Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Killzone 3

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Feb 22, 2011

Killzone 3 continues the story of the invasion of the planet Helghan by the oppressive forces of the merciless Interplanetary Strategic Alliance. The game also features an improved multiplayer progression system and refined classes.

Question for People Who Played the Beta

Evil_Alaska

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Evil_Alaska

So I just recently played Killzone 2, I know I'm a little late, wife got me a PS3 for Christmas. 

I haven't been able to get into it due to an issue I have with the analog sticks controls. To me, it feels like there is a serious lag between you moving the sticks and the onscreen response of the character. It seriously kills the game for me.  

For anyone who played the beta, is this lag or whatever you want to call it still there?  

I really want to get into Killzone, and purchase Killzone 3, but if this is still present I think I may have to pass. 

OmegaPirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By OmegaPirate

Didnt they patch in an option in the controls to make it play a little more 'lighter' like a call of duty game or whatnot? have a check in the controller configuration. 

Of course i could be completely making this shit up but i swear i heard them doing something like that

Druminator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Druminator

I don't know about that patch but I do know I could never find a sweet spot with the sensitivity. That's what bothered me most about KZ2. I asked this same question on another forum and they said that it was one of the main gripes and they're making sure it's fixed this time around, which is just grand.

DrHawking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By DrHawking

Thats the one reason why I really enjoyed Killzone 2. The weighty controls and shooting made it feel really unique compared to COD which feels like your running around with airsoft guns.

Deeveeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Deeveeus
    @DrHawking said:
    " Thats the one reason why I really enjoyed Killzone 2. The weighty controls and shooting made it feel really unique compared to COD which feels like your running around with airsoft guns. "
    Same here...it made it feel real, I hate that in on line shooters where you get behind a guy, load him with shells, but he flicks around and hits you with a rocket or sniper rifle....bah lol
    Avatar image for deactivated-653d2db498d3a
    deactivated-653d2db498d3a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@DrHawking said:
    " Thats the one reason why I really enjoyed Killzone 2. The weighty controls and shooting made it feel really unique compared to COD which feels like your running around with airsoft guns. "
    Same here. I found that after a good long Killzone binge, I would DOMINATE at any Call of Duty game, purely because I had to do a little extra thinking when aiming and firing.
    borodin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By borodin
    @EvilHaole: I just tried some of the open beta (which you should get yourself some of btw!) and speaking as someone who *hated* the controls in Killzone 2 - playing 3 is a completely different experience, feels great, I don't think there's any need to worry about them.
    Yodasdarkside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#8  Edited By Yodasdarkside

I enjoyed the 'heavy' feeling of Killzone 2, it really made it stand out to me, rather than the ADHD experience that MW2 has to offer.  Somehow in the beta, they have managed to retain the weight, but increase the speed.

Avatar image for shivermetimbers
    shivermetimbers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#9  Edited By shivermetimbers

Killzone 3 greatly improved the controls, it still feels weighty, but the controls feel more responsive. Guerrilla Games wanted you to feel like you're controlling a person and not a camera with hands. 

DoctorTran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10  Edited By DoctorTran

I actually dropped the sensitivity when I played the beta.

iDarktread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By iDarktread
    @EvilHaole: Killzone 3 feels much better, and I will purchase it, as I did Killzone 2.
    Avatar image for the_official_japanese_teabag
    the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i actually loved the campaign demo.  the jet pack was fucking great.  i love the feeling of boosting yourself into the air and mowing down the helghast as you're about to land

vitor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By vitor
    pdiddy1047

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By pdiddy1047

Yeah as above posters mentioned the aiming is much more responsive.  I never had an issue with it in KZ2 but I can see why some wouldn't like it.  KZ 3 is not as responsive as a COD game, but has been tightened up quite a bit.  It actually feel a lot like BF:BC 2 imo.  I think they actually did a perfect job of making the aiming faster, yet not talking away that killzone feel. 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.