Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Killzone 2

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Feb 27, 2009

Take the fight to the Helghast in this first person shooter from Guerrilla Games.

Buying KZ2 just for the online. I have a question.

Rebirth1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Rebirth1337
    I'll be getting a PS3 soon and I've always wanted to play KZ2 online because it looks so bad ass. I just want to know do enough people still play online? Thanks for the help.
    Rayfield

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Rayfield

So you won't touch the single-player? It comes free with the game.
    nukesniper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 7

#3  Edited By nukesniper

I bought it somewhat for this reason, however mine is still sitting by my PS3 as Uncharted: Drake's Fortune cut in line. If I get to playing tonight I will throw it in and see how online goes later. But I'm sure someone else who actually knows this and isn't wasting your time like I am will answer before then. :)

Noodlearms

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Noodlearms

I played it at launch until I hit the highest rank. 
    Got bored after, that game's just meh to me.   
    And yes, plenty still play online.
    JeevesPleez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By JeevesPleez

Not to mention the bots are perfectly competent. They've surprised me multiple times.

ToxicFruit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6  Edited By ToxicFruit

I personally don't think the KZ2 multiplayer is fun anymore , everyone is just running around with a shotgun and team killing. You should have seen the multiplayer at the release then it was great. If you are only getting KZ2 because of the MP I cant recomend it to you.

Rebirth1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Rebirth1337
    @Toxic:  Well in MW2 people run around with shotguns, knife, noobtubes and they use glitches so i think I'll be fine.
    @Rayfield:  And yes I will touch the SP but the main reason I'm buying it is to play MP.
    Botaro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Botaro

Im getting Killzone 2 soon as well. Just 1 question, is the multiplayer free to play? No fees or anything?

nanikore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By nanikore
    @Botaro: It's free.
    Dolphin_Butter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 21

#10  Edited By Dolphin_Butter
    @Botaro said:
    " Im getting Killzone 2 soon as well. Just 1 question, is the multiplayer free to play? No fees or anything? "
    No fees, but everyone seems more willing to play on the DLC maps. If I recall, you can't actually see those lobbies if you don't have them either.
    nukesniper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#11  Edited By nukesniper
    @Sleepy_Insomniac said:
    " @Botaro said:
    " Im getting Killzone 2 soon as well. Just 1 question, is the multiplayer free to play? No fees or anything? "
    No fees, but everyone seems more willing to play on the DLC maps. If I recall, you can't actually see those lobbies if you don't have them either. "

I don't have the DLC and have never seen a DLC lobby. So you are probably right. 

I've played quite a bit of KZ2 online since I originally posted earlier on this post. And there must be a bunch of people playing it online, as I only really have found lobbies with people of similar rank to me. I have only played with the lower ranking people, which is really nice when you are new to how a game plays. KZ2 is pretty fun too. Coming from MW2, it feels different to play but it has a lot of nice aspects to it and it looks great.
    DaSmart1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By DaSmart1

I just played it today. There's still many people online and it's still as fun as it was when I picked it up. 

K0rN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By K0rN

Yes.
    metalmoog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#14  Edited By metalmoog

I just started playing this last night.  The thing I immediately noticed and thought was awesome was the match making system.  I LOVE how this game lets you play against people of the same rank as you.  Starting out as a complete noob, it's great fun to be playing against others of same skills/weapons.  It's a far cry from playing the Call of Duty games, where you get thrown in a room with top ranked players that have all of the weapons and attachments unlocked and have to slog it out to rank up.

I really like the games constantly cycling too, so you get a taste of everything instead of just one game type.  I didn't see much camping either, I guess the absence of killstreak rewards actually force players to move around instead of hiding in a building for 20 minutes padding a streak.

Last night I had more fun playing Killzone 2 online, than I ever have playing any other shooter. This game is A+.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By NTM

Yes, people still play it. It's not gonna be done for a while. I personally don't take time to play it, but I know enough to know that people are playing it. It's up there with the best for most people.
    dantheman1515

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By dantheman1515

Good luck getting games without the downloadable maps. That game is not worth buying now for what your going to get. The singleplayer is lackluster at best, and the multiplayer is only appealing for a couple days. I would rent or borrow it to play some of it because graphically its amazing.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By NTM
    @Botaro:
    Like Live, or the majority of MMO's?... No. That goes for PS3 games in general. Surprised someone doesn't know that.
    Enemtee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#18  Edited By Enemtee

I bought the game a few days ago. I love the multiplayer, and I will buy all the extra mappacks, I think even tonight :-) 
    I've played a lot of Modern Warfare, ande some Resistance 2 and Warhawk, but yeah, Killzone 2 is easily the most fun multiplayer shooter I've played as of late. I like the "sluggish" controls, as they fit playing on a console, and myself as a person aswell.

Well, back to Killzone 2, and as I said, need to get the new maps.

TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By TwoOneFive

yes.  

its an excellent MP and the online is verrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry well designed. better than most games, especially mw2. clan support is GODLY

spaceturtle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#20  Edited By spaceturtle

Dude, the online is good. It can be played very tactical so join up with some friends is what I recommend for online play. But, even thou you might be mostly interested in the online, I strongly recommend you check out the campaign! It is actually really good. The story and characters might not be top noch, but the gameplay and the way you progress through the story is good. Overall, the single player is the strongest feature in the game imo.

Tornac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

#21  Edited By Tornac

I still play multiplayer from time to time, and whenever I go online, it's flooded with people playing. You won't have any problems finding a match that's for sure.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.