Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Killzone 2

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Feb 27, 2009

Take the fight to the Helghast in this first person shooter from Guerrilla Games.

If you've stopped playing... come back! It looks even better.

artofwar420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

Edited By artofwar420
    You'll be back.
    You'll be back.
    So like a few of us, I stopped playing for a while, mainly due to school duties and other games. Finally I got some free time and decided to turn on my PS3 and play Killzone 2, I died like 10 times before I got a kill, but once I got my groove back I was owning.

But the thing that struck me the most was how freaking amazing the game actually looks, I don't know if it's the time I've been away, but it really struck me. I really enjoyed that match. So if you've got the time try playing a few matches, you'll see.

artofwar420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By artofwar420
    You'll be back.
    You'll be back.
    So like a few of us, I stopped playing for a while, mainly due to school duties and other games. Finally I got some free time and decided to turn on my PS3 and play Killzone 2, I died like 10 times before I got a kill, but once I got my groove back I was owning.

But the thing that struck me the most was how freaking amazing the game actually looks, I don't know if it's the time I've been away, but it really struck me. I really enjoyed that match. So if you've got the time try playing a few matches, you'll see.

Hitchenson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Hitchenson

Eh... don't you think it looks really, really bland? :/

artofwar420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By artofwar420
    Hitchenson said:
    "Eh... don't you think it looks really, really bland? :/"
    The first time I played it and until I stopped, I could have agreed with you to a certain degree, the environments looked a bit too monochrome.

But I don't know what it was, maybe it was that the match I joined had only one other player and the person was AFK, I just explored and looked around, everything is so detailed, there's little tables with bottles and things that make it look like not too long ago there were two buds having drinks, but then war came. Maybe it was hard to appreciate the detail before with a gazillion bullets going by. I'm talking about the level with the two bridges and the sand blowing (forgot the name). There's monitors, stations, shit I didn't even know was there. It looks like an actual place, not just a game level. You can destroy some things, the level of detail is insane. So after noticing all that, I don't think it's bland at all.
    get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By get2sammyb

It is a beautiful game. I went back the other day for an Elite playthrough but it's WAY too fucking hard.

Hitchenson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Hitchenson
    artofwar420 said:
    "Hitchenson said:
    The first time I played it and until I stopped, I could have agreed with you to a certain degree, the environments looked a bit too monochrome. But I don't know what it was, maybe it was that the match I joined had only one other player and the person was AFK, I just explored and looked around, everything is so detailed, there's little tables with bottles and things that make it look like not too long ago there were two buds having drinks, but then war came. Maybe it was hard to appreciate the detail before with a gazillion bullets going by. I'm talking about the level with the two bridges and the sand blowing (forgot the name). There's monitors, stations, shit I didn't even know was there. It looks like an actual place, not just a game level. You can destroy some things, the level of detail is insane. So after noticing all that, I don't think it's bland at all."
    Yeah, I'd agree it's crazy detailed. And, to be honest graphics don't effect my like/dis-like for games. But don't you think all the colours were really... meh. Like, boring to look at?
    get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By get2sammyb
    Hitchenson said:
    "artofwar420 said:
    "Hitchenson said:
    The first time I played it and until I stopped, I could have agreed with you to a certain degree, the environments looked a bit too monochrome. But I don't know what it was, maybe it was that the match I joined had only one other player and the person was AFK, I just explored and looked around, everything is so detailed, there's little tables with bottles and things that make it look like not too long ago there were two buds having drinks, but then war came. Maybe it was hard to appreciate the detail before with a gazillion bullets going by. I'm talking about the level with the two bridges and the sand blowing (forgot the name). There's monitors, stations, shit I didn't even know was there. It looks like an actual place, not just a game level. You can destroy some things, the level of detail is insane. So after noticing all that, I don't think it's bland at all."
    Yeah, I'd agree it's crazy detailed. And, to be honest graphics don't effect my like/dis-like for games. But don't you think all the colours were really... meh. Like, boring to look at?"
    No.
    Hitchenson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Hitchenson
    get2sammyb said:
    "Hitchenson said:
    "artofwar420 said:
    "Hitchenson said:
    Yeah, I'd agree it's crazy detailed. And, to be honest graphics don't effect my like/dis-like for games. But don't you think all the colours were really... meh. Like, boring to look at?"
    No."
    Well, to me they are. I'm just not a fan of looking at different shades of brown and grey.
    subject2change

