Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Killzone 3

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Feb 22, 2011

Killzone 3 continues the story of the invasion of the planet Helghan by the oppressive forces of the merciless Interplanetary Strategic Alliance. The game also features an improved multiplayer progression system and refined classes.

Do you guys think we will ever get to play as the helghast?

Pibo47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Pibo47

I know there have been a couple topics about the helghast truly being the good guys, but do you guys think that  Guerrilla will ever give us the chance to play as the helghast? I myself would really appreciate seeing the story threw their eyes. But i doubt that they will ever make this leap im the series. Opinions?

Rolyatkcinmai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By Rolyatkcinmai

I would like it, but who knows.

Stete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Stete

Admittetly from a narrative point of view that would be interesting, but from a gameplay perspective not so much because Helghast are designed to feel like a very formidable foe and I don't think that shooting generic ISA soldiers would have the same impact.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By CL60

I just dislike how they are portrayed as evil when they are really the good guys.

Pibo47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Pibo47
    @CL60 said:
    " I just dislike how they are portrayed as evil when they are really the good guys. "
    Yeah same here. The ISA is pretty fucked up, its a shame that the devs arent doing anything with the that. But maybe theyll come around.
    F_14_D_TOMCAT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By F_14_D_TOMCAT

Hopefully Guerrilla will one day give us a killzone with 2 fully fledged campaigns a Hellghast campaign and ISA campaign, that would be truly awesome, imagine playing an 8 hour ISA campaign in addition to another 8 hour Helghast campaign. 
    But 2 full campaigns is far fetched in these days of 3 hour FPS single player campaigns ala CoD-4 MW, CoD-6 MW2 etc. 

Maybe they can still give us the 2 campaigns included in the blu-ray disc and charge extra to download the multiplayer portion as a DLC for those with broadband connections who want online play, coz there are many people who do not play online for various reasons and an extra single player campaign makes more sense than an online MP mode that will not be used, like me for instance I do not play online coz I have no broad-band connection, currently I have more than 25 ps3 games and I have NEVER used their online MP mode even once.
    MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#7  Edited By MooseyMcMan
    @CL60 said:
    " I just dislike how they are portrayed as evil when they are really the good guys. "
    Are they really the good guys though? Weren't they the invaders in the first Killzone, or is my knowledge of the Killzone "lore" really lacking? 
    Hamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8  Edited By Hamz
    @Pibo47 said:
    " @CL60 said:
    Yeah same here. The ISA is pretty fucked up, its a shame that the devs arent doing anything with the that. But maybe theyll come around. "
    Agreed. 

As for playing as the Hellghast I highly doubt it'll happen, even though I wish it would. 
    F_14_D_TOMCAT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By F_14_D_TOMCAT
    @MooseyMcMan said:
    " @CL60 said:
    Are they really the good guys though? Weren't they the invaders in the first Killzone, or is my knowledge of the Killzone "lore" really lacking?  "

@MooseyMcMan:

In Killzone 1 the Helghast invaded Vekta, BUT a long time ago prior to the events of KZ1 the planet Vekta originally was colonised by the Helghast but the ISA defeated them and cosequently displaced the Helghast from Vekta and then ISA made Vekta an ISA colony. 

So this proves once and for all that ISA are the bad guys, the Helghast were just trying to get back their planet from the ISA's occupation. 

Saying helghast are evil is like saying that the native american indians were the bad guys when infact what the american indians were doing was fighting to get back their ancestral land from white/European settlers.
    CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By CL60
    @MooseyMcMan said:
    " @CL60 said:
    Are they really the good guys though? Weren't they the invaders in the first Killzone, or is my knowledge of the Killzone "lore" really lacking?  "
    They were trying to get back the planet they were forced off of. As Tomcat said, it's similar to the native americans. Except an entire planet.
    Gabriel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#11  Edited By Gabriel

Who dosen't want to be Space Nazis?

AuthenticM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#12  Edited By AuthenticM

You people saying the ISA are more fucked up than the Helghasts obviously haven't played the first one. They are neo-nazis. They think their race is superior to others in humankind. You cannot and should not root for them. The only way we'll ever play as the Helghasts is if the protagonists changes sides mid-way through the game. There is just no way the developers would put white supremacists in a positive spotlight. 

Actually, on second thought...

gunharp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By gunharp

@Pibo47 said: 

" I know there have been a couple topics about the helghast truly being the good guys, but do you guys think that  Guerrilla will ever give us the chance to play as the helghast? I myself would really appreciate seeing the story threw their eyes. But i doubt that they will ever make this leap im the series. Opinions? "

They are definitely the more popular faction to play in multiplayer I believe, so I don't see why not.  Like @Stete mentioned, the Helghan are different than the marines you play. So I would look forward to something more different than being given a Helghast lens in which to play through another triple A, FPS campaign. 

@CL60 said: 

I've always wanted to reply to this opinion that is present on various KZ2 threads. About how the Helghast  are "truly the good guys". Even after a year or so, I just never got around to it, so what the heck I'll do it now.

@F_14_D_TOMCAT said: 

"In Killzone 1 the Helghast invaded Vekta, BUT a long time ago prior to the events of KZ1 the planet Vekta originally was colonised by the Helghast but the ISA defeated them and cosequently displaced the Helghast from Vekta and then ISA made Vekta an ISA colony.  So this proves once and for all that ISA are the bad guys, the Helghast were just trying to get back their planet from the ISA's occupation.  Saying helghast are evil is like saying that the native american indians were the bad guys when infact what the american indians were doing was fighting to get back their ancestral land from white/European settlers. "

@CL60 said: 

" They were trying to get back the planet they were forced off of. As Tomcat said, it's similar to the native americans. Except an entire planet. "

There is no "good guy", just a bunch of "bad guys" and a lot of botched foreign policy....space foreign policy. lol. Both of you are forgetting what motivated the First Helghan War that resulted in an ISA take over of Vekta, it wasn't very clear cut.

That past conflict between the Helghan Corporation and the military organization ISA resulted in the Helghan Empire and society (WW1 kinda/sorta). Helghan leadership (Scholar Visari) utilized their isolation from other planets to develop their concept of race, a government and an idea about how the known universe should be ran. Their push to become a military power was solely for the purpose of conducting war. The whole planet is a nationalist military-industrial complex that was left unchecked. Given the history, there is no reason to try and decide who is the good guy now. Both the ISA and Helghan are capable of evil and they both exercise it. The First Helghan War and the resulting campaign to liberate Vekta by the Helghan's. Was history repeating itself. A history that colonists were supposed to leave behind on war torn Earth. The whole Helghan Empire simply is not something to root for and their intentions are much worse than the opposing ISA.  

In my opinion, the purpose of the back story contained within Killzone is not to determine which faction is more justified. It's simply a realistic set-up for an all out war that we get to experience. Obviously it can also serve as a reflection on our own history. I think you can interpret the themes contained within Killzone in quite a few ways. For example, if you look beyond the stereotypical war story and some flat characters. There are parts of the story that deal with the consequences of nuclear proliferation. 

Anyways....We all know to well that if your a space super power and you spend a lot of space money on a space military. Your eventually going to use it for horrible space stuff. Killzone's story is easy to ignore and the consensus is that it's awful still, but I dig it. 
    metalmoog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#14  Edited By metalmoog

Yeah would be a dream come true to be able to rock campaign as Helghast. Much more interesting and likeable characters than the ISA lunkheads.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.