Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Killzone 3

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Feb 22, 2011

Killzone 3 continues the story of the invasion of the planet Helghan by the oppressive forces of the merciless Interplanetary Strategic Alliance. The game also features an improved multiplayer progression system and refined classes.

Is it even excusable how watered down the online is VS KZ2?

Questionable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Questionable

So ive been killzone 3 for two months before the PSN downage, not having touched KZ2 in well over a year

Today with the PSN summer sale i picked up the 6 extra maps for KZ2 and took them for a spin. It only took about two matches to get fully re-acquainted with the controls and overall had a good time exploring the new content (new for me anyway, i know the DLC itself is ages old by internet standards)

What surprised me was that the online feels many times more robust and developed right down to its lobby system. Its hard to believe both stem from the same company. KZ2 really raises the bar with its wide array of features, proper squads, proximity chat, filters for just about anything, a proper lobby, TONS more stat tracking! Compared to this the online structure of KZ3 feels like a PS2 game.

Seriously, what happened in development to take such a huge step back? 

Just for clarity i am NOT hating on the gameplay changes that is an entirely diverent topic and ultimately a matter of taste, this topic is about the huge discrepancy where a sequal is a significant  step down on a technical level

Spoonman671

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Spoonman671

I think they realized how shitty the community is at creating good multiplayer game modes and removed the customization that made it impossible to find a decent game in KZ2 after the first few months.  I do wish you could create squads and not just parties, but the rest of that stuff was just needless clutter.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.