Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Killzone 3

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Feb 22, 2011

Killzone 3 continues the story of the invasion of the planet Helghan by the oppressive forces of the merciless Interplanetary Strategic Alliance. The game also features an improved multiplayer progression system and refined classes.

Dear KZ3 Community: There are 7 other maps.

Spoonman671

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Spoonman671

Yo, this game Killzone 3 came out recently and I'm playing some sweet multiplayer.  It has this awesome mode called Warzone: Salamun Market which is pretty awesome!  But today I made a discovery!  Salamun Market isn't a game mode at all!  It's just one map!  There are seven others!  Maybe we can try those, too!

Seriously, people, play something other than Salamun Market.  I've rarely been able to get into a full game on any other map.

buft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By buft

that sucks

Venatio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By Venatio

Man this is one of the worst things about multiplayer games, when people fall in love with a map and play it constantly

Spoonman671

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Spoonman671
    @Venatio said:

" Man this is one of the wort things about multiplayer games, when people fall in love with a map and play it constantly "

Remember Radec Academy in Killzone 2?  It wasn't even that good a map.

Of course the reason Salamun Market is so popular in KZ3 is because it's part of the retro map pack and people know it from KZ2.

@drag said:
    " What kind of stuff do they sell at the Salamun market?  "

Pain!
    Yodasdarkside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By Yodasdarkside

I fucking LOVED Radec Academy!  It was unfairly weighted in the ISA's favour, but still a ton of fun.  I hope they add it for DLC fof KZ3 soon.

N7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By N7

You're just going to have to delete your game-data like most people until GG patches in a fix for the "infinite loop". I used to think nobody played this game because it wouldn't put me in anything other than a 3 person game of Salamun Market. But once you delete the DLC, you'll find whatever you're looking for.

I know, I know, you shouldn't have to delete your game data. None of us should, but from the looks of it, GG doesn't have a patch in the works for at least another few weeks(At least until the patch comes out next week), and this is the only fix for it.

Certainly sucks, because I'd love to play Salamun Market, but once it's installed, that's all I play.

Spoonman671

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Spoonman671
    @N7:  You know you can manually select other maps, right?  The only problems are that they're never all that populated, once you map-select maps don't cycle anymore, and selecting the "Any" map option always puts you in Salamun Market.
    N7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By N7
    @Spoonman671 said:
    " @N7:  You know you can manually select other maps, right?  The only problems are that they're never all that populated, once you map-select maps don't cycle anymore, and selecting the "Any" map option always puts you in Salamun Market. "
    Yeah, that's another thing. The matchmaking sucks in this game. It seems like when you manually select a map to play, it will put you in the least populated room(Or at least that's what it does for me). For instance, I'd set it to find a Frozen Dam game, and when I joined, there was like a 3 Vs. 4 going on. That's waaay to small for me, so I pulled out, set it to "any" and rolled the dice. Well, it put me into a full Frozen Dam game and I kept on trucking, because I've learned not to think too hard on what happens in Killzone anymore.

This was after I deleted the DLC btw. If I didn't, I'd just get Salamun Market over and over again.
    Afroman269

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#10  Edited By Afroman269

Hopefully enough people will complain that will get to fixing this shit. Despite the stupid problems that should have been avoided at first, I'm still enjoying the multiplayer quite a lot. Personally I just want them to add more fucking operations missions/maps.

Spoonman671

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Spoonman671
    @Afroman269 said:
    " Hopefully enough people will complain that will get to fixing this shit. Despite the stupid problems that should have been avoided at first, I'm still enjoying the multiplayer quite a lot. Personally I just want them to add more fucking operations missions/maps. "
    Yeah, I was surprised that the game only shipped with three maps for the operations mode.  It's a shame because the progressive objectives of that mode really help to organize the battlefield in a way that very few games are able to.
    ComradeKhan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#12  Edited By ComradeKhan
    @Spoonman671: Its because its a DLC map. You need to manually choose a different map and then you will be able to vote for any map you want in the playlist... but if you get into a match of Salamun Market then it will just keep playing that continually - its NOT because people are choosing that map - all the other maps have full matches too.
    SadPatrol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By SadPatrol

But it's the best map.........

Avatar image for the_official_japanese_teabag
    the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Spoonman671: 
    i got tired of Radec's Academy cause of all the people spamming with the rockets.  i guess thats why liked playing it a lot?
    Hilikus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#15  Edited By Hilikus

As there is but only de_dust 2, so too is there only Salamun Market. So sayeth our Lord.

Skald

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 7

#16  Edited By Skald

I don't have that problem at all. It's the infiltrators and explosive spammers that will get you.

Gabriel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Gabriel

Nuketown.

Spoonman671

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Spoonman671
    @ComradeKhan said:
    " @Spoonman671: Its because its a DLC map. You need to manually choose a different map and then you will be able to vote for any map you want in the playlist... but if you get into a match of Salamun Market then it will just keep playing that continually - its NOT because people are choosing that map - all the other maps have full matches too. "
    I don't think that's actually what's going on.  I doubt the game is selecting Salamun Market over other maps simply because it is DLC.  I think it is much more likely that players are purposefully choosing Salamun Market, and then being locked into it because it is DLC and has it's own playlist so as not to conflict with players that don't have it, thereby perpetuating the increasing number of lobbies for that particular map.

