Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Killzone 2

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Feb 27, 2009

Take the fight to the Helghast in this first person shooter from Guerrilla Games.

Casual Renaming Poll

MAST

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By MAST

Just for the sake of speeding this up, i decided to go ahead and create a poll with what i thought were the top 5 choices out of the few we thought up. I realize some of you might have a ton of great ideas, but i didn't want to wait around too long. People might start thinking an invite is never going to come. So i want to get the clan up and running asap so no one thinks i've forgotten about them.

The very last choice "The Prodigious Pineapple" is already the name of the casual GiantBomb clan. So choose that if you just want to keep it the same, and not worry about changing it. It shouldn't take any time at all to create a new clan, with the new name. So don't let that effect your choice. As soon as we decide on a name, i can have the clan created, and invites sent out in 10 minutes.

I figure i'll let this sit for 24 hours or so, and whichever has the most votes we'll go with. Then i'll send the invites out immediately after.

The_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By The_Dude

Space Truckers FTW, Midnight Brown FTW!

twenty0ne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By twenty0ne

No love for Luchadeer? 

zitosilva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By zitosilva

I think that Prodigious Pineapple is still better than the other choices.

MAST

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By MAST
    zitosilva said:
    "I think that Prodigious Pineapple is still better than the other choices."

I mean, it's better then just calling it "GiantBomb Clan 2" but doesn't "Prodigious Pineapple" simply mean "enormous" or "huge" Pineapple? I don't really get it. Maybe it's something way over my head, but i just don't get any amusement from basically saying "LARGE PINEAPPLE!"

Maybe if we were called "Huge Potato" that'd make more sense... Err, no it wouldn't.

/shrug

matthew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#6  Edited By matthew

Large Tuna.  Thanks Office!

crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By crunchUK

large potato

zitosilva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By zitosilva
    MAST said:
    "zitosilva said:
    I mean, it's better then just calling it "GiantBomb Clan 2" but doesn't "Prodigious Pineapple" simply mean "enormous" or "huge" Pineapple? I don't really get it. Maybe it's something way over my head, but i just don't get any amusement from basically saying "LARGE PINEAPPLE!"Maybe if we were called "Huge Potato" that'd make more sense... Err, no it wouldn't./shrug"
    But it's the choice of the word that makes all the difference. That's what separates poetry from a document.
    Being prodigious makes it much richer, allowing for a more ironic and subjective way of saying "great" or "big".

And it has to be a Pineapple specifically. Bog didn't choose it because he likes the fruit, it's because it's another way of saying "bomb". A sort of slang, if you will.
    Prodigious Pineapple is just another way of saying "Giant Bomb", but in a much more comedic way. Which suits the casual nature of our humble clan.
    Avatar image for deactivated-57beb9d651361
    deactivated-57beb9d651361

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Prodigious Pineapple, simply for the reason that im in a group of that name. Whether its the actual clan or not i've no idea/ Either way, sign me up for whatever the outcome is.

Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#10  Edited By Snail
    crunchUK said:
    "large potato"
    Oh you are so witty.

On Topic: Do you really think that people outside of the clan should vote? Because that is what's gonna happen.
    NinjaHunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By NinjaHunter
    MAST said:
    "zitosilva said:
    I mean, it's better then just calling it "GiantBomb Clan 2" but doesn't "Prodigious Pineapple" simply mean "enormous" or "huge" Pineapple? I don't really get it. Maybe it's something way over my head, but i just don't get any amusement from basically saying "LARGE PINEAPPLE!"Maybe if we were called "Huge Potato" that'd make more sense... Err, no it wouldn't./shrug"
    Pineapple is slang for grenade. Maybe just explosives in general but I've only heard it used for a grenade. Which makes sense since they kinda look like pineapples.
    Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By Karmum
    The Prodigious Pineapple has a relative "ZING!" to it.
    Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#13  Edited By Snail
    Karmum said:
    " The Prodigious Pineapple has a relative "ZING!" to it."
    A blue font Karmum?...
    MAST

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By MAST
    Snail said:
    "crunchUK said:   Oh you are so witty.On Topic: Do you really think that people outside of the clan should vote? Because that is what's gonna happen."

