Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Killzone 3

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Feb 22, 2011

Killzone 3 continues the story of the invasion of the planet Helghan by the oppressive forces of the merciless Interplanetary Strategic Alliance. The game also features an improved multiplayer progression system and refined classes.

Side effects of playing after a year...

vivek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By vivek

This time last year KZ3 was my shooter of choice. The Warzone multiplayer mode was diverse, entertaining and the game was well balanced. I wish I could say the say a year on, at least about the balancing. I decided to trade my copy of KZ3 sometime last year and was happily surprised when I downloaded the mulitplayer only game for what is a bargain and that my stats and unlocks were still present meaning that I didnt have to start from scratch. The problem I have, is one that plagues many shooters, the people that never stopped playing are extremely over powered, and the dedicated clans will decimate teams. I have played about 10 games and half of those I have been opposed to a full clan team, who simply pin you in the spawn and clock up the kills. I am surprised that the game has no balancing features, and for a newcomer this must be the worst experience imaginable.

KZ3 Multiplayer is great apart from that. It is beautiful, sounds great and guns pack a real punch. Its a shame that I can see a lot of newcomers being put off.

N7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By N7

I hate Killzone 3.

vivek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By vivek

@N7: why?

Avatar image for bjorntheunicorn
    BjornTheUnicorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By BjornTheUnicorn

That imbalance will probably fade away after more people DL the multiplayer-only game. Sort of like what happened with TF when it went F2P.

Etnos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Etnos

@N7 said:

I hate Killzone 3.

I love Killzone 2 and 3, usually my multiplayer of choice.

N7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By N7
    @Vivek: Tactical Spawn Points, baserape, unbalances everywhere, motherfucking Rico, Planet Nuke, fake out ending that made no sense at ALL, stupid story, baserape again, ineptitude and delinquency.
    vivek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By vivek

@N7: Tactical Spawns are gone in KZ3, and I never touched the single player for the reasons you listed.

N7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By N7
    @Vivek said:

@N7: Tactical Spawns are gone in KZ3, and I never touched the single player for the reasons you listed.

Don't joke with me, son! This is SRSBSNS!! What do you mean they are gone!?
    endless_void

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By endless_void

@N7 said:

@Vivek: Tactical Spawn Points, baserape, unbalances everywhere, motherfucking Rico, Planet Nuke, fake out ending that made no sense at ALL, stupid story, baserape again, ineptitude and delinquency.

Someone is fucking mad. Perhaps alittle stirred. Maybe rattled?

DarthOrange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 19

#11  Edited By DarthOrange

@N7 said:

motherfucking Rico

Racist!

elyk247

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

#12  Edited By elyk247

I don't like Killzone 3 either, it's droll and imbalanced.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#13  Edited By Justin258

@N7 said:

motherfucking Rico

That idiot was perhaps the worst part of Killzone 2 and 3, and the fact that the war is still going on because of him makes it even worse. And this guy is going up against the game's horrible cover system, so that's quite a failure on his part.

N7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By N7
    @believer258 said:

@N7 said:

motherfucking Rico

That idiot was perhaps the worst part of Killzone 2 and 3, and the fact that the war is still going on because of him makes it even worse. And this guy is going up against the game's horrible cover system, so that's quite a failure on his part.

I think the worst part of my hatred for Rico is the fact that they modeled him after a developer, so of course they aren't going to kill him off.
    Andorski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Andorski

As with KZ2, I found that getting a game of warzone (I think that's the mode's name) where the competition is close is a very rare ocurrance in KZ3. After just a week or two of the game being released, players were already getting into the habit of quitting once they saw that they were on the losing team (which you could easily tell after the first round).

GaspoweR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#16  Edited By GaspoweR

Man, the problems listed are common in every shooter. The only one that is probably the most balanced. . . QUAKE ARENA FREE FOR ALL. Now that's a shooter I can get behind. Pure skill and no bullshit.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.