Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Killzone 2

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Feb 27, 2009

Take the fight to the Helghast in this first person shooter from Guerrilla Games.

So how do you think Killzone 2 will turn out?

• 87 results
    Avatar image for deactivated-5e0e0ee2ea170
    deactivated-5e0e0ee2ea170

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

User Lists: 0

I personally think it'll be one of them games that everyone is like "OMG BEST GAME EVAR!" just because of it's graphics even though Crysis has way better graphics and that was released in 2007. Everyone seems to be like "OMG Graphics make a game!" though really all they've done is used too much blurr it covers the shit textures and we saw with Crysis that they really don't lol. When you're playing the game with the fucking PS3 controller though you'll spend more time with the camera right up close into the walls because FPS games on that fucking thing feels like it has the turning circle of a Lorry. So in screenshots it'll be look all perfect and nice and playing the game all you're seeing is how badly smudged and flat that texture is on the wall.

I just can't wait to see the PC crowd making Killzone 2 mods on the Cry engine 2 going "I fucking told you the game looks miles better on the PC" and them all saying "First Halo and now Killzone 2....... hasn't anyone heard of Half-Life or some random mod noone gives a shit about that did all these features 20 years ago" lol. Which tbh I agree with but it is funny like seeing geek wars over the net. Then It'll be like... "The fucking game I had nothing to do with is getting ignored while Killzone 2 is getting lal the attension! I'm gonna write a 20 page thread on why this game is better" lol... then it gets ignored and slowly drops to the bottom of the forums and onto page 2 to be forgotten about.

I'm now the owner of a PS3 because my friend was selling it cheap so he could buy weed and I'm loving Socom on it but thats about it, so don't get me wrong I really want some good games to finally come out for it that interest me as I don't fancy watching the movie that is Metal Gear solid. I kinda feel like if I wanted a shit cheesy story I'd just start listening to my g/f.

Anyways I hope it's good because noone wants a game to be shit unless they're a fanboi and it ain't on their console, you know secretly though they're trying to get their mum to buy it for them. I just see it and think We've been here lots of times before and it usually turns out bad, specially with all the hype that surrounds it and all the gameplay just looks like it came from the PS2 to me. Oh great more exploding barrels setup at set pieces that you have to use to kill the enemy...... how revolutionary. Also Oh I have to run from point at to point b to press a switch which then opens up the new area but I have to mount that turret because an unpredictable wave of generic enemy are rushing!

As much as I kid though It'll be sad to see it come true.

Bulldog19892

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Bulldog19892

I don't think it'll meet expectations. That said, I think it could be a pretty good game, maybe even a great one, but people think it's going to be the second coming of jesus. SPOILER: It won't be.

breadfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

#3  Edited By breadfan

I don't see where any of the hype is coming from.  I will admit that it looks like a good game, but the first Killzone was pretty mediocre at best.

10MP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By 10MP

it will probly be a good game but most of the praise it gets is because of the graphics.

zitosilva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By zitosilva

I'm not sure if it'll meet the sales quota that sony expects it to, but only due to poor marketing. As far as the game itself, I have little doubt it'll be great. Everyone who has played any part of it has only good things to say about it.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By LiquidPrince

It will be fairly received, and graphics will be hailed.

Dark_Shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Dark_Shadow

It's just another shooter. Not saying it is bad, but it's another one. - Though, I think it'll turn out well... I just read good things about that game.

ThomasP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By ThomasP

It will get nominated for best graphics '09. It will get nominated for best shooter '09. Five star.

SpinCookie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By SpinCookie

It got 5 stars, along with Street Fighter 4 in the official Playstation Magazine.  I can't wait for both.

Woffls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By Woffls

I think it will be one of those games that you can't point out flaws in, but just don't enjoy playing because you're so damn bored of shooting stuff.

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By pause422

I really don't have much of an opinion on it yet at all. I've seen some gameplay that looks like it could be some fun, but "some fun" doesn't mean anything amazing or great, and until I hold the controller in my hand and really play it(the controls are what I need to see the most) and see how it feels, will be the main thing I judge it by.

UltramanJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By UltramanJ

I think it looks very nice, and is going to turn out a lot better than many are expecting. I do wonder how the sales are going to be considering it's sandwiched between SF4 and RE5?

Systech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Systech
    ThomasP said:
    "It will get nominated for best graphics '09. It will get nominated for best shooter '09. Five star."
    This.
    TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By TwoOneFive
    systech said:
    "ThomasP said:
    "It will get nominated for best graphics '09. It will get nominated for best shooter '09. Five star."
    This."
    That.
    LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By LiquidPrince

I just hope the story is good.

