Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Killzone 3

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Feb 22, 2011

Killzone 3 continues the story of the invasion of the planet Helghan by the oppressive forces of the merciless Interplanetary Strategic Alliance. The game also features an improved multiplayer progression system and refined classes.

Killzone 3 Pre-Order DLC To Hit PSN On Launch Day

BradNicholson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By BradNicholson

So, you’ve been hotly anticipating Killzone 3 and thinking about getting a pre-order because, as we’ve previously reported, all pre-order versions of the game include a free redeemable voucher for the day-one “Retro Map Pack” DLC. I won't tell you what to do, but it would make financial sense to drop your coin now, in advance of the game's release. Why? Because creator Guerrilla Games has announced plans to drop said map pack on PSN on launch day, meaning you’ll need to pony up additional money on top of the game's retail price in order to get all the maps, if you don't pre-order.

This news comes via an official blog entry on the Killzone Web site, which gets in-depth about the DLC offering that has two maps, both of which are re-tooled from Killzone 2. From the blog:

SALAMUN MARKET
    Game Type: Warzone (24 Players)
    Description: One of the largest maps from Killzone 2, Salamun Market has been re-balanced for maximum Killzone 3 carnage. After the Helghast ambush an ISA convoy on its main road, the whole market becomes a Warzone. Nostalgia meets brand-new Exoskeleton combat on this classic multiplayer map! 

No Caption Provided
    BLOOD GRACHT
    Game Type: Guerrilla Warfare (16 Players)
    Description: Months after the nuclear blast that ruined most of the city, Blood Gracht is slowly being reclaimed by Helghan’s strange plant life. But when Guerrilla Warfare breaks out between ISA and Helghast troops, the canals once again run red with blood. The fan-favorite multiplayer map from Killzone 2 makes a triumphant return!

In other Killzone 3-related news, the game's open “beta” is live as of 10AM PST today. According to a PS blog posting, you can find the beta, which includes one map (“Frozen Dam”) and all of the game’s modes, on the main page of the PSN Store. The demo, er, beta, ends on Feb. 15, a few days before the game’s slated Feb. 22, 2011 launch.
    BradNicholson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By BradNicholson

So, you’ve been hotly anticipating Killzone 3 and thinking about getting a pre-order because, as we’ve previously reported, all pre-order versions of the game include a free redeemable voucher for the day-one “Retro Map Pack” DLC. I won't tell you what to do, but it would make financial sense to drop your coin now, in advance of the game's release. Why? Because creator Guerrilla Games has announced plans to drop said map pack on PSN on launch day, meaning you’ll need to pony up additional money on top of the game's retail price in order to get all the maps, if you don't pre-order.

This news comes via an official blog entry on the Killzone Web site, which gets in-depth about the DLC offering that has two maps, both of which are re-tooled from Killzone 2. From the blog:

SALAMUN MARKET
    Game Type: Warzone (24 Players)
    Description: One of the largest maps from Killzone 2, Salamun Market has been re-balanced for maximum Killzone 3 carnage. After the Helghast ambush an ISA convoy on its main road, the whole market becomes a Warzone. Nostalgia meets brand-new Exoskeleton combat on this classic multiplayer map! 

No Caption Provided
    BLOOD GRACHT
    Game Type: Guerrilla Warfare (16 Players)
    Description: Months after the nuclear blast that ruined most of the city, Blood Gracht is slowly being reclaimed by Helghan’s strange plant life. But when Guerrilla Warfare breaks out between ISA and Helghast troops, the canals once again run red with blood. The fan-favorite multiplayer map from Killzone 2 makes a triumphant return!

In other Killzone 3-related news, the game's open “beta” is live as of 10AM PST today. According to a PS blog posting, you can find the beta, which includes one map (“Frozen Dam”) and all of the game’s modes, on the main page of the PSN Store. The demo, er, beta, ends on Feb. 15, a few days before the game’s slated Feb. 22, 2011 launch.
    Minos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Minos

Great!!

jacdg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#3  Edited By jacdg

Getting looooooads of connection errors when trying to play the "beta", but when you are actually able to play it, it's a fantastic multiplayer experience, can't wait for the full thing to drop.

OneAndOnlyBigE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By OneAndOnlyBigE

Close.

Avatar image for randominternetuser
    RandomInternetUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Just got done playing the Botzone on the beta.  Helluva game so far, but the bots seem to always get the advantage in brutal melee encounters.  Every time I get close to one and start to melee, they instantly put me into a death animation even though I feel like I definitely hit it first.

Question:  Is it split-screen?  I remember hearing something about it being split screen...

