Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Killzone 2

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Feb 27, 2009

Take the fight to the Helghast in this first person shooter from Guerrilla Games.

How come I can't add bots to an online match

Avatar image for theworstplayerever
    TheWorstPlayerEver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

Okay so I am trying to create a game so a friend of mine and I can play online against some bots and get used to the game but it wont let me add bots. I see the option but when I try to add them nothing happens. What do I have to do to add bots to an online match?

Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
    KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By KaosAngel

They patched it to stop people from gaining free points. 

I think they should just say that if you kill more than 50 bots a week, you can't get Weekly Rank. 

Some of us in clans need the bots to train and work on tactics.

Avatar image for theworstplayerever
    TheWorstPlayerEver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

thats pretty weak! they should just make it so you can't gain points from bot matches. I would like to play bots with a friend so we could develop strategies and such without getting destroyed online

Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
    KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By KaosAngel

The bots will be put back in once they figure out how to rank them.

Oh well, we'll see what happens.  The forums aren't helping either because their damn site isn't loading for anyone.

capeo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By capeo

The bots are why some people have over 30000 points already.  Two guys would make a game with 30 bots and waste them for the points.  I'm pretty shocked GG didn't see that coming actually.  They should just make bots not count as a kill unless it's a turret or flying mech.

JoelTGM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By JoelTGM

It's just a temporary solution, don't worry.  They will bring the bots back in once they've got it sorted out.  They said they didn't catch it because bots were not in the beta, and they admitted that it bit them in the ass haha.  Just be glad they fixed it up right away, otherwise the leaderboard would be completely pointless.  The folks on the top of the leaderboard exploited the bots, but that's the way it goes, now they just have a crappy reputation and other people will pass them in points as time goes by.

StaticFalconar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7  Edited By StaticFalconar

Answer is simple, any match with bots just shouldn't count as a ranked game; disabling the bots isn't the answer.

Avatar image for deactivated-5884be30433ec
    deactivated-5884be30433ec

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Yea. I think a game with bots shouldnt count as a ranked game.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.