Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Killzone 2

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Feb 27, 2009

Take the fight to the Helghast in this first person shooter from Guerrilla Games.

Anyone else avoiding the K2 demo?

BothBarsOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By BothBarsOn

I've been looking forward to this game for so long and now the demo is just a matter of hours away. But I find that I don't want to play it. I dunno, it feels like having a Big Mac on your way into a fancy restaurant.

Anyone else holding out for the full thing?

Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
    deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

BothBarsOn said:
    "I've been looking forward to this game for so long and now the demo is just a matter of hours away. But I find that I don't want to play it. I dunno, it feels like having a Big Mac on your way into a fancy restaurant.

Anyone else holding out for the full thing?"
    Yep, I`m going to wait until the 27th to finally play it, this is one game that I want to save every last bit for the full thing.
    get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By get2sammyb

I'm not avoiding it. I've avoided so many gameplay videos and stuff because I want to tackle this game fresh but I figure that Sony aren't stupid enough to put out a demo that's going to spoil the game.

I understand why people want to avoid it, so it's all fresh when you get to play it, but I'm going to allow myself some time with the game. Might skip through any cinematics though; just play the demo to get an idea of gameplay and stuff.

Exciting times.

OmegaPirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By OmegaPirate
    get2sammyb said:
    "I'm not avoiding it. I've avoided so many gameplay videos and stuff because I want to tackle this game fresh but I figure that Sony aren't stupid enough to put out a demo that's going to spoil the game.

I understand why people want to avoid it, so it's all fresh when you get to play it, but I'm going to allow myself some time with the game. Might skip through any cinematics though; just play the demo to get an idea of gameplay and stuff.

Exciting times."
    Im going to see pendulum tomorrow - then staying overnight, then on friday going out clubbing,then on saturday hitting up some airsoft,  - i aint gonna bne home after tonight until sunday -so im going to miss the majority of time i could have with the demo - BAH!!
    penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By penguindust

While I am not really avoiding it, I'm not actively seeking it out, either.  I've so many other games on my playlist, that going through the effort for a game's demo that I'm certain to buy when it's released, seems like a waste of time.  I can wait until the end of the month and not miss having played the demo at all.

If there is any reason at all that I might download it on the 26th, it's just to check out the control scheme.  I've heard it takes a little getting used to, and in an FPS, having comfortable controls is very important.  But, I suspect this has more to do with the games tactics and less to do with how you wiggle the analog sticks to aim.

BothBarsOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By BothBarsOn

Yeah, I think that's what's at the back of my mind - I KNOW I'm going to buy it so the demo is a little redundant.

Jackel2072

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#7  Edited By Jackel2072

see i have a problem of playing the demo a little too much! i played the uncharted demo a lot and then when the game finally came out it did spoil it for me a bit. the more i think about it the more i think they should have released a multiplayer demo rather then a single player demo. now thats something really worth sinking you're teeth into

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.