Meh, i don't mind. I like getting outside opinion. And you never know, some of these "out of clan" people that are voting might eventually pick up Killzone 2 and decide to join us. Since that might be the case, everyone that's part of this community should feel free to cast their vote and express their opinion.

zitosilva said:
    "MAST said:  Bog didn't choose it because he likes the fruit, it's because it's another way of saying "bomb". A sort of slang, if you will.Prodigious Pineapple is just another way of saying "Giant Bomb", but in a much more comedic way. Which suits the casual nature of our humble clan."

Ahh, ok. See, i knew i just wasn't getting it. Now that you explained, i remember hearing grenades and such reffered to as "pineapples." So yeah, that's actually pretty funny now that i'm in on it.

StaticFalconar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#15  Edited By StaticFalconar

All inside jokes aside, since the casual clan will obviously not be as good as the super dedicated clans, I vote "probably drunk" that way we can tell our enemies immediately why they are kicking our ass while we just mess around.

MAST

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By MAST
    StaticFalconar said:
    "All inside jokes aside, since the casual clan will obviously not be as good as the super dedicated clans, I vote "probably drunk" that way we can tell our enemies immediately why they are kicking our ass while we just mess around. "

Lol, yup. That's exactly what i was going for... We lose a match? Well, it's because "most" of us were probably drunk.  =P

MAST

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By MAST

Well, since i left it up for two days, and Prodigious Pineapple is tied. We'll just stick with that name.

I'm going to write up everyone's PSN names, and send out invites asap. So check your in-game message box.

zitosilva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By zitosilva
    MAST said:
    "Well, since i left it up for two days, and Prodigious Pineapple is tied. We'll just stick with that name.I'm going to write up everyone's PSN names, and send out invites asap. So check your in-game message box."
    So it just continue to be the same Prodigious Pineapple we have right now? The clan I'm  in is the one that's going to be, right?
    MAST

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By MAST
    zitosilva said:
    "MAST said:
    "Well, since i left it up for two days, and Prodigious Pineapple is tied. We'll just stick with that name.I'm going to write up everyone's PSN names, and send out invites asap. So check your in-game message box."
    So it just continue to be the same Prodigious Pineapple we have right now? The clan I'm  in is the one that's going to be, right?"

Yeah, if you are already in Prodigious Pineapple. Then you are fine. I'm going to invite the other people as soon as BoG gives me leadership, and i have the ability to invite.

Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
    KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By KaosAngel
    MAST said:
    "zitosilva said:
    "MAST said:
    So it just continue to be the same Prodigious Pineapple we have right now? The clan I'm  in is the one that's going to be, right?"
    Yeah, if you are already in Prodigious Pineapple. Then you are fine. I'm going to invite the other people as soon as BoG gives me leadership, and i have the ability to invite."
    BoG's in the other clan...he has no control of this one.  O_o
    MAST

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By MAST
    KaosAngel said:
    BoG's in the other clan...he has no control of this one.  O_o"

Errm. Well then i dunno who this guy is i've been PM'ing. His name is BoG in the PM, and he just recently sent me a PM saying that he transferred leadership to me. So unless it's an imposter...
    Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
    KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By KaosAngel
    MAST said:
    "KaosAngel said:
    BoG's in the other clan...he has no control of this one.  O_o"
    Errm. Well then i dunno who this guy is i've been PM'ing. His name is BoG in the PM, and he just recently sent me a PM saying that he transferred leadership to me. So unless it's an imposter..."
    That makes no sense...I'm so confused.  Bog was in the other one since last week...

I'm so confused...I'm just gonna head over to school now.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.