Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Killzone 2

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Feb 27, 2009

Take the fight to the Helghast in this first person shooter from Guerrilla Games.

First Killzone 2 DLC Announced

IceColdGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By IceColdGamer

It's called the Steel & Titanium pack, and features two new multiplayer maps. The first one is Wasteland Bullet, which takes place on a train, and the other is Vekta Cruiser, which takes place on...well, a Vekta cruiser.

The pack should be out at the end of month, and as of yet, there's no word on pricing.

---

Huzzah.

meptron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 17

#2  Edited By meptron

only two maps? that's kind of a dissapointment actually... I'd like a new game mode and maybe even another class....

_Phara0h_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By _Phara0h_

Let's hope it's free....

OmegaPirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By OmegaPirate
    THAfara0 said:
    "Let's hope it's free...."
    Why?
    LiveOrDie1212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By LiveOrDie1212

i don't think im gonna get it. im happy with the maps they've given us in the game. plus, i don't want to spend money just for 2 extra maps.

get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By get2sammyb
    LiveOrDie1212 said:
    "i don't think im gonna get it. im happy with the maps they've given us in the game. plus, i don't want to spend money just for 2 extra maps. "
    You'll cave when everyone else is playing it. I'm so glad it has the train map on it. It looks really cool, and it was awesome hearing them talk about the way you can jump between carriages. Really looking forward to that map.

They also hinted a "retro" map pack is on the way.
    Alex_V

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7  Edited By Alex_V

Don't forget the LBP Killzone 2 costume packs - a far superior product in every way : )

OmegaPirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By OmegaPirate

Embed of the video showing the two new maps -they are taken from the campaign and looking pretty roomy! which is nice.

Also note that he points out a hint at the next map pack, apparently its going to be a retro pack - maps form killzone 1 maybe? that would be pretty sweet as there were some badass maps on that game (i want the park tbh :D)

One thing im wondering is whether greandes and projectiles will be affected by the wind on the train as they were in the campaign? if so then its gonna be an interetsing day for those not realising it
    pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By pause422
    OmegaPirate said:
    "THAfara0 said:
    Why?
    "
    Because its maps that probably should of been on the disc coming out this soon after release. Two maps isn't reason enough to pay for in the first place.
    OmegaPirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By OmegaPirate
    pause422 said:
    "OmegaPirate said:
    "THAfara0 said:
    Why?
    "
    Because its maps that probably should of been on the disc coming out this soon after release. Two maps isn't reason enough to pay for in the first place."
    Jeez not this again :/ if anyone still thinks that by the time the disc goes gold theres not already other stuff in the pipeline being worked on for the future, or stuff that just missed the deadline and therefore is being released once properly finished - then they should just. stop. thinking. like . that

Its the age we live in, it's how making games works, the exact same was said about gears maps -if you are offended just dont buy the damn stuff
    pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By pause422

Offended is a dumb word to use there...definitely doesn't fit and isn't that at all. It doesn't change the fact that what I said is true. I also realize though that these people want money like anyone else, so this is what will happen most likely. Doesn't matter whether it should or shouldn't or what anyone really thinks, its going to happen this way regardless. It however doesn't mean there isn't a reason to call out stupid bullshit when it happens, even if you can't do anything about it.

LiveOrDie1212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By LiveOrDie1212
    OmegaPirate said:
    "Embed of the video showing the two new maps -they are taken from the campaign and looking pretty roomy! which is nice.

Also note that he points out a hint at the next map pack, apparently its going to be a retro pack - maps form killzone 1 maybe? that would be pretty sweet as there were some badass maps on that game (i want the park tbh :D)

One thing im wondering is whether greandes and projectiles will be affected by the wind on the train as they were in the campaign? if so then its gonna be an interetsing day for those not realising it
    "
    ok, after watching the vid, i think the maps looks pretty cool. i might change my mind about this. i just hope its not too expensive
    zitosilva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#13  Edited By zitosilva

I'll hold my judgement until I hear the price. I guess I'd pay five dollars for it (though I don't feel the necessity of more maps as of now). But more than that is just stealing.

Zatoichi_Sanjuro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Zatoichi_Sanjuro
    pause422 said:
    "Offended is a dumb word to use there...definitely doesn't fit and isn't that at all. It doesn't change the fact that what I said is true. I also realize though that these people want money like anyone else, so this is what will happen most likely. Doesn't matter whether it should or shouldn't or what anyone really thinks, its going to happen this way regardless. It however doesn't mean there isn't a reason to call out stupid bullshit when it happens, even if you can't do anything about it."
    x2.

It's kind of depressing to be living in an age where people not only expect to pay for map-pack DLC but border-line demand it.

Especially only two maps.

I have faith GG will go the Criteron route.
    get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#15  Edited By get2sammyb

Seriously, don't expect this for free. I very much doubt it will be free.

I don't really see why people are expecting it for free -- they probably started work on the maps after the game went gold.

BigBoss1911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#16  Edited By BigBoss1911
    OmegaPirate said:
    "THAfara0 said:
    Why?
    "
    Theres ONLY two maps.
    OmegaPirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By OmegaPirate
    BigBoss1911 said:
    "OmegaPirate said:
    "THAfara0 said:
    Why?
    "
    Theres ONLY two maps."
    Then just dont buy them? 

Seriously there is far more rip off dlc out there for people to go complain about :/
    Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#18  Edited By Karmum
    Meptron said:
    "only two maps? that's kind of a dissapointment actually... I'd like a new game mode and maybe even another class...."
    That kind of stuff is normally in game updates, and free. Normally. Although, in my opinion, I consider that to be TRUE DLC, instead of several maps.
    meptron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#19  Edited By meptron

he mentioned new features in that interview. hopefully that's something cool. of course this will cost money, but hopefully it'll only be $5.00? Beyond that, i'm not so sure I'd get it.

MrGetBonus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By MrGetBonus

http://www.n4g.com/ps3/News-310300.aspx

So apparently it's free. Can't wait.

Also, for anyone who hasn't seen.
    http://www.gametrailers.com/player/47889.html
    http://www.gametrailers.com/player/47891.html

DerkDigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By DerkDigg

i cant waiiit.

i just gotta buy the game. -_-

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.