Why is Sev wearing a T-shirt and Scarf in the Helghan Tundra?

#1 Posted by Czarpyotr (270 posts) -

Is it just me, or is the most fiction ruining thing about this game the fact that they didn't even bother to throw a long sleeve on Sev when he is running around in the snow and ice?  Every other soldier has a parka on, but Sev is just toughing it out in his T-shirt.  Perhaps along with bug fixes, they should patch in a parka. 
 
PARKA PATCH!

#2 Posted by DoctorTran (1544 posts) -

Because when they picked him up, he was wearing it? I don't think the Helghast are nice enough to provide POWs with Parkas...

#3 Posted by mazik765 (2315 posts) -

Because he's a real man?

#4 Posted by Skald (4366 posts) -

He's a viking.

#5 Posted by Bucketdeth (8003 posts) -

He's tough as NAILS BRA.

#6 Posted by MiniPato (2714 posts) -

Because the helghast didn't expect him to escape in the middle of the tundra and they didn't want to give the guy trashtalking Visari a coat. THERE!

#7 Posted by RE_Player1 (7545 posts) -

Same reason Nathan Drake can climb a train after being shot in arguably same conditions.

#8 Posted by RedRoach (1174 posts) -
@RE_Player92: In Drake's case, I would think that's just adrenaline, with the kind of scenario, you have so much of it that you wouldn't even notice the cold. 
 
As everyone else said before, the Helghast didn't give him a coat, and Rico didn't think they'd be going after Narville, so they didn't plan to stay in the cold for very long, and even if they did, they probably didn't have time to get Sev a parka before leaving after getting the transmission.  
 
personally, I can go without a jacket in -10 to -20 degrees (Celsius), sure it's not the best feeling to be so cold, but you would definitely survive, plus all that running makes you warm.
#9 Posted by Punk1984 (549 posts) -

Actually I just thought of something; when the Helghast drop off Narville and the other POW they are in prison uniforms. Wheredid they change/Why didn't Sev get a snappy orange jumpsuit?
Also my original answer was going to be along the lines of: Dude doesn't need a coat when he has the warm heat of jetpack keeping him toasty.

#10 Edited by damswedon (3173 posts) -

You expect too much from Guerrilla. 
Now here is the real question WHERE THE FUCK DID NATKO GO? 
He was there at the end of Killzone 2 but he doesn't show up even right at the start of 3.

#11 Posted by DoctorTran (1544 posts) -
@damswedon
You expect too much from Guerrilla. 
Now here is the real question WHERE THE FUCK DID NATKO GO? 
He was there at the end of Killzone 2 but he doesn't show up even right at the start of 3.
FUCKING SERIOUSLY!!! I kept waiting for Natko to show up, but he never surfaced. That was probably the most disappointing part if the game to me.
#12 Posted by Omega (828 posts) -
@damswedon: He died in the great continuity war of 2010.
#13 Posted by Spoonman671 (4527 posts) -
@DoctorTran said:
" @damswedon
You expect too much from Guerrilla. 
Now here is the real question WHERE THE FUCK DID NATKO GO? 
He was there at the end of Killzone 2 but he doesn't show up even right at the start of 3.
FUCKING SERIOUSLY!!! I kept waiting for Natko to show up, but he never surfaced. That was probably the most disappointing part if the game to me. "
The second player plays as him in the co-op campaign.
#14 Posted by Donos (1193 posts) -
@Spoonman671 said:
" @DoctorTran said:
" @damswedon
You expect too much from Guerrilla. 
Now here is the real question WHERE THE FUCK DID NATKO GO? 
He was there at the end of Killzone 2 but he doesn't show up even right at the start of 3.
FUCKING SERIOUSLY!!! I kept waiting for Natko to show up, but he never surfaced. That was probably the most disappointing part if the game to me. "
The second player plays as him in the co-op campaign. "
Which doesn't really excuse the problem. He was a douche though, so *shrug*
#15 Posted by N7 (3572 posts) -
@Donos said:
" @Spoonman671 said:
" @DoctorTran said:
" @damswedon
You expect too much from Guerrilla. 
Now here is the real question WHERE THE FUCK DID NATKO GO? 
He was there at the end of Killzone 2 but he doesn't show up even right at the start of 3.
FUCKING SERIOUSLY!!! I kept waiting for Natko to show up, but he never surfaced. That was probably the most disappointing part if the game to me. "
The second player plays as him in the co-op campaign. "
Which doesn't really excuse the problem. He was a douche though, so *shrug* "
GG said that they had to remove a bunch of characters because people complained that the story in Killzone 2 was too hard to follow.
#16 Posted by Nate (702 posts) -

The worst part is when Sev gets hit by that big wave toward the beginning of the game. He's floating on an iceberg, gets nailed by an ice cold wave, and shrugs it off. I'd be stripping out of those wet clothes ASAP.  That'll kill a man, seriously.
If only this were on PC someone could just make a parka mod. Problem solved.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.