Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Killzone 2

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Feb 27, 2009

Take the fight to the Helghast in this first person shooter from Guerrilla Games.

My Resistance on the game's Boredom: 3 minutes

Aurelito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Aurelito

Hail on everyone, this game sucks, end of story, why?

1- Typical Gameplay, Find a barricade, Crouch, Aim gun's sight, fire- enjoy the blood flashing from of enemy soldiers. What's the point?
    2- Non-Innovative Atmosphere: Same environment that most of games in today have- A ruined city, an abandoned county warehouse- why is it so exciting?
    3- WHY should a team follow you all the time?

Avatar image for deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30
    deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

I see you have the same absolutism as your avatar.
    It's a shame you didn't give it more time, I for one enjoy it quite alot.

atejas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By atejas
    Aurelito said:
    "Hail on everyone, this game sucks, end of story, why?

1- Typical Gameplay, Find a barricade, Crouch, Aim gun's sight, fire- enjoy the blood flashing from of enemy soldiers. What's the point?
    You just summed up most of the FPS genre.
    Aurelito said:
    2- Non-Innovative Atmosphere: Same environment that most of games in today have- A ruined city, an abandoned county warehouse- why is it so exciting?

Agreed. The atmosphere and environments look awful.
    Aurelito said:
    Because it's a design choice? A bit like the squad from Republic Commando, that game would have sucked without your squad.

ZeroCast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By ZeroCast

Why are you 15?

LiveOrDie1212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By LiveOrDie1212
    ZeroCast said:
    "Why are you 15?
    "

more relevant question, why is he trolling?
    iamcool388

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By iamcool388
    Aurelito said:

"
    1. Possibly the only question of some merit. Answer = Because its an FPS. Thats how they are made. Its what they do. If you want something else, this isnt the game for you, something else came out... Its called Little Big Planet. Wait... thats typical too. You run and jump. WTF. Gaming is doomed. Oh wait... I know what you want... go play Noby Noby Boy.

2. You couldnt be more wrong. Would require too much effort to educate you.  Go read some reviews.

3. Great question... because Guerrilla Games said that even though the setting was in Helghan in the future, they still wanted to make it a realistic, immersive experience, and we all know that in the military there are no groups and you're not supposed to fight in teams, you just roam around without taking cover, aiming your guns sights and firing.
    Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#7  Edited By Snail

For me it is like an improved version of Halo 3.

Halo 3 sucks, this one sucks less which means it is actually pretty good.

Oriental_Jams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Oriental_Jams
    Aurelito said:

"
    1-If in ain't broke...refine, refine, refine
    2-Apparently the demo isn't the only environment that exists, I don't know yet, but hopefully will tomorrow
    3-Why would a planet send one guy to do a job?

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By HandsomeDead

Why does everything have to be new and 'innovative' these days. The problem isn't that you've seen the environments before, it's that they haven't been done well by the developers.

crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By crunchUK
    atejas said:
    "Aurelito said:

You just summed up most of the FPS genre.
    Aurelito said:

Agreed. The atmosphere and environments look awful.
    Aurelito said:
    Because it's a design choice? A bit like the squad from Republic Commando, that game would have sucked without your squad.

"
    pwned
    Shadow2K6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

#11  Edited By Shadow2K6

1.  Yeah afterall the game should be 99.9% platforming rofl

2.  Yeah your totally right.  The game should take place in suburbia lol.

3.  Yeah after all everyone in the military goes One man Army on the enemy, and runs and the enemy like Rambo. 

Seriously though.  Your complaints are stupid.  Mostly every reviewer has praised this game.  Also about not being innovative.  I think its a good thing its not innovative.  I rather have a game that tries and perfects the genre then a game that tries a gimmick. 

LiveOrDie1212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By LiveOrDie1212
    Shadow2K6 said:
    "1.  Yeah afterall the game should be 99.9% platforming rofl

3.  Yeah after all everyone in the military goes One man Army on the enemy, and runs and the enemy like Rambo. 

Seriously though.  Your complaints are stupid.  Mostly every reviewer has praised this game.  Also about not being innovative.  I think its a good thing its not innovative.  I rather have a game that tries and perfects the genre then a game that tries a gimmick. 

"

pwned
    Aurelito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Aurelito

Well I'll play it more in the next few days until I really get disappointed from an overhyped game, (I'm playing the full version- not demo).

then I will check here for an update. I'm not a freaking fanboy nerd I'm just totally disappointed from industry- Like everyone else does these days.

Shadow2K6 said:

"
    It's not even prefect- It's just a little bit-very little bit better than F.E.A.R.: Project Origin- most horrible sequel of this generation. (I mentioned Fear 2 because they're almost released at a same time despite being thematically similar)

crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By crunchUK
    Snail said:
    "For me it is like an improved version of Halo 3.

Halo 3 sucks, this one sucks less which means it is actually pretty good.
    "
    retarded post of the day confirmed
    Avatar image for sathingtonwaltz
    SathingtonWaltz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By SathingtonWaltz
    Aurelito said:
    "Well I'll play it more in the next few days until I really get disappointed from an overhyped game, (I'm playing the full version- not demo).

then I will check here for an update. I'm not a freaking fanboy nerd I'm just totally disappointed from industry- Like everyone else does these days.

