Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Killzone 2

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Feb 27, 2009

Take the fight to the Helghast in this first person shooter from Guerrilla Games.

killzone 2 dodgy copy?

gazcrawfo8692

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By gazcrawfo8692

hi gamers was just wondering if anyone else is having trouble with slow responsiveness, laggy controls and sluggish movements with their copy of killzone 2 or is it just mine. It just feels like a chore to play, everything else is A+, graphics, sound, level design and atmosphere. Does any else think i should return it to the store and ask for another copy? Thanks guys

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By Justin258

This is pretty funny.

Killzone 2 tried to emulate the weight of carrying around a heavy weapon by making it feel a little more sluggish than most FPS games. I wound up beating Killzone 2 and enjoyed my time with it but the first two hours or so feel weird. I've never quite been able to place my finger on it but the oddities with the controls are just something you'll have to get used to.

The third game feels a lot more natural, but I actually didn't care much for it.

audiosnow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By audiosnow

That's just the Killzone series. The animation priority is immense.

I haven't played much of 2 or 3 because of my character's lackadaisical movement.

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 10

#4  Edited By GunstarRed

I really liked the movement, didn't they patch it to give you a more "normal" option? I really liked the weighty feeling although I do prefer how 3 plays.

bed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 24

#5  Edited By bed

they actually patched in some option in the controls menu (or something) where you can turn on something called like, high precision aiming or whatever and it makes the controls a lot more tight and responsive.

duder123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By duder123

Killzone 2 has tons of input lag. There is nothing wrong with your copy of the game. I think you should try to stick with it, after a while you stop paying attention to it, even though it can take a while. IMO killzone 2 is the best shooter on the PS3, the mp is really good, kind of reminds me of battlefield 2 in some ways.

The developers made a patch which added "precision aiming" which adds nothing more than a smaller deadzone. I think it's enabled by default. I also highly doubt the input lag was an intentional design decision. It was probably a problem with how the game is rendered, after all Killzone is one of best looking games this console generation (kz2 looks a lot better than kz3) and maybe they took some shortcuts and did some ugly hacks to make that possible.

gazcrawfo8692

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By gazcrawfo8692

I cant complain about anything other than the sluggish/responsiveness, the graphics are out of this world and the atmosphere is immense, the controls just seem to make the game harder than it shud be. Are you saying my game is fine an thats the way its supposed to be? what are any tips for making me more accurate, i suck up close, cant seem to hit anything and then when i look down the sights an line my shot up the enemy seems to scurry off an i have to line up over an over. Oh and the last mission literally took me a week to complete, on normal lol thanks for the reponses guys

duder123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By duder123

You shouldn't use ADS in this game unless you're shooting at targets far far away. Instead burst fire from the hip, 2 or 3 shots at a time. Crouching helps.

This makes lining up targets a lot easier. Also as usual play around with the sensitivity settings a bit. The deadzone is quite small if you have precision aiming set to on, remember this and use it to your benefit.

gazcrawfo8692

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By gazcrawfo8692

Im not on psn so i cant download the patch which is a bummer, i cant seem to get used to it lol

duder123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By duder123

@gazcrawfo8692: But you're connected to the internet right now? lol

gazcrawfo8692

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By gazcrawfo8692

im on a dongle lol

duder123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By duder123

If you're on a laptop you can probably share the connection to your ps3, ad-hoc mode

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.