At least that's what makes sense to me.  I could, of course, be completely wrong.
    canucks23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By canucks23
    @Spoonman671:  I got this issue too. It's literally impossible for me to get into a warzone game that's not salamun market unless i join a friends game who doesn't have the map pack. Same with blood gratch for TDM. I think they actually might've just fucked up with the matchmaking somehow, cuz when i search for games on a specific map that's not that map i'm getting into like 3 people lobbies.
    N7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By N7
    @canucks23 said:
    " @Spoonman671:  I got this issue too. It's literally impossible for me to get into a warzone game that's not salamun market unless i join a friends game who doesn't have the map pack. Same with blood gratch for TDM. I think they actually might've just fucked up with the matchmaking somehow, cuz when i search for games on a specific map that's not that map i'm getting into like 3 people lobbies. "
    I'm telling you guys, just delete your Game Data Utility and you'll notice a huge difference. And if you don't, well, it takes about five minutes to redownload/install, so not a huge loss anyway. But you will notice a difference. I guarantee it.
    ComradeKhan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By ComradeKhan
    @Spoonman671 said:
    " @ComradeKhan said:
    " @Spoonman671: Its because its a DLC map. You need to manually choose a different map and then you will be able to vote for any map you want in the playlist... but if you get into a match of Salamun Market then it will just keep playing that continually - its NOT because people are choosing that map - all the other maps have full matches too. "
    I don't think that's actually what's going on.  I doubt the game is selecting Salamun Market over other maps simply because it is DLC.  I think it is much more likely that players are purposefully choosing Salamun Market, and then being locked into it because it is DLC and has it's own playlist so as not to conflict with players that don't have it, thereby perpetuating the increasing number of lobbies for that particular map.  At least that's what makes sense to me.  I could, of course, be completely wrong. "
    That's what I was trying to say... it has its own playlist... So just manually choose a different map and then it will lockout Salamun Market from the map rotation. 
    The same thing happens with "Blood Gracht". It has it own playlist... But all the other maps have full games too.
    Skald

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#22  Edited By Skald

Come to think of it, I've only played on Salamun Market once.

canucks23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By canucks23
    @N7 said:
    " @canucks23 said:
    " @Spoonman671:  I got this issue too. It's literally impossible for me to get into a warzone game that's not salamun market unless i join a friends game who doesn't have the map pack. Same with blood gratch for TDM. I think they actually might've just fucked up with the matchmaking somehow, cuz when i search for games on a specific map that's not that map i'm getting into like 3 people lobbies. "
    I'm telling you guys, just delete your Game Data Utility and you'll notice a huge difference. And if you don't, well, it takes about five minutes to redownload/install, so not a huge loss anyway. But you will notice a difference. I guarantee it. "
    That's because it deletes the maps...
    N7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By N7
    @canucks23 said:
    " @N7 said:
    " @canucks23 said:
    I'm telling you guys, just delete your Game Data Utility and you'll notice a huge difference. And if you don't, well, it takes about five minutes to redownload/install, so not a huge loss anyway. But you will notice a difference. I guarantee it. "
    That's because it deletes the maps... "
    Well, yeah. That's the point. If you don't want to play those maps, then you'll have to delete them because the game forces people into the DLC maps instead of other maps. Especially until GG patches it. Check out other forums, there are people with the same problems. By choosing a map to play in, you get put in games that are pretty much empty because the matchmaking in this game is pretty iffy.
    McQuinn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#25  Edited By McQuinn

Yeah Salamun Market isn't good enough to lose the option to rotate maps. I deleted that shit, but really I never should have needed to in the first place.

McNaastyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By McNaastyy

SEE you on Blood Crotch!!!

Chojin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Chojin
    @Spoonman671 said:

" @ComradeKhan said:

I don't think that's actually what's going on.  I doubt the game is selecting Salamun Market over other maps simply because it is DLC.  I think it is much more likely that players are purposefully choosing Salamun Market, and then being locked into it because it is DLC and has it's own playlist so as not to conflict with players that don't have it, thereby perpetuating the increasing number of lobbies for that particular map.  At least that's what makes sense to me.  I could, of course, be completely wrong. "

I usually play with a friend who doesn’t have the retro maps, and we always get into full games on all the different maps. But as soon as he leaves the squad I`m stuck with Salamun market and 4 other people. Over and over again, no matter how many times I try. If he comes back and rejoins the squad, we`re back to normal.

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#28  Edited By GunstarRed

Before I was able to get into Warzone matches I had to play a bunch of Guerilla Warfare and it was the same thing... that damn snowdrift level over and over and over and over, I just don't understand it, it's such an annoying map.
    Ramone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#29  Edited By Ramone

I don't understand why devs have map voting in games. Just pick one for us and we'll play it.

Enigma777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#30  Edited By Enigma777

It's a stupid bug. Doesn't only happen in Salamun Market though. Once I played Turbine whatever 3 times in a roll since it wouldn't let us vote on a new map...

ComradeKhan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By ComradeKhan
    @Chojin said:

" @Spoonman671 said:

" @ComradeKhan said:

I usually play with a friend who doesn’t have the retro maps, and we always get into full games on all the different maps. But as soon as he leaves the squad I`m stuck with Salamun market and 4 other people. Over and over again, no matter how many times I try. If he comes back and rejoins the squad, we`re back to normal.

"
    Same here, my brother doesn't have the maps and I play with him most of the time so we get into all of the maps on the rotation. Its kinda stupid how it works - putting Salamun Market and Blood Gracht in their own playlist.
    zidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 24

#32  Edited By zidd

Try telling the millions that play counter-strike that there are other maps than de_dust2 and cs_assault. This happens in every game which is probably why map counts in games are shrinking.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.