Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Killzone 2

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Feb 27, 2009

Take the fight to the Helghast in this first person shooter from Guerrilla Games.

Question about turrets...

bekern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By bekern

I've been trying to get the second level of engineer and I'm starting to get really annoyed. Can someone explain the spawnable turrets to me, like along the lines of how I get more of them and how many I can have out at a time? Because it seems random to me when I can spawn them and when I can't. I'm not talking about when it's reloading or when there isn't enough space to spawn them, I mean when the blocks under the turret symbol are just empty (I'm assuming those little white blocks represent how many you have?). Sometimes it will even tell me I have them, and then they just disappear. Sorry if this is already painfully obvious to everyone else but I'm confused.

PowerSerj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By PowerSerj

I think it depends on the number of turrets your team currently has deployed, or the amount of time it's been since the last one was deployed... ? I know that's how it is for the air turret.

BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By BiggerBomb

I don't understand what randomly cursing has to do with Killzone 2. Unless, of course, you are speaking of a knee-jerk reaction to curse when not understanding how you set up those gun things.

Avatar image for theworstplayerever
    TheWorstPlayerEver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

Those blocks indicate how many turrents your team has available (not just you). Each team is allowed only 4 turrets so if all 4 are used up, you have to wait till one of them gets destroyed to deploy one. Also after you deploy a turret, you have to wait for a certain amount of time before you can deploy another, unless you die. Hope that helps

bekern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By bekern
    PowerSerj said:
    "I think it depends on the number of turrets your team currently has deployed, or the amount of time it's been since the last one was deployed... ? I know that's how it is for the air turret. "
    Hmm I don't think it's the amount of time between them because that would be inditcated by the little loading bar right? The amount per team makes sense but I really hope that's not true, setting up a turret in a spot that will get a lot of kills and that won't get destroyed easily is hard enough without having to compete with the other engineer's.

BiggerBomb said:
    "

I don't understand what randomly cursing has to do with Killzone 2. Unless, of course, you are speaking of a knee-jerk reaction to curse when not understanding how you set up those gun things.

"
    Ah, I think you mean Tourettes :P.

EDIT: Thanks TheWorstPlayer! Ugh that sucks but I'm glad I understand it now. I wonder if I should just start to destroy other players turrets so I can put down more of mine..... I'm just kidding of course hah. But damn I've only been able to get that ribbon two times so far, maybe I'll work on another class for now.
    PowerSerj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By PowerSerj
    bekern said:
    "PowerSerj said:
    "I think it depends on the number of turrets your team currently has deployed, or the amount of time it's been since the last one was deployed... ? I know that's how it is for the air turret. "
    Hmm I don't think it's the amount of time between them because that would be inditcated by the little loading bar right? The amount per team makes sense but I really hope that's not true, setting up a turret in a spot that will get a lot of kills and that won't get destroyed easily is hard enough without having to compete with the other engineer's.

No, by time I meant the amount of time since the last slot for a turret on your team was filled up, otherwise, like you said, that could lead to a lot of frustration.
    LiveOrDie1212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By LiveOrDie1212

this is a bit off topic, but i have unlocked the engineer class but haven't use it because i notice you can only carry a shotgun. can you carry any other gun as you progress as an engineer or is the shotgun the only gun you can use??

Avatar image for theworstplayerever
    TheWorstPlayerEver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

LiveOrDie1212 said:
    "

this is a bit off topic, but i have unlocked the engineer class but haven't use it because i notice you can only carry a shotgun. can you carry any other gun as you progress as an engineer or is the shotgun the only gun you can use??

"
    only shotgun. The basic soldier is the only class that has free pick of all the weapons
    bekern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By bekern
    PowerSerj said:
    "bekern said:
    "PowerSerj said:

No, by time I meant the amount of time since the last slot for a turret on your team was filled up, otherwise, like you said, that could lead to a lot of frustration."
    Oh ok sorry for the confusion then. I really hope that isn't also the case, those damn other engineers are already holding me back haha.

LiveOrDie1212 said:
    "

"
    I'm obviously not the expert, but I would assume no since there are no slots indicating you can unlock more, like on the default class. Big possibility I'm wrong though.
    Jambi86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Jambi86

Your team can only have 4 down at one time. everyone shares the same 4 slots. If you want to make sure their all your turrets you can blow up your own teams turrets for no penalty. people might see you and get mad but chances are they wont see you. It may not be the fairest way but it'll get it done fast.

CenturionCajun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#11  Edited By CenturionCajun

It'll also get you black balled real fast. Don't be a douche and go around handicapping your own team just to get a ribbon. Figure out the prime place for a turret in a level and hang out. Keep an eye on your turret button and wait till one become available. Then slap it down. I might take awhile but eventually you can get two or three and begin tearing things up.

deerpoob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By deerpoob
    LiveOrDie1212 said:
    "

"

to elaborate on what theworstplayerever said, you can only spawn with the shotgun, but like all other classes you can pick up any other gun.
    Avatar image for jollywhitegiant
    jollywhitegiant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By jollywhitegiant

Is there an easy way to kill a turret if you placed it in one location, say for a Search and Destroy defense, and then want to place another one elsewhere? I shot my own turret once but I was standing too close and killed myself. Whoops...

hazzee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By hazzee
    ive recently acheieved rank of general, which is sick btw, and im goin back to get the ribbons for the second ability, ive done mdeic, but im tryna unlock the fixing thing for the engineer. i kno yoyu have to get 5kills via turrets in a game, but the turrets are so lame and powerless, and they get destroyed so easy...

is there an easy way to get kills, or an easy map, so i can get these ribbons and eventually the medal??

i thought about strating a small game with frinds, but not enough peoplei k now have it:( i kno its kinda cheatin but it aint much different to doing cage matches on cod4...

please help guys:)
    BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By BiggerBomb
    bekern said:
    "BiggerBomb said:
    "

"
    Ah, I think you mean Tourettes :P"

ololol

ino rite?!
    _Phara0h_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#16  Edited By _Phara0h_

Well I got the turret ribbon and it was not so hard getting it. Just make shore you join long warzone game, and place the turret in a place it's hard to get a grenade to and in a place where your enemy's are running strait to the turret, like a hall way. Good luck with getting it.

Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#17  Edited By Snail

^why is Giant Bomb being invaded by lame usernames filled with random numbers?

Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
    KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#18  Edited By KaosAngel

There was a clan game set up where we helped each other get the Turret medal.  It was fun, you should join us so we can do it ASAP!  :D 

If I remember correctly, it's how a lot of us got the revolver as well.  We made a pistol's only game and won it.

_Phara0h_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#19  Edited By _Phara0h_
    Snail said:
    "^why is Giant Bomb being invaded by lame usernames filled with random numbers?"
    Well snail was taken so it was my second choice.
    Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
    KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#20  Edited By KaosAngel
    THAfara0 said:
    "Snail said:
    "^why is Giant Bomb being invaded by lame usernames filled with random numbers?"
    Well snail was taken so it was my second choice."
    Hah.  Touche.  ;)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.