Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Killzone 3

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Feb 22, 2011

Killzone 3 continues the story of the invasion of the planet Helghan by the oppressive forces of the merciless Interplanetary Strategic Alliance. The game also features an improved multiplayer progression system and refined classes.

So I just beat killzone 3...(spoilers)

Avatar image for first_phase_skeith
    first_phase_skeith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Anyone up for murdering Stahl for what he did to the Hellgast....FOR KILLING EVERYONE! I mean an entire race dead for his ambitions. I mean I know the hellgast are pretty extreme but in reality they only wanted Vekta back and force earth into surrendering so they don't try to take theyre homeworlds...again. SO instead he gets every man woman and child of the hellgast killed not a one left. Anyone else notice that like Only Sev found that kind of F'ed-up? Not a pang off remorse for essentially killing an endless number of civilians? I mean they're whole "We don't kill the innocent or P.O.W.s...unless Ricos there..." thing was really the only thing the ISA had to show that they were the good guys to begin with.

At this point I've been pushed from mildly sympathetic to the hellgast to extremely... Christ can they're existence suffer any more? oh wait no theyre all dead... except for Stahl... tenacious bastard.

Enigma777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By Enigma777

Stahl didn't kill all those people. You did. 

sameeeeam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By sameeeeam
    PerryVandell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#4  Edited By PerryVandell

Like @Enigma777: said, you Stahl didn't annihilate everyone. You shot a nuke at him which led to his ship being destroyed, which led to Helghan being destroyed. 

first_phase_skeith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Fullmetal216:@Enigma777:
    Yes but he destroyed the fleet allowing you to hit him just hes the one that let the giant super weapon which was on fire towards hellgan... He may not have pulled the trigger but he put the planet at complete risk and in the way his egotism led to the complete destruction of the hellgast people. Trust me I also think it's rico's fault but I'm sure they're is at least like twelve lets go kill Rico forums. In the end it was stahls betrayal of the hellgast people that led to theyre destruction....Rico Sev Narville and that one girl all deserve to be executed as war criminals in my opinion....okay maybe not executed they didn't know it was going to happen maybe just dishonorably discharged and Rico put in jail for murder....still just fuck everyone in that series....bunch of A holes the lot of them. -_-

TravisT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By TravisT

Not everyone died, as indicated by the additional footage in the credits.

Gizmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By Gizmo

Some people actually think Visari is still alive. Who knows?

first_phase_skeith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@TravisT: Ya stahl...and his men...oh joy

@Gizmo: No he seems pretty dead kind watched him eat it...and then a doctor call his time of death....got a feeling he is ya pretty dead.
    Enigma777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Enigma777
    @first_phase_skeith said:

"  @Fullmetal216:@Enigma777:
    Yes but he destroyed the fleet allowing you to hit him just hes the one that let the giant super weapon which was on fire towards hellgan... He may not have pulled the trigger but he put the planet at complete risk and in the way his egotism led to the complete destruction of the hellgast people. Trust me I also think it's rico's fault but I'm sure they're is at least like twelve lets go kill Rico forums. In the end it was stahls betrayal of the hellgast people that led to theyre destruction....Rico Sev Narville and that one girl all deserve to be executed as war criminals in my opinion....okay maybe not executed they didn't know it was going to happen maybe just dishonorably discharged and Rico put in jail for murder....still just fuck everyone in that series....bunch of A holes the lot of them. -_- "

How did he let the "giant superweapon" also know as his cruise ship fall towards Helghan? You're the one who destroyed it's engines, remember? It's not like he could do anything about that.  

Stop trying to put the blame on others. You are the one who pressed Circle and launched the nuke that started the entire chain reaction. You committed the genocide. You are the murderer!  

You can try to spin it this or that way or accuse others, but at the end of the day you are still the one who was responsible for everything. 
    first_phase_skeith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Enigma777: Yes because he tried to land it on hellgan instead of letting it explode in space hell if I had the option I wouldn't have blow that ship up just boarded it. Kill Stahl and crash it into some systems sun or an inhabitable world, weapon like that should never be in anyone's hands hell if I ever trust the ISA with it or the hellgast. It's a shooter not one for options dude in fact killzone is about three steps from a rail shooter. Like I said Sev deserves punishment for his choices definitely and depending on how much he knew about how it worked executed.
    Enigma777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Enigma777
    @first_phase_skeith: Jesus man, he was not trying to land the ship. You took out his engines and it was in a free-fall. And how the hell was he supposed to know that you would fucking nuke him?! 

