Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Killzone 3

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Feb 22, 2011

Killzone 3 continues the story of the invasion of the planet Helghan by the oppressive forces of the merciless Interplanetary Strategic Alliance. The game also features an improved multiplayer progression system and refined classes.

Killzone 3 Being Played With PlayStation Move

get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By get2sammyb

As someone who quite liked the potential for shooters on the Wii, but never felt like the idea was pushed hard enough, I'm quite excited about what PlayStation Move can offer to games like Killzone 3 (and now MAG of course). The guy doesn't appear to be doing to best job demoing the controls in a play situation, because he's talking and describing things at the same time, but it certainly seems to work, and it definitely still looks like it "feels" Killzone.

Before you come in and troll about how "motion controls suck and they should stop wasting time, yadda yadda" -- remember this is completely optional. You'll still be able to play with the DualShock if you prefer.
    jeanluc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 13

#2  Edited By jeanluc  Staff

Having more hardcore games like Killzone for Move makes it way more appealing then Kinect for me. 

Steve_C

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By Steve_C

Something about the animation looks a little janky as the weapon is being moved around the screen with the crosshair. I really like the sensation of weight in that game, but the gun is flying about a bit too fast and sporadically.

Might be fun to play. I'm seriously considering getting Move sometime this year, and i'll probably pick up KZ3 at some point, so i'll at least try it.

get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By get2sammyb
    @wasteguru said:

"  Having more hardcore games like Killzone for Move makes it way more appealing then Kinect for me.  "

Sure; I think we're going to see a LOT of games using Move as an optional control scheme actually. Apparently it's really easy to implement so it makes sense to put it in there for people that prefer it. Obviously it's not going to be everyone's cup of tea, and it's certainly going to suit some games better than others, but I'm willing to give it a shot in whatever they support it in. The nice thing is that if you don't want to use motion controls, you're not forced to. You can switch back to DualShock easy as pie.

We'll get our first taste of Move in FPS with the MAG patch later this year. Zipper should already be well honed with the controller because of SOCOM 4. I'm looking forward to trying that out.

There's plenty of interesting "hardcore" games that are being designed solely for Move too though. You should check out Echochrome 2 and Tumble if you haven't already. They look cool.

@Steve_C said: 

" Something about the animation looks a little janky as the weapon is being moved around the screen with the crosshair. I really like the sensation of weight in that game, but the gun is flying about a bit too fast and sporadically. Might be fun to play. I'm seriously considering getting Move sometime this year, and i'll probably pick up KZ3 at some point, so i'll at least try it. "

I agree it looks a bit twitchy, but it's probably still early. I'm sure they'll smooth the animation out before launch.

Off topic -- I played Sports Champions the other day and the table tennis is absolutely brilliant. Really good fun.
    TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By TwoOneFive
    @get2sammyb: it only looks weird, until you try it yourself, then it all looks natural. 
    ravensword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By ravensword

Honestly, it looks like it would be really jittery and inaccurate. But maybe thats just my experince with motion controller FPS games on wii. I really wish im able to try this thing out before I buy it (Move that is) because thats alot of money for something I dont even know ill like. I think places liek Best Buy NEED to have demo kiosks for this and kinect so the public can try before they buy. And it better be games like this being demos instead of stupid party games ill never play.
    AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#7  Edited By AhmadMetallic

video games went a full circle and got back to arcade-ish crosshairs ... 

interesting :S

TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By TwoOneFive
    @Raven_Sword said:
    " Honestly, it looks like it would be really jittery and inaccurate. But maybe thats just my experince with motion controller FPS games on wii. I really wish im able to try this thing out before I buy it (Move that is) because thats alot of money for something I dont even know ill like. I think places liek Best Buy NEED to have demo kiosks for this and kinect so the public can try before they buy. And it better be games like this being demos instead of stupid party games ill never play. "
    i tried out SOCOM with MOVE and it was pretty much perfect. picked off headshots like it was nothing. 
    get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By get2sammyb
    @Raven_Sword said:
    " Honestly, it looks like it would be really jittery and inaccurate. But maybe thats just my experince with motion controller FPS games on wii. I really wish im able to try this thing out before I buy it (Move that is) because thats alot of money for something I dont even know ill like. I think places liek Best Buy NEED to have demo kiosks for this and kinect so the public can try before they buy. And it better be games like this being demos instead of stupid party games ill never play. "
    This might be of interest to you then.

I've played Sports Champions, Kung Fu Rider, and The Fight; while I thought the latter two were interesting, Sports Champions' Table Tennis single-handedly sold me on the whole device. It's incredible. Closest thing I've ever experienced to playing a real sport in a video game. If you can make the shot in real-life, you can make it with Move. It's that accurate.
    ravensword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By ravensword
    @get2sammyb:

cool beans, ill have to wander into a best buy around taht time to see if they have it. Although itll probaly be crowded. I do know that I want a 3D TV after seeing the demos at Best Buy palying PS3 games, maybe thisll have a similar effect and itll be a far more cost effective one.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.