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By subject2change

Eh I stopped for a bit, was playing Persona 4 and got right back into it with no real long string of deaths. Controls were like a bicyle a little wobbly at first but got the hang of it. Have too much to play and do to just play the KZ2 multiplayer despite how fun it may be. I'll try to put in a few hours a week though as it is pretty damn good for a console shooter.

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By pause422

It looks the same as it did in the first place.....

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By CL60
    pause422 said:
    "It looks the same as it did in the first place....."
    Yeah...
    LiveOrDie1212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By LiveOrDie1212

it look as good as the first time i played it. I've been playing a lot of KZ2 MP lately, its so addictive. oh, and im still owning.

FrEeZe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By FrEeZe

Just recently got a nice HDTV so that got me back into playing Killzone 2, and my God that game is crazy detailed. I mean being able to see those colliding particle effects is really amazing. (The smoke particles that are effected by other models and the the sparks that bounce off walls and floors.)

Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
    KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 3

#13  Edited By KaosAngel

I took a break from it as well...as well as gaming in general. 

It feels like the Clan died and gah...I dunno what to do.  :(

Gizmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Gizmo
    Hitchenson said:
    The levels are actually anything but bland, Halo 3 and Cod4's levels are FAR blander.
    Hitchenson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Hitchenson
    Gizmo said:
    "Hitchenson said:
    The levels are actually anything but bland, Halo 3 and Cod4's levels are FAR blander."
    How exactly? I seriously don't feel the same way...
    Crono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 6

#16  Edited By Crono
    Hitchenson said:
    "get2sammyb said:
    "Hitchenson said:
    "artofwar420 said:
    "Hitchenson said:
    No."
    Well, to me they are. I'm just not a fan of looking at different shades of brown and grey.
    "
    Your icon says otherwise.
    get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By get2sammyb
    Crono said:
    "Hitchenson said:
    "get2sammyb said:
    "Hitchenson said:
    "artofwar420 said:
    "Hitchenson said:
    No."
    "
    Your icon says otherwise."
    Haha comical.

I can see why people might use the word "bland" -- I would more use the word "forboding"; the game is undoubtedly detailed and "beautiful" - but it's also very depressing. It's been designed that way, you're supposed to feel intimidated. Hence the glowing colours and the dark, towering look to everything.

It depends on your cup of tea; bland is certainly the wrong word, but I kinda understand where you're coming from.

It's the best looking console video game to date, but if you love colour in games then... Nuh-uh.
    artofwar420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By artofwar420
    KaosAngel said:
    "I took a break from it as well...as well as gaming in general.  It feels like the Clan died and gah...I dunno what to do.  :("
    Maybe we went about it in the wrong way, maybe we should just use the clan as a way to set up games in between ourselves?
    _Phara0h_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#19  Edited By _Phara0h_
    KaosAngel said:
    "I took a break from it as well...as well as gaming in general.  It feels like the Clan died and gah...I dunno what to do.  :("
    I blame no apparent leadership.
    Zatoichi_Sanjuro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Zatoichi_Sanjuro

Actually they're screwing it up with the patches.

Haven't fixed any of the balance issues and just seem to be introducing more.

I mean, turning the turrets into Snipe-Bot 2000's....really? As if having rockets and being able to blow Air Sentries out of the sky as soon as they're deployed wasn't bad enough.

No Caption Provided

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#21  Edited By Willy105

The art for the game sucks. But everybody has to admit that the technology is spectacular.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.