Also you did have a choice. You could have put the controller down and walked away. But you didn't. You killed all those people and then you have the gall to blame someone else? Not only are you a mass murderer, but you're a fucking coward. People like you make me sick. 
    first_phase_skeith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Enigma777: A. Rico said and I quote said "He's trying to land it." I remember cuz I got hit with missiles twice and had to restart that part. B. The story progresses regardless of my willingness to activate it, killzone history is written regardless if I play that part either way when killzone 4 comes out and they're fighting radioactive British space fascist it will be because sev hit the button whether or not I played it. Plus if this was a real event and I was actually Sev actually had those options and actually did that Yay I'd deserve to be executed too.  C. Dude, calm down to be honest either your just trying to be the average internet prick that would hassle me just to hassle me but in the case you aren't I will be assuming your actually meaning what you say, dude it's not worth insulting my character over a philosophical difference between how we view the events and our control of them. D. In infamous (spoilers) when I let trish die to save the doctors It was my legitimate choice to save the doctors instead this was a railed sequence that will happen regardless of what I chose to do if I walk away it still happens.
    N7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#13  Edited By N7

I see the ending confused more people than I thought. I don't know, man. The entire game was a pretty big mind-fuck when you try to analyze and see what is what.

The vibe that I got at the end of the game was that once Stahl got Nuked, the ship and that superweapon crashed down on the planet, engulfing the entire thing in a green mist. But judging from the fact that Rico stuck his entire, retarded goddamn hand in the ectoplasm earlier, made me think that it didn't kill everything at all. Also, those two Helghast at the end. They were just regular Higs, and they wouldn't have had time to prepare for the explosion. So I think the entire thing was just a huge oversight by the developers not wanting to explain anything.

So, my thoughts: Helghan is fine, it's just green as shit. Stahl is alive, as stupid as he is as a villain. Killzone 4 is going to take place in the future, on barren Earth. And Rico is never going to die because he's modeled after a developer at GG.

But I think we're giving them waaaay too much credit by even thinking this far in, as they clearly did not.

first_phase_skeith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@N7: like I said same shit as before just radioactive british space fascists. I rather missed Vasari as the weirdly sympathetic villain and I preferred Orlock and Stahl at each others throats more then either one ever by themselves. Either way I just hate everyone in that universe that is still alive just saying. Radic Orlock Vasari and Templar and the Hellgast dude you team up with in killzone 1 are all dead....yet Stahl Narvil....and Rico all are alive...Goddamn it all.
    Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#15  Edited By Hailinel

So how is this ending supposed to jive with how the game starts?

first_phase_skeith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Hailinel:  Well it's ironic that it starts with Vasari saying he'll lead the hellgast till the end of days...then in the game being set after he dies the hellgast world ends....aside from that nothing...the story trailer had better story then the actually game...contained Stahls only good lines too...
    Dallas_Raines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#17  Edited By Dallas_Raines

It was either them or Earth.

first_phase_skeith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Lord_Yeti:  Well seeing as earth government is the ones responsible for forcing the hellgast onto that hell of a planet ehhhh I could maybe say take out earth I don't know
    Dallas_Raines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Dallas_Raines
    @first_phase_skeith:  

I don't think Sev much cares about what happened in the past.
    first_phase_skeith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Lord_Yeti: True but still, I have a difficult time rejoicing in the biggest war crime a video game has honestly ever asked of me. Did a nice job of beating the Call of duty no Russian moment but I think it's a bit much. Still fucking hate stahl.
    Levianth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Levianth

Am i the only one who felt that the end was incredibly abrupt? It was 'Oh shit, that planet got nuk-' credits. 

I understand if you want to try and leave the fallout from that for your sequel, but atleast have your characters demonstrate emotion before you roll to credits, they came off like robots. 

@N7:  It could be possible that in its natural state that stuff isn't volatile, but it needs to be weaponized, and is just highly unstable, hence why they hold it with that long rod.

borodin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By borodin
    @Levianth: Yeah, I felt the same way. From the story perspective it was fine to end there but the actual cut was super abrupt. 

Anyone worried for the next game (if there is one) that they're going to go deep with the radioactive stuff? Like having wolfenstein/singularity style mutants? 
    dapperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By dapperman

Am I the only one who felt Radec from Killzone 2 was the only remotely sympathetic character.

I thought he actually seem to care about his people and was very much a soldier of honour. Not like the rest of cockroach style survivable characters.

The ending was truely awful, as someone who genuinely prefers Playstation, Sony are kidding themselves if they think this is their Halo... Terrible Story (ironically good fiction) and a clusterfuck of a multiplayer :/

first_phase_skeith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@johnnysasaki:  I like Radec and atleast vasari had the common decency to evacuate his own people before he bombed the city so I kind of found vasari to be a like very shall we say good evil guy he came off right. Killzones problem has always been execution it's like dealing with a lovable fuck up they never do it right but they're trying so hard and get so close but just something every time...finally made it play right and had a great starting premise....just didn't go anywhere appealing and when directly up it's own arse. I really want to love killzone but just ugh they make it so god damn hard -_-

@borodin: They are going to have to start pulling rabbits out of a fucking hat before they convince me to love their story again. I've racked my brain for a good way to start this up again and everything ends bad ugh... so much potential squandered. 