LoktarOgar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By LoktarOgar

Lol @ keeping the Dutch word "gracht" in the name.

Steveolio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Steveolio

Why are developers doing this...so I have to pay 5 dollars @ gamestop so I can get the DLC for free, or I have to pay them money on day one to get something that should be free!?  This mappack better become free after a month or so, but I never seen any studio do that so I'm not going to hold my breath.

EgoCheck616

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By EgoCheck616

I was sold in the PS+ beta. 
    I was even more sold in the open beta. 

Damn. I guess I've got some money to spend, huh?

Turtlemayor333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Turtlemayor333

Hopefully this means we won't see another ten articles on all the gross business deals surrounding this game.

Seriously I never try to hate on the writers here but damn.

sammo21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 45

#10  Edited By sammo21

By the way Bombers, the beta is tucked away under the "MOVE" section of the new releases and not the main page itself.  Was driving me bonkers looking for it on my lunch break.

sammo21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By sammo21
    @Steveolio:  You do realize your $5 goes towards the cost of the game, making your complaint moot?  This is a way to boost sales and get pre-release hype for the title.  Basically you can get the maps for free or pay for it, and you choose to complain about both?  Nice job, you've become the internet.
    handlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By handlas
    @sammo21 said:

" By the way Bombers, the beta is tucked away under the "MOVE" section of the new releases and not the main page itself.  Was driving me bonkers looking for it on my lunch break. "

not anymore on the US store anyway.  I found iton the main page.

I d/led the Euro demo earlier and had a hard time finding it as well.  Silly to put it only under the Move section.  But the beta is broken for me (hence it being a beta perhaps?).  After I played it once I can't connect anymore.  I'm trying to re-download it now ;/ (yippie for getting off work early due to bad weather)
    sammo21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By sammo21
    @handlas: OK, good deal.  Maybe they realized what they had done?  Either way, I'm excited to jump into it.  I get off work in around an hour and started downloading it on my lunch break.
    ProfessorEss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#14  Edited By ProfessorEss

It would've been nice if they made these maps a "buy it new" incentive instead of a pre-order one.

Just 2 cents.

Steveolio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Steveolio

@sammo21:   OH NO!  I'm my own worst enemy!   
    I must have typed too fast to make my point clear.  What I was saying is that these pre-order bonuses have gotten out of control.  I realize that my $5 dollars goes towards the game price, but that fact remains that if I don't put down money now I loose out on part of the experience.  I think that I shouldn't loose out on some experience just for waiting a week or two to see what the reviews are before I buy a game at the full price.  I understand the incentive for a studio to try to reduce the used game purchases, that is why I'm more in favor of what mass effect did, where if you buy the game new you get extra content otherwise you have to put more money in.  This seems more fair to me than pre-order bonuses.  What do you think?

Avatar image for tim_the_corsair
    tim_the_corsair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By tim_the_corsair
    @Steveolio Lose, LOSE!!!
    Mystyr_E

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 93

#17  Edited By Mystyr_E

too bad the maps are crummy. Unless they change the layout a bit, Blood Gracht was a clusterfuck and Salumun was boring

I'd prefer Corinth Crossing and Phyruss Rise, or even Visari Hammer but thank god it's not Radec Academy

Aetheldod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Aetheldod

Beginning Download now , note to Mexican PSN folks it is on "new releases"

RE_Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By RE_Player1

Already pre-ordered it :)

teekomeeko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#20  Edited By teekomeeko

Well, I already pre-ordered it so that's not huge deal to me, but I like the model of "buy this new and it will have a voucher in the box" more than pre-order stuff. What if I am not interested in a game until after it is released thanks to good word of mouth? That means I'm screwed out of precious cash if I want all the playable content.

BigBoss1911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

#21  Edited By BigBoss1911
    @Steveolio said:
    " Why are developers doing this...so I have to pay 5 dollars @ gamestop so I can get the DLC for free, or I have to pay them money on day one to get something that should be free!?  This mappack better become free after a month or so, but I never seen any studio do that so I'm not going to hold my breath. "
    The 5 dollars goes towards the full purchase of the game so why is it a problem?
    Monkeygb21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#22  Edited By Monkeygb21

Man, I was really hoping Corinth Crossing would be the map (Don't tell them but I would pay for that).  These are ok though.

ZeroMargin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By ZeroMargin

This game is a distinct possibility.

Wuddel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Wuddel

Does anyone has an idea how you can get those maps alongside a pre-order in Europe. Nothing on Amazon.co.uk yet.

FuzzYLemoN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By FuzzYLemoN

I hate pre-order bonuses. I've stopped pre-ordering things because of that bullshit.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.