Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Killzone 3

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Feb 22, 2011

Killzone 3 continues the story of the invasion of the planet Helghan by the oppressive forces of the merciless Interplanetary Strategic Alliance. The game also features an improved multiplayer progression system and refined classes.

Pro Tip: Work as a team!

Avatar image for killroycantkill
    killroycantkill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 13

#1  Edited By killroycantkill

I think I constantly need to remind people that to win a game of Warzone you have to work together. I've played about 10 rounds to far in the Beta and I've only had 1 round where we won. The rest of the games are 7-0 rounds for the other team. When the mission isn't Bodycount then don't just run around looking for kills! Pick up the propaganda speaker, repair ammo crates, capture tactical spawns, USE tactial spawns. 

Working as a team also rewards you. My last round I won I got over 9000 exp for one round! I went up 3 levels all because I captured spawns, covered team mates, and captured objectives. 

Does anyone else feel like their team is just chickens with their heads cut off most of the time, or is it just me?
    Avatar image for charlesalanratliff
    CharlesAlanRatliff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 34

why would i work as a team when i can get mad killz and improve my k/d

dbz1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By dbz1995

Couldn't agree more-however you have to take into account that a large amount of those people have been playing FPS games that don't require teamwork and therefore they are accustomed to running around like headless chickens.

Pessh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By Pessh

Get the fucking objectives, propaganda mode and no ones protecting the dude with it, assassination and no ones protecting the target, S&D and I'm literally the only trying to plant the fuses. Everyone else is just sitting in the opposite corner of the map, and then at the end I get asked how I came second when I only had 18 kills. BECAUSE ITS NOT TDM, GET THE OBJECTIVES!!!!!!!!

Catarrhal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Catarrhal

I had the exact same complaints with the Killzone 2 multiplayer. Now, I'm not amazingly skilled, but the multiplayer goals were always clear to me. Regarding specific objectives, it often seemed that others were clueless, or otherwise assumed that someone else would take care of things. That rarely worked out in my favor, and after a few hours, I had to walk away, never to return.

@Pessh: The last sentence of your post compliments your avatar quite nicely; I enjoy that. But seriously, I agree with you.

thegoldencat7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By thegoldencat7

Its so disheartening when you die, look round for a medic and realise you're on a team of snipers. I've been trying to play as a medic, but you have to be quick because people are just hammering the respawn button so they can charge into enemy territory, throw some grenades, and die again. It seems a brilliant game when it all comes together and you're on a decent team, but if not its just frustrating as hell.

@Pessh:  
    Sorry about that. But I didn't mention kills, just wondered what you'd done. A COD style "so and so" defused the bomb etc notification would be a good idea.

Avatar image for lordxavierbritish
    LordXavierBritish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 6

#7  Edited By LordXavierBritish
    Free Beta.
    wolf_blitzer85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#8  Edited By wolf_blitzer85

That's why I like playing the objective based stuff in COD. Everyone else is just running around shooting eachother, so I just go all ninja with my tactical spawn and capture everything. Usually there's just one dude to deal with hanging out by the objective. You know the other guy that knows where the real points are at.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By CL60
    @LordXavierBritish said:
    " Free Beta. "
    What does that have anything to do with it?
    tearhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 52

#10  Edited By tearhead

The ones who control the spawn points control the game.

Pessh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Pessh
    @thegoldencat7:  Lol no need to be sorry
    zaccheus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By zaccheus

There are really different games when I have played it. Sometimes everyone just runs around and doing nothing, but sometimes everyone is on the ball. Assassination target goes to easily defendable position, everyone puts mines on the doorways and medics revive the fallen... It's a beautiful thing.  

I have played a lot of MAG and sometimes it's awesome and sometimes it's frustrating. The best thing to do is to join a active team of players. KZ3 is better than MAG in that you only need a few co-operating player to dominate. In MAG you need a lot of people (my clan has sometimes 60 players playing at the same time). Also when time goes by the quality of the players go up a lot. I don't know what you expect for a open beta. There is a lot of people just checking it out because it's free.

Akrid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Akrid

It's all relative. If everyone else is just killing each other it's easier for me to get shit done.

metalmoog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#14  Edited By metalmoog

Tons of gamers play all shooters like CoD. They spawn, run around looking for kills, die, rinse and repeat. I see this in Killzone 2, Killzone 3 and Battlefield Bad Company 2. I always try to play as a member of a team and get the objectives, but find it uber frustrating when I'm running around trying to revive people, yet my whole team is full of infiltrators and snipers without a medic in sight. In KZ2 I got revived all the time, I hope this is just due to the beta being so fresh, and hopefully people being pulled in that have never played Killzone before and don't know what to do. 

I prefer objective based game modes because it adds another dimension to just running around and killing dudes, but the majority of my friends always prefer to play Deathmatch game modes only and hate doing objectives because of the objectives being camped and us running into a cheese grater. lol

canucks23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By canucks23
    @CL60 said:
    " @LordXavierBritish said:
    " Free Beta. "
    What does that have anything to do with it? "
    More people who don't necessarily understand how the game works, or are just playin it for shits. People who buy a game tend to be a bit more informed about it, or are somewhat more serious about it. (not that that's the case for everybody)
    august

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By august

Snipers are the worst. On average.

MoonpieMisfit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By MoonpieMisfit

More medics would definitely be good.  I usually end up as the only one on my team.  I always end up in a situation with two or more teammates down waiting to be revived.  Given that you have to wait for revive to recharge after using it, I lose a guy because they get impatient and respawn or I get shot while I'm waiting.

Gabriel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#18  Edited By Gabriel

So many Snipers...

Donos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Donos

Pro Tip: Unlock Marksman cloak +, scrambler + and the Helghast Assault Rifle. Activate cloak. Complete every objective yourself.

Alternately, try out the tactician. Dude, you can capture spawnpoints, call in drones and see everyone everywhere. Run into a building, hit radar and murderfy thems asses.

borodin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By borodin
    @Killroycantkill said:
    " I think I constantly need to remind people that to win a game of Warzone you have to work together. "
    I think I constantly need to remind people that games are played for fun. If you're not having fun unless you're winning that's hardly everyone else's fault. Also, it's not as if you were on the 'random guys' team and your opponent was a clan every time, for you to lose, they had to win, see what I'm saying? So someone's obviously doing it "right" you're just sour you didn't get put in with those guys much yet.
    Wuddel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#21  Edited By Wuddel

Welcome to the world of online FPS! At least if you go with randoms. (Which I also do almost exclusively.) 

I think they made some interesting choices here. The took away the assault class, and made the standard "assault rifle guy" the tactican, which is the class to battle over map control.

Helimocopter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Helimocopter
    @borodin:  I was kind of with you at the beginning there, but I think you may have switched sides mid-sentence, no offense or anything
    belaraphon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#23  Edited By belaraphon

quality team mates are super tough to find.  especially when there is k/d tracking.

Boiglenoight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#24  Edited By Boiglenoight

The best team I've seen so far had tons of medics and constantly rezzed each other.  Also having the medic unlock that allows you to rez yourself seemed to be in practice as well.  Seems like a similar trend from Bad Company 2.

zaccheus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By zaccheus

I was really pleased to see that during the last few days of the beta people seemed to "get it" much more. The quality of players seemed to go up (or I had a lot of luck) and I had some really tense 3-4 games.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.