Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Killzone 2

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Feb 27, 2009

Take the fight to the Helghast in this first person shooter from Guerrilla Games.

is a ps3 worth getting just for this game

• 73 results
    Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
    KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 3

#51  Edited By KaosAngel

Short answer no.

Long answer, depends if you're going to buy more games and multiplats on PS3.

kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By kush

Have just beat the game a few days ago, as well as giving the MP a go, I can easily say "no". The game doesn't do anything new and while the MP isn't too bad, it doesn't really do anything particularly exciting that just screams "OMG!!! You have to play me now and years down the line!!!"

retwakm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#53  Edited By retwakm

i think it would be worth it if u also got some other games like mgs4 and lbp. one game alone is not worth it but if u got all three of these its definitly orth the money. thats just my opinion but if ur only going to play one game thats like going down to gamestop and paying 400 dollars for it

BoG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#54  Edited By BoG

Uncharted, Metal Gear, flower, Noby Noby Boy, Ratchet and Clank, LittleBigPlanet,  inFamous... there are plenty of reasons to own a PS3 that aren't KIllzone 2. Do it.

Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
    KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By KaosAngel
    BoG said:
    "Uncharted, Metal Gear, flower, Noby Noby Boy, Ratchet and Clank, LittleBigPlanet,  inFamous... there are plenty of reasons to own a PS3 that aren't KIllzone 2. Do it."
    MGS4 is coming out for 360, heard it here first.  ;)
    Heron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#56  Edited By Heron

So far there are 3 reasons to buy a ps3 for a hardcore gamer that doesn't want to spend too much money: Metal Gear Solid 4, Killzone 2 and BluRay Support.
    I'm just waiting for Gran Turismo 5 to come out (GT Prologue doesn't count) for it to be definitely worth it.
    But if you're not interested in MGS4 and GT5, then no. And, of course, only get it if you already have a 360 cos PSN is a joke compared to xbox live.

thiago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#57  Edited By thiago
    Kush said:
    "Have just beat the game a few days ago, as well as giving the MP a go, I can easily say "no". The game doesn't do anything new and while the MP isn't too bad, it doesn't really do anything particularly exciting that just screams "OMG!!! You have to play me now and years down the line!!!""

We certainly didn't play the same game then. Killzone is absolutely awesome. The cover mechanics adds to the gameplay, but it doesn't change it that much, which is a good thing. The levels are difficult enough, not too much to cause you frustation, but challenging enough to make it interesting.

The game is a step above anything else. The only game I have played that does something similar is CoD4. But Killzone is 10 times more intense. Lots of things hapenning around you, lots of people shooting you. You really feel like you are in a war.

Most of other shooters still use the "Lone Warrior" idea. Such as Bioshock or Half-Life. It means that everything is SO CLEAN, and SO EASY. This you are faced with tens of enemies at a time and you need to push forward. It doesn't matter how many you kill. It is a videogamy thing to expect that you kill a X number of enemies and then you have cleared the area to proceed, this game doesn't let you in peace for a second.

At some point I really got tired about getting shot from 2 or 3 directions at once. I was really like "Come on! Give me some rest!". The Helghast come from all directions, they flank you, they come from above, in front of you.

I am still stunned. This game seems like Modern Warfare Perfected. It is truly an evolution, graphically and gameplay-wise.

Words can't describe it. I was really skeptical after all the 360 fanboy non-sense on the internet. I got the game, but was expecting all the flaws cited in the reviews (like crappy textures, bad AI, ugly fire, etc), but I have to say: F**K you IGN, Gamespot, etc. This game deserves 11 out of 10. IT is a truly masterpiece. It is beautiful. It makes you feel like in  a conflict, unlike any other.
    NinjaMunkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By NinjaMunkey

No, but it for killzone 2, warhawk, resistance 2, uncharted ect...

Also if your good at COD4 to start with especially at lower ranks killzone 2 online will be a doddle for you. Its similar to COD4, though it has some alterations i always wanted in COD4 which bring it to a whole new level.

Also once you go up a few ranks Ive found that once everyone gets better it becomes much more fun.

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By JJOR64

If your getting a PS3 for just this game then, No.

Giantsquirrel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#60  Edited By Giantsquirrel

There are a lot of good games on PS3, buy the system for the library, not a single game. Killzone 2 is great but the system has other great games as well. Be sure you get those (aforementioned) titles as well.

keyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By keyhunter

The fact of the matter is that Killzone 2 isn't the best shooter out there. You've probably already played 5 or 6 shooters on the 360 or PC that are better than Killzone 2. Maybe if you haven't played a shooter since Counterstrike or something Killzone 2 is hot shit, but really it's already been outdated by games that came out 2 years before hand.

badgrafix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By badgrafix

I agree with the general consensus here. buy ps3 not only for killzone but for all the other great games it has to offer as well. if you already have an xbox, and you have some cash then why not? 

LiveOrDie1212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By LiveOrDie1212
    keyhunter said:
    "The fact of the matter is that Killzone 2 isn't the best shooter out there. You've probably already played 5 or 6 shooters on the 360 or PC that are better than Killzone 2. Maybe if you haven't played a shooter since Counterstrike or something Killzone 2 is hot shit, but really it's already been outdated by games that came out 2 years before hand."

troll alert
    badgrafix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By badgrafix

well, where he went wrong was with the 'the fact of the matter' bit. the fact of the matter is; that's his opinion and thats great. but Killzone is still a great game on the ps3... in my opinion ;-)

dogbox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#65  Edited By dogbox

I would say no, not just for Killzone 2. It's a good game but it's not a huge revolution or anything like that. I agree with LordAndrew and others; there are lots of reasons to check out PS3, including Killzone 2.

StLucifer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By StLucifer

NO. But get a ps3 anyway and buy mgs4, uncharted and maybe resistance 2? have fun

Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#67  Edited By Jeust
    chiefmegadeth said:
    No way!not worth buying for this game...I got my brother to buy ps3 for killzone 2,lucky for him he liked ... [more]

I couldn't agree more.

It's by no means a amazing game.

DECA555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By DECA555
    LordAndrew said:
    Don't get a PlayStation 3 just for Killzone 2. Get it for Killzone 2 and the plethora of other great ... [more]
                This 
    lord_canti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#69  Edited By lord_canti

No one game is worth getting any console for. There are loads of good games for a ps3  but if there not for you then i wouldent recommend it.

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

#70  Edited By LordAndrew
    DECA555 said:
    This
    This is why I should turn off PM notifications for replies...
    Ross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 11

#71  Edited By Ross

I also agree with the consensus.  Resistance 2 is highly recommended as well.  The campaign is meh but the competetive (and more so the cooperative) multiplayer is fantastic.  I actually enjoy R2's MP more than Killzone 2's.

trophyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#72  Edited By trophyhunter

well not for just killzone 2 but for killzone 2 infamous mgs4 cross edge and Valkyrie chronicles yes

Pibo47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By Pibo47

I would get a PS3. Just not for 1 game. And my problem with the PS3 is, is the lack of games. I still dont love uncharted, i think its a massively overrated game. Killzone is great, Noby Noby is stupid awesomeness, infamous looks good, and the greatness that is MGS4 is woth the cash. But there isnt anything else. Oh yeah...FAT PRINCESS!!! Now that is a game i want!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.