@Levianth: Seeing as they still think Rico and the ISA are even remotely likable shows that they wouldn't know how to make a character sympathetic if they tried. Radec the gaddamm villain from Killzone 2 remains the most sympathetic character in the series! 

Last thought guys and gals....Rico by killing Vasari instead of capturing him he caused the whole event that killed all the ISA men and the destruction of Hellgan...sooo...Rico is officially more destructive then all the Killzone villains combined...okay there is one way to get me to buy killzone 4 let me friggin murder him > .>
    Chojin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Chojin

At first I was incredibly pleased and surprised by the story. Basically every review I`ve read have made a big deal about the bad story. And we`re talking reviewers and sites who`ve praised both MW2 and Black ops. So of course I thought it would be abysmal.. at best.

But it kind of wasn’t. I mean GG (sadly) already decided not to focus on the bigger picture, but rather a handful of random and bland soldiers on the battlefield. I think all four games do this quite well, even though the “epicness” is lost somewhere in the trenches.

Anyway, the idea that a small number of soldiers is left behind, scattered around the planet and forced to hide and continue some kind of guerilla warfare while constantly hunted, is pretty awesome I think. I was immediately drawn into the story and pleasantly surprised by the quality of the many cut scenes. And as soon as the invasion of earth was mentioned I thought; “YES! The main goal of this game will be to board one of those ships before it takes off. Send out a warning to earth and maybe even somehow disarm those super weapons. But the fourth game will definitely begin with earth being attacked. Awesome!”

Well, needless to say I was quite disappointed when Sev and his handful of friends not only stops the entire invasion, but decides to nuke a ship loaded with a massive amount of additional nukes as it tries to land, and (supposedly) annihilates an entire race - Millions of women and children.

I`m also disappointed that GG didn’t even try to do with Rico what Kojima did with Raiden. Make him awesome in an attempt to make everyone feel bad for hating him. They should have killed him in some extremely heroic way where he scarifies himself to save a Helghast child or something;p

Levianth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Levianth
    @first_phase_skeith: Compared to the last game, Rico actually ended up feeling like a fairly fleshed out character to me, but Sev consistently feels as stiff as a board.
    first_phase_skeith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Levianth:  I found him to be an idiot Narvil and him are idiots in completely different ways Sev is just a doll inhabited by the player he has no soul.

@Chojin: Ya started off strong but just at the end shot themselves in the foot
    TenStoryMother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By TenStoryMother
    @N7:
    Well Said... 

If you are looking for story in Killzone 3, you will still be looking by the time Killzone 4 is released.
    Jazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 37

#29  Edited By Jazz
    @Enigma777: When Pikachu Hitler is trying to get you to own up to mass genocide, you just know that you're digging your own grave there...and a couple billion others. 
    one at a time.
    Jamjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Jamjones

My impression on Killzone 3 can be understood with this

I want to say about an hour or two into the story mode Rico leave Serv to help Jammer and her crew, I had it in my head that we was going get to play as Rico because one man going to help a platoon sound more action pack than running in a straight line to Narville and not even a long or dangerous probably take about 5 or 6min on Vet. then we get to the cutscene that Narville has to leave Rico and the rest to survive on Helghan now I'm thinking shit just got real... then 6 months later WTF really now? Was this played for laugh? GG could of added an hour at best to explain how they survive but no that would make to much sense...

This bugged me more than anything in the game
    How does a platoon survive on the enemies home world for six months? 
    Why don't you give them more play time? 
    Who Jammer? A female solider... I bet the only reason GG named her Jammer was because they had no idea on what to do with her beside just hack. 
    Where Natko? Why not give him any screen time? 

Man I really like the action I may try and get all the trophies but man this game left me in a foul mood.

first_phase_skeith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You know what I want I want to play as a hellgast during like a hellgast civil war where I get to put a bullet into Rico's just fucking retarded god damn head knife stahl to death and put the resurrected Radec in control  the take vekta make peace and just wash my hands of killzone DAS ENDE!

tsolless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By tsolless
    @first_phase_skeith said:

@Gizmo: No he seems pretty dead kind watched him eat it...and then a doctor call his time of death....got a feeling he is ya pretty dead. "
    The idea is that Visari was using a double. In the beginning you can see someone, who is not shown, get into a transport ship and then the grunt that was there to witness is shot in the face. Then, once Visari/double greets his daughter the daughter acts confused and recoils somewhat, hinting that something is off with her father. Finally at the end, the person returning is not shown. Without any twists, the person returning could only be Stahl, but whoever it is is hidden.

Good chance that Visari's double was killed by Rico. I hope at least, would make for an interesting tweest.
    first_phase_skeith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tsolless: It would but I really dont think the guys really thought killzones story out that far ahead I think they just wing it each game XD
    MeierTheRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By MeierTheRed

Ok, so i just finished KZ3, 2 minutes ago. Ending was a bit abrupt but whatever. What i want to know is, was there any different outcome from this? meaning, you get prompted to hit O to fire the nuke.

Now ff i didn't press the button, would the game have ended any different?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.