Optiow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#16  Edited By Optiow

No, In think this gaem will be great because I loved the first game.
    I do'n't care about the grapics I just want a sequel.

chililili

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#17  Edited By chililili

Just listened to the PS Nation podcast and the guys there really enjoyed it, apparently review copies have been sent around (these are not the FINAL RETAIL copies) but its the entire game except for some final loading times/speed tweaks. So I think it will live up to the expectations as A GAME, but I am not entirely sure how it will do on sales, I think it will at least be respectable numbers.

starfox444

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By starfox444

From what I've seen the gameplay looks solid and the graphics look quite nice. I just hope this carries on to the full retail version of a game. Hopefully it has a good co op mode going for it, thats what i continue to play cod:waw after finishing the single player. So it will be great at an unoriginal concept.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

shadows_kill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By shadows_kill

i think it will turn out very good for online and single player. my guess is 4 or 5 stars along with good reviews on other sites.

azteris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By azteris
    PapaLazarou said:
    "

I hated COD W@W lol and I'm not a greta fan of the COD series cus it feels like a interactive movie rather than a game where you're constantly shoved forward at the dveelopers pace and not your own.

"
    So any type of linear story progression is a interactive movie now?
    psmgamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#22  Edited By psmgamer

Reading the review in OPM looks like its a contender for GOTY in 2009 according to  the person who reviewed it. It looks better than the first game and hope it sells well next month and lives up to the hype and doesn't disappoint.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeh I'll wait for other non biased mags because if I remember they gave the first one good scores too lol.

shadows_kill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By shadows_kill
    PapaLazarou said:
    "Yeh I'll wait for other non biased mags because if I remember they gave the first one good scores too lol."
    the first one really wasnt that bad and i hear good things about the killzone on the psp.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The first one was terrible it was like erm..... HL2 just got released, get with the times.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
    deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

I think it will be a great game but one problem here is, the crazy hype with create tons of fanboys and will create people who hate the game because of hype so there will be very few people inbetween so it`s going to either be "This game sucks" or "This game fucking owns"

azteris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By azteris
    PapaLazarou said:
    "The first one was terrible it was like erm..... HL2 just got released, get with the times."
    Wait so you hate Call of Duty for it's linear story progression and very tightly controlled narrative, but like Half-Life 2?

Are you a troll?
    shambles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By shambles

well considering the single player experience is only gonna be a 9-10 hour story....its gonna all come down to multiplayer.... thats wuts gonna carry this game beyond just being a good looking game...

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#29  Edited By jakob187

Said it before, and I'll say it again:

People are going to love it like a newborn when it first comes out, but then you'll see everyone hate the fuck out of it because they see all the problems soon after.

Basically, the same thing that happened to the first game...and Fable...and is now happening to Fable II...and Far Cry 2...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Azteris said:
    "PapaLazarou said:
    "The first one was terrible it was like erm..... HL2 just got released, get with the times."
    Wait so you hate Call of Duty for it's linear story progression and very tightly controlled narrative, but like Half-Life 2?

Are you a troll?"

Wtf I'm a troll for having an opinion now? I love you people who are like "he's saying bad things about a game so he is a troll!"......

COD4 forces you at the developers pace I said where as HL2 lets you go at your own pace. Games Like HL2 do a good job with not making it feel so linear where as COD makes everything feel like its on rails.
    freezerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By freezerr

HL2 feels very linear to me.

ed - As to Killzone 2, it's no Halo-killer, but it still looks pretty good, and I wish it was coming out for the Xbox 360 as well, so I could play it.

Lieutenant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Lieutenant

It will be play amazingly well, will set a new standard for graphics on consoles, but will ultimately flop at retail....well... I take that back. It'll do 1-2 million world wide within 2 months of launch, but NO WHERE near the 1.5million Gears 2 did in its first weekend.

Gizmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Gizmo

Damn, wish I had a weed addicted friend who was selling his PS3.

drakesfortune

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By drakesfortune

I think people who like to hate on things that other people like, will hate on it, and people who are into great video games will probably love.  Also die hard 360 fanboys are going to loathe this game and dismiss it at every possible turn.  Not to say that all of the haters will be that personality type, but I think a LOT of the haters will simply be the type that like to shit on everyone's parade to show how awesome they are.  Case in point, GTA4 and the internet mob of contrarians that show off their epeen by dissing GTA4 as the "werst game EVARRR!"

I can understand people thinking it's not the best game in the world, but having heard what I've heard, seen what I've seen, I find it hard to believe any fans of the FPS genre would hate on this game.  It looks like it does everything well, and graphically it's extremely impressive and pulls you in. 

Gizmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Gizmo
    drakesfortune said:
    "I think people who like to hate on things that other people like, will hate on it, and people who are into great video games will probably love.  Also die hard 360 fanboys are going to loathe this game and dismiss it at every possible turn.  Not to say that all of the haters will be that personality type, but I think a LOT of the haters will simply be the type that like to shit on everyone's parade to show how awesome they are.  Case in point, GTA4 and the internet mob of contrarians that show off their epeen by dissing GTA4 as the "werst game EVARRR!"

