Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Killzone 2

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Feb 27, 2009

Take the fight to the Helghast in this first person shooter from Guerrilla Games.

During the wee hours, Killzone 2 CLICKED for me.

artofwar420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By artofwar420

That's right, no more getting dizzy (I stepped back a couple of feet) no more fighting the controls. I WAS PWNING IT UP yesterday, I was unstoppable, I will definitely play Killzone 2 until Killzone 3 comes out.

GOD, the game is so good looking and now that I "get" the controllers, it's just so close to perfection, it's scary.

No Caption Provided

Mushir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Mushir

Well, good for you.

artofwar420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By artofwar420

You forgot the picture:

GOOD FOR YOU!!!!!
    GOOD FOR YOU!!!!!

Luke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#4  Edited By Luke

That's awesome man, welcome aboard!

artofwar420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By artofwar420

Thanks!

Venatio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By Venatio

Yeah I know exactly what your talking about, the same happened to me, at the end of the match I had 95 points and the guy after me on the list had like 45, I seriously loved that match

JoelTGM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By JoelTGM

The game can play a bit differently than other games, but honestly I picked up the controls right away.  It's easy, just squeeze a few high rounds and get headshot after headshot.  Every now and then while I'm playing, something happens and it reminds me how awesome the game is.

LiveOrDie1212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By LiveOrDie1212

once you hear that *blip* after you killed someone, its just feels so GOOD.... anyway, the game "clicked" for me since day one, so congrats.

Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
    KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By KaosAngel

If KZ3 has the same shitty story I'll wait for a price drop...
    ...Halo 3 had a shitty story but the campaign wasn't shit like it is in KZ2. 

artofwar420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By artofwar420

I don't believe the KZ2 campaign was shitty. The story might have generic (haven't finished yet), but the campaign was well made.

RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 8

#11  Edited By RHCPfan24

I still need to get it! *sigh* I will get it next week. It sure looks sweet. I hope it "clicks" like that for me too.

Lashe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#12  Edited By Lashe
    artofwar420 said:
    "You forgot the picture:

GOOD FOR YOU!!!!!
    GOOD FOR YOU!!!!!
    "
    Lmfao. Subtle ;]

That's awesome you're enjoying it though. It clicked for me too and a friend and I sat through it on Friday night. Was a blast while it lasted but it just didn't have that 'edge' for me that I needed. Maybe it was the COD4-like driving narrative (yeah, yeah, yeah, I know everyone rips the story but there's a damned good reason for that) but it just never quite got into the territory that I wanted it to fall into so badly. Great game though, just not in my opinion as good as I was led to believe.
    NinjaMunkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#13  Edited By NinjaMunkey

I found it pretty simple to start with =P

But then again KZ2 is very similar online to COD4, which i played a huge amount and I got very good at it. So I use my tactics or that game in KZ2 and so far its worked brilliantly, aka being in the top 3 in most matches.

Youve just got to always use the sights, even close up, crouch and stay still whilst shooting, dont un and gun. sprint between cover and cover doors at an angle.

And importantly keep back if possible, so many people go close to get the first kill and get killed very quickly by grenades. Plus it means if things get so hopless theres nothing you can do, it gives you time to get out of the way and attack from a better spot.

Plus so many people crowd at one point to attack from which is silly. The maps are made with loads of ways to get the better of the enemy, I try to find routes where i can get a hight advantage. It may seem like your deserting the team but 99% of the time you find a place where you can take out most of the enemies and end up sabving everyone else lol...

Avatar image for sathingtonwaltz
    SathingtonWaltz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#14  Edited By SathingtonWaltz

Awesome! I never really understood anyone's complaints, as when I played the demo I immediately enjoyed it. I never saw any problems with the controls or anything. I think people are just trying to find something to hate on the game about.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.