Shadow2K6 said:

"
    It's not even prefect- It's just a little bit-very little bit better than F.E.A.R.: Project Origin- most horrible sequel of this generation. (I mentioned Fear 2 because they're almost released at a same time despite being thematically similar)

"
    Christ man, what the hell ARE your standards?!
    OmegaPirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#16  Edited By OmegaPirate

This thread gives me hope that one day we will find a user almost as retarded as levios - that day is coming my friends

get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By get2sammyb

I haven't played the game so I can't comment but I feel like it's your own fault if you allowed yourself to set standards for a video game that it could never meet. I'm excited, and have initiated a lot of excitement for Killzone 2, but, at the end of the day I'm looking forward to a polished, great looking video game. Having played the demo, I think it will be that, I can't confirm it is until I've played the whole thing, but I have every confidence in the majority of the press and other members on here and around the Net who are enjoying the final version.

To say you played it for 3 minutes and were bored with it is kinda dumb -- you should probably nitpick after you've finished the game, particularly on things like environments. You never know what the game will throw at you later on.

Oh - and innovation is lovely from time to time but not always. Sometimes it's nice to see old concepts being improved (*cough* Dead Space, *cough* Super Mario Galaxy, etc). While I understand the FPS genre is very crowded, and many, like myself, are totally burned out on it -- I for one am excited about yet another FPS, because, well by all accounts this is a very good one.

Aurelito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Aurelito
    SathingtonWaltz said:
    "Aurelito said:
    "Well I'll play it more in the next few days until I really get disappointed from an overhyped game, (I'm playing the full version- not demo).

Shadow2K6 said:

"

"
    "
    For FPS genre- a game like Half-Life. with a non complex and totally reduced story- Without  guys and chicks speaking over the radio or tailing on your ass- Innovative weapons, bright environment- what else should I say? Or at leas- if it's going to be a  team work game It should be like the original Call of Duty. if you've got my point, you won't disturb me for hating this game. I neither trolling or saying something irrational. It's a typical mediocre game. PS3 fanboys gonna like you're a kid or a fanboy when the game wasn't still out- now it's out. now what? I'm an ignorant kid or just a dumb bastard trying to show himself off?
    Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#19  Edited By Snail
    crunchUK said:
    "Snail said:
    "For me it is like an improved version of Halo 3.

Halo 3 sucks, this one sucks less which means it is actually pretty good."
    retarded post of the day confirmed"
    Some people will never learn...
    get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By get2sammyb
    Aurelito said:
    " For FPS genre- a game like Half-Life. with a non complex and totally reduced story- Without  guys and chicks speaking over the radio or tailing on your ass- Innovative weapons, bright environment- what else should I say? Or at leas- if it's going to be a  team work game It should be like the original Call of Duty. if you've got my point, you won't disturb me for hating this game. I neither trolling or saying something irrational. It's a typical mediocre game. PS3 fanboys gonna like you're a kid or a fanboy when the game wasn't still out- now it's out. now what? I'm an ignorant kid or just a dumb bastard trying to show himself off?
    "
    It's not that anyone is a fanboy, nor that you're not allowed an opinion -- it's just that you seem to have come up with some irrational complaints based on standards you wish the game to be. You can make Half-Life and Call Of Duty comparisons all you like but... this is Killzone and this is what Killzone was designed to be. If you don't like it that's fair enough but, kinda, don't say it's not innovative and then wish it was like another game you've played.

From my reading it comes across a bit hypocritical.

Maybe expand on your original post about what you don't like -- instead of nitpicking on very early impressions. That might change (for the better or worse) later on.
    iamcool388

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By iamcool388

To satisfy you, if an FPS has to be like Half Life, and thats when you will play it, prepare to have loads of free time. Those games come once every 5-10 years... and even thats iffy. Killzone 2 never aspired to be revolutionize the genre... it did attempt to define it. IMO its been quite successful in achieving the goals it set out to accomplish.

Its sad that you dont like it enough to make a thread about it with the most nonsensical complaints. If you had fleshed out your reasoning in the first post, you would possibly have gotten some more serious responses.
    Avatar image for sathingtonwaltz
    SathingtonWaltz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By SathingtonWaltz
    Aurelito said:
    "SathingtonWaltz said:
    "Aurelito said:

Shadow2K6 said:

"

"
    "
    For FPS genre- a game like Half-Life. with a non complex and totally reduced story- Without  guys and chicks speaking over the radio or tailing on your ass- Innovative weapons, bright environment- what else should I say? Or at leas- if it's going to be a  team work game It should be like the original Call of Duty. if you've got my point, you won't disturb me for hating this game. I neither trolling or saying something irrational. It's a typical mediocre game. PS3 fanboys gonna like you're a kid or a fanboy when the game wasn't still out- now it's out. now what? I'm an ignorant kid or just a dumb bastard trying to show himself off?
    "
    Then play Half-Life and stop complaining about KIllzone 2. It's cool if your not feeling the game, but your not really making any room for debate here, you basically just said "this game sucks, this is why it sucks. believe me". 
    Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
    deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

OmegaPirate said:
    "This thread gives me hope that one day we will find a user almost as retarded as levios - that day is coming my friends"
    Don`t say it! it will never come, no one can replace the infamous levio, no matter how much mount and blade they play or how talented they think solja boy is.
    Pibo47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#24  Edited By Pibo47

I kinda agree with # 2. And i also kinda agree with #3. Its really more of a i see both sides thing. I have been very surprised by this game...and dissopointed by R2...so i am looking forward to this game.

GioVANNI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By GioVANNI

No, it doesn't do anything innovative, but it does something good.

Avatar image for deactivated-5884be30433ec
    deactivated-5884be30433ec

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hate when everyone says "it doesnt do anything new"...
    Strip most new games down and you will see it doesnt do anything new. Especially FPS'. Just because you dont like the FPS gameplay doesnt mean that others dont. I like the objective based stuff.
    My only wish on KZ2 is that i hoped there was more cutscenes in between levels.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.