Killzone Post Patch 1.04. How is it now?

#1 Posted by MetalMoog (906 posts) -

At work, haven't logged in since the patch. How is it playing now? Big improvements, more focus team oriented play or more of the same? Would love to hear from all the Medics out there especially.

#2 Edited by GunstarRed (4733 posts) -

It wouldnt work for me the first  20 or so times I tried earlier but when I did get into one I got healed four times in one match... thats never happened before.
#3 Posted by Afroman269 (7388 posts) -

Is it finally out? I played yesterday and it wasn't up. I'll sign on once I get back from the gym then and see what's up.

#4 Posted by MetalMoog (906 posts) -
@marioncobretti said:
" It wouldnt work for me the first  20 or so times I tried earlier but when I did get into a match I got healed four times in one match... thats never happened before. "
That's what I'm talkin' about! Hallelujah! So far so good...
#5 Posted by handlas (2548 posts) -

can't notice any changes personally. So if I didn't d/l a patch I wouldn't of noticed other than I can finally do "ANY" search for maps and not always get the Retro Pack.

#6 Posted by EnemaEms (153 posts) -

Glad its out. I was tired of losing thousands of XP due to network errors. I'll play a bunch this weekend. Hopefully more people will let me revive them now. :)

#7 Posted by dibdab (67 posts) -

Played some last night.  I saw less network issues but the 'can't find host' message sprung up a fw times but didn't crash the game this and only lasted a few seconds each time (maybe be my net connection as it is poor). 

I mainly play as a medic and must say healing is much easier now.  The heal distance means you don't have have to stand over someone to heal them.  Other than that didn't notice much difference.  Only played a couple of hours so will see how it is over the next week. 
#8 Posted by Donos (1193 posts) -
@dibdab said:
" Played some last night.  I saw less network issues but the 'can't find host' message sprung up a fw times but didn't crash the game this and only lasted a few seconds each time (maybe be my net connection as it is poor).  I mainly play as a medic and must say healing is much easier now.  The heal distance means you don't have have to stand over someone to heal them.  Other than that didn't notice much difference.  Only played a couple of hours so will see how it is over the next week.  "
I haven't played yet, but when they say 20 meters do they actually mean 2 meters?
#9 Posted by dibdab (67 posts) -

Not certain but would say yes it must be 2 meters it definately isnt 20.

#10 Posted by ninjatuned (22 posts) -
#11 Posted by EnemaEms (153 posts) -

I have no network issues now, but the map never changes for me. I'm stuck on the Market map and I've made sure my map selection is set to ANY. If anyone has any advice on this, I would be grateful. I can only play on the same map for so long.

#12 Posted by MetalMoog (906 posts) -

Haven't run into any network related issues. Medic rules now, I can revive dudes without becoming a bullet sponge. Still not enough players rocking medics and doing revives but hopefully that improves as people get better at the game. Only problem I encounter is the repeating maps DLC glitch but other than that, enjoy it a lot more than pre-patch. I think this game will continue to improve as new features and tweaks get patched in.

#13 Posted by tsolless (465 posts) -
@EnemaEms said:
" I have no network issues now, but the map never changes for me. I'm stuck on the Market map and I've made sure my map selection is set to ANY. If anyone has any advice on this, I would be grateful. I can only play on the same map for so long. "
You have to delete the DLC, otherwise the game keeps putting you in the Market.
#14 Posted by MetalMoog (906 posts) -
@tsolless said:

" @EnemaEms said:

" I have no network issues now, but the map never changes for me. I'm stuck on the Market map and I've made sure my map selection is set to ANY. If anyone has any advice on this, I would be grateful. I can only play on the same map for so long. "
You have to delete the DLC, otherwise the game keeps putting you in the Market. "
 I read you just have to back out of the match and under "Map Selection" change it from "Any" to a specific map. Once you get into the map you've chosen, the map voting options will be made available after the match.
#15 Posted by handlas (2548 posts) -

1.06 is released now apparently.  Think it is just suppose to help people with lag issues. There are a lot of people saying the lag is unbearable. I haven't really experienced much lag at all from what I can notice. Occasionally I'll shoot a guy and he'll take a second to die which is annoying but that was always prevalent in Killzone 2.

#16 Posted by Hosstile17 (747 posts) -

I never had the Retro Map Pack issues.... I dunno. It still seems like a solid, online shooter. Not much balancing seems to have been done.

#17 Edited by handlas (2548 posts) -

speaking of the Retro map pack....you can basically get it for free off of this website. Some promotional thing but some dood posted his code he got from a product and basically you can get it for free if you don't already have it. 

Also, you can use the code over and over again with fake emails and get unlock points. Pretty stupid. I used it once....haven't put in the code that it gave me for the points tho...think it is only 3 points but basically you can unlock everything in MP by exploiting that. Not gonna do it because I like putting in the effort to get unlock points myself...something to look forward to.

edit: 

Here it is...  

http://edgeshave.com/default.aspx#!/ps3Giveaway/     

You put in this code:   841058005209 
Put in a fake email. 

Free Retro Map Pack and unlimited unlock points.  The thread has been up on the official Killzone forums for a couple days now so I guess GG doesn't care.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.