Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Killzone 2

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Feb 27, 2009

Take the fight to the Helghast in this first person shooter from Guerrilla Games.

Xplay review of Killzone 2

TomA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

#1  Edited By TomA

Hey all,i don't actually own a PS3 but as an avid fan of the first game,I am eargerly awaiting spending playing Killzone 2 untill the waking hours of the morning at my friends house.Anyways just wanted to let yall know that the folks over at X Play have released their full video review of Killzone 2,of which they have some pretty good things to say.It can be found here.

RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By RHCPfan24

5...out of 5. Nice.

SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By SmugDarkLoser

why do people care about the reviews?  Obviously, yes, Killzone 2 is a great game.  I thought we already realized this with the first real gameplay videos?
    still don't think it's going to have the staying power though

but did they just say the controls are baddish?  I hope not, that would suck, although I can see how it could be. Doubt it though, probably are fine

anyway, I'm pretty sure that this is going to fill my COD urge.  (cod isn't my main mp game though)
    My biggest complaint against the game was that it seemed generic.  It definately isn't now.  Has something unique about it.

TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By TwoOneFive

i hated Morgan's part. The Heavenly Sword action figures joke? fail. 

SmugDarkLoser said:
    "why do people care about the reviews?  Obviously, yes, Killzone 2 is a great game.  I thought we already realized this with the first real gameplay videos?
    still don't think it's going to have the staying power though

but did they just say the controls are baddish?  I hope not, that would suck, although I can see how it could be. Doubt it though, probably are fine

anyway, I'm pretty sure that this is going to fill my COD urge.  (cod isn't my main mp game though)"
    obviously you haven't played it, because the online has enough staying power to kick cod4's arse. And since we know co-op and new modes and new maps will all come post release, it will definitely keep players who reach full rank coming back for more too. 
    And uh....why do people care about the review?! for fuck sake man, this was the most hyped game this generation. people want to know if it lived up to the hype or not. 
    SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By SmugDarkLoser
    SaucySala

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By SaucySala

I'm all about pulling left triggers.

TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By TwoOneFive
    SmugDarkLoser said:
    "

^no, I haven't played it, lulz
    what I meant is that it will fill that spot

I have the H-spot and a C-spot.
    the H-spot is for the more unrealistic arcadey shooters and the C-spot is for the pulling L1/T and then shooting.
    I prefer the H, but the C needs love as well.

"
    lol. well be assured man the online is tight and if you get into a clan it will be an ongoing affair. 
    Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#8  Edited By Arkthemaniac

The class system in it should be terrific.

I wish I had a PS3 for this. This actually makes me want to trade my Xbox.
    tearhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 52

#9  Edited By tearhead

I'll definitely be picking this game up on day one.  It'll be a nice game to tie me over until CoD 6 comes out.

Optiow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By Optiow

I think it will be a good game.

SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By SmugDarkLoser
    TwoOneFive said:
    "SmugDarkLoser said:
    "

the H-spot is for the more unrealistic arcadey shooters and the C-spot is for the pulling L1/T and then shooting.

"
    lol. well be assured man the online is tight and if you get into a clan it will be an ongoing affair. "

clans suck.
    gaming with friends = win

use to be big into clans, but they're just a dumb idea really.
    clans probably just started out as the idea of gaming buddies.

Besides, this game doesn't look so made for competitive play, if it were they would have more predictability and less glitter (like smoke and dirt) filling up the screen.
    TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By TwoOneFive
    SmugDarkLoser said:
    "TwoOneFive said:
    "SmugDarkLoser said:
    "

"
    lol. well be assured man the online is tight and if you get into a clan it will be an ongoing affair. "

clans suck.
    gaming with friends = win

use to be big into clans, but they're just a dumb idea really.
    clans probably just started out as the idea of gaming buddies.

Besides, this game doesn't look so made for competitive play, if it were they would have more predictability and less glitter (like smoke and dirt) filling up the screen."
    ummmm....all the people in my clan are my friends, people i went to highschool with and just friends plus a couple of random dudes who i thought were good and invited to my clan (im talking about socom and cod4 here). you seem to be totally out of touch. do you not have any friends to play videogames with? i would never make a clan with random people i don't know.  
    and as far as you lame ass "this game doesn't look so made for competitive play", you gotta be fucking kidding me?!
    that remark is equivalent to this:

BawlZINmotion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#13  Edited By BawlZINmotion
    SmugDarkLoser said:
    "why do people care about the reviews?"
    Because in most cases it is the only method the consumers has in determining the quality of a product before release; and ultimately helps in the decision making process. I don't put a lot of stock in reviews, but I do take an average of scores for a game of interest to myself. I know I don't like gambling $60 everytime a new game I want is released. Do you?

People may also care about reviews because it validates the perceived greatness of something they've been waiting for. There are many people who have been looking forward to Killzone 2 for awhile and it adds an extra layer of excitement knowing the press is (thus far) onboard. Why do you care why people care?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.