Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Killzone 3

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Feb 22, 2011

Killzone 3 continues the story of the invasion of the planet Helghan by the oppressive forces of the merciless Interplanetary Strategic Alliance. The game also features an improved multiplayer progression system and refined classes.

No love for this great game?

SSValis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By SSValis

I know it wasn't exactly groundbreaking and there was a ton of great sequels last year, but this game was pretty awesome. I guess it's a testament to how many great games came out in 2011.

Was it even in your top 15 games of the year for you?

It definitely was one of my favorite games of the year. I really enjoyed the story and the multplayer is fun as hell.

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#2  Edited By Claude

I don't have a PS3. Even if I did, I wouldn't play it.

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#3  Edited By MooseyMcMan

In a year of franchises that were in their third installment, there were better ones.

OllyOxenFree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#4  Edited By OllyOxenFree

I really have to get around to playing it. The inability to kill Rico is kind of a deal-breaker, though.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
    deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

Killzone 3 was good but was dumbed down into a cod style arcade shooter.

Commisar123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 14

#6  Edited By Commisar123

Its not bad, and I think its the FPS I spent the most time with. That being said, I don't think it was better then Battlefield 3, and that didn't make my list so I wouldn't have put it there. Too many games came out this year that were more meaningful and fun then that one. Its not bad, just not the sort of game a mention in one of those.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By toowalrus

I played half way through Killzone 2 and didn't care for it. I've heard KZ3 is more of the same... I'll get around to it- someday.

tekmojo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8  Edited By tekmojo

Yea after the ramming I took from Rico in Killzone 2, I'm not about to lube up my a-hole and go for round 3. I didn't care for pacing, story, or characters, I would probably only play multiplayer for a couple weeks then go back to BF3.

buckwatters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By buckwatters

@SSValis said:

I know it wasn't exactly groundbreaking and there was a ton of great sequels last year, but this game was pretty awesome. I guess it's a testament to how many great games came out in 2011.

Was it even in your top 15 games of the year for you?

It definitely was one of my favorite games of the year. I really enjoyed the story and the multplayer is fun as hell.

I played it, and it just felt lacking, I never felt any of the impact that the story was trying to convey. The whole desperation of being behind enemy lines sort of falls flat when your wasting about a 100 guys.

emkeighcameron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By emkeighcameron

Great game, just not great ENOUGH to stand out against all the others this year.

I played KZ2 and KZ3 basically back-to-back.....and 3 was just a slightly more-refined version of 2. Not enough of a change to give it the GOTY for 2011, unfortunately.

Oh well, still a blast to play.

The_Tolman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By The_Tolman

God, there was some really awesome stuff in this game, BUT so much shit that ruined it.

Avatar image for vegetable_side_dish
    Vegetable_Side_Dish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Well I loved KZ2, as a person who doesn't really get into FPS/ competitive multiplayer. The class-based multiplayer, actual weighted weapons, gorgeous sci fi environments and great sounding guns made it such a great experience. 
    Shame about the story though... 

sopranosfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#13  Edited By sopranosfan

Shooters won't be getting GOTY consideration until there is some kind of breakthrough. There are just too many of them that all feel the same.

huntad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 13

#14  Edited By huntad

It's a good game. I don't care for how the game ends, and I don't really care for the online multiplayer as it's a proximity mine fest. I like playing against the bots, though. Overall, I'd say it's a solid game, but hard to compete with the other shooters out there.

bed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 24

#15  Edited By bed

it was a lot of fun, but yea, but kinda forgettable, too. it wasn't until this thread that i remember some of the cooler moments in Killzone 3.

jelekeloy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By jelekeloy

I fucking hated it. The stealth section and ending were both awful IMO. Then again, I played it during the PSN outage and couldn't play online. I really liked the beta/demo they put out ahead of release.

Wuddel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#17  Edited By Wuddel

I had it in my Top 10. More for the Move implementation though. I like it and having played BF3 on PS3 I would say that KZ3 was even better there*. It also not really improved much over KZ2. And the single player was pretty lackluster. Shooters in high placed on GOTY list won't happen until "THE NEXT BIG THING IN FPS"

*But BF3 on the PC really knocked everything else out of the park this year for me (FPS wise). That saying even that is not really anything new. Thay are making these games for a long time now.

white_sox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 12

#18  Edited By white_sox

I loved the way it played. It has been a long time since I have carried on with an FPS just based on its controls. The weight of the controls were perfectly balanced between the old weight of KZ2 and a quicker pace found in more modern day FPS. The guns were so satisfying to fire. It felt so...so... right I guess. I chose it as my GoTY because it was just so much fun to play.

ssj4raditz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By ssj4raditz

I bought a copy with part of my Christmas bonus from work, but haven't gotten around to playing it yet.

DrDarkStryfe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#20  Edited By DrDarkStryfe

The multiplayer was very fun, but the single player was just so lacking. Beautiful visuals, but the game itself just did not stand out against titles in its own genre, let alone all games of 2011.

mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By mosespippy

Genocide of the year. GotY.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.