I can understand people thinking it's not the best game in the world, but having heard what I've heard, seen what I've seen, I find it hard to believe any fans of the FPS genre would hate on this game.  It looks like it does everything well, and graphically it's extremely impressive and pulls you in. "
    That's what they said about Killzone 1, and that game wasn't too hot.
    drakesfortune

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By drakesfortune
    PapaLazarou said:
    Wtf I'm a troll for having an opinion now? I love you people who are like "he's saying bad things about a game so he is a troll!"......

COD4 forces you at the developers pace I said where as HL2 lets you go at your own pace. Games Like HL2 do a good job with not making it feel so linear where as COD makes everything feel like its on rails."

Look, I'm a huge HL2 fan, but to say it's not on rails and let's you go at your own pace is crazy to me.  That game is so on the rails, and so linear, that at no point do you ever feel like you have a choice where you're going to go.  I mean, the game is literally, you are at point A, you get instructions and you "must get to point B" or certain doom is to come, and there is literally only one path from point A to point B.  Sure, they have you backtracking from time to time, but it's as on the rails as they come.  That's NOT a bad thing.  Half Life 2 is incredibly awesome and memorable, and I prefer a game not have me guessing where I need to go next, unless the search is fun (which is rare).  HL2 is the epitome of a linearity, but it's also the epitome of linearity done very well.  I hope KZ2 does as good a job of it as HL2.
    drakesfortune

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By drakesfortune
    Gizmo said:
    That's what they said about Killzone 1, and that game wasn't too hot."
    Again though, KZ1 suffered from huge technical flaws because the developers were over ambitious and the game was forced out too soon.  We already know that the huge flaws that plagued KZ1 are NOT present in KZ2.  I haven't heard a single preview or review talk about technical flaws.  Nearly all comment on how smooth the game runs and how gorgeous it is. 
    get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#38  Edited By get2sammyb

Nothing causes fanboy wars quite like Killzone 2. Even if Guerilla have made a bad game they've at least made a game that divides forums right down the middle at every turn.

There's so, so, so much double standard when it comes to Killzone 2. What other game could have forum-goers riled at a pre-order only demo? What other game could have people comparing to a CG target render for 4 years? What other game could spew question marks over the Dualshock? What other game could be judged entirely on it's prequels standard (and never it's excellent PSP spin off)? What other console game can even start a discussion as to whether it's better than Crysis? What other game could wear the badge of "generic" from every other Resistance 2, Halo, Gears Of War, Half-Life loving gamer? What other game is too dark and "too grey"? What other game will be judged by the things it does poorly and not the things it does well? What other game is labelled "just another shooter" as gamers palms sweat over news on Resident Evil 5, Halo OD...(?) and IW's new CoD? What other games AI get's compared against a released game when it's still in '07 E3 demo build state? What other game get's criticised for it's preview build's friendly AI being a little twitchy when comparable games got ignored?

Ask yourself what other game could have the entire gaming community bloated on humble pie as much as Killzone 2?

demonbear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#39  Edited By demonbear

I think its gonna be a great FPS game, 85%-90% avg on metacritics.

It will fail to deliver what it promised on that famous trailer a couple of years ago though.

damswedon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#41  Edited By damswedon

good maybe great but not awesome

crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By crunchUK

i must admit killzone 2 does look amazing (gasp i praised something ps3)

but it just looks so tremendously cod4-ish (ewww)

crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By crunchUK
    SuperMooseman said:
    "crunchUK said:
    "i must admit killzone 2 does look amazing (gasp i praised something ps3)

but it just looks so tremendously cod4-ish (ewww) "
    Allow me to translate this post for people who do not speak 'crunch':

I must admit I am a Halo fanboy. I always praise Halo. Halo looks tremendously like Halo, which is something I like.

*crunches captain crunch*"
    :O i knew you'd understand!!
    chililili

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#44  Edited By chililili
    SuperMooseman said:
    "crunchUK said:
    "i must admit killzone 2 does look amazing (gasp i praised something ps3)

but it just looks so tremendously cod4-ish (ewww) "
    Allow me to translate this post for people who do not speak 'crunch':

I must admit I am a Halo fanboy. I always praise Halo. Halo looks tremendously like Halo, which is something I like.

*crunches captain crunch*"
    Your post made my day, and I think ended this discussion. This thread is over nothing can top this post.
    44MAGNUMRAM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By 44MAGNUMRAM

Awesome !

Im a FPS junkie and it doesnt have to be innovative because its the most fun genre thier is in my opinion.
    innovative fps is farcry2 and we all know how that turned out.

i just want to create my own ballet of death !

NateDogg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By NateDogg

I have a weed addicted friend that wants a PS3. But he's to busy smoking all the time so he has to stick to his PS2.  

0CEL0T

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By 0CEL0T

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.