Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Killzone 3

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Feb 22, 2011

Killzone 3 continues the story of the invasion of the planet Helghan by the oppressive forces of the merciless Interplanetary Strategic Alliance. The game also features an improved multiplayer progression system and refined classes.

Will unlimited unlock points spoil the multi-player?

iDarktread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By iDarktread

There's a website that I found that gives a a code for a free Retro map pack and theme, and a code for three unlock points. You can keep refreshing the page to gain access to unlimited codes, which basically allows for unlimited unlock points, for one user claims they stack. I did this three times, for a total of nine points.

I'm wondering if it would be helpful to take advantage of this offer and get lots of points to get in-game gear early. I don't actually own the game yet, but I definitely plan to get it some time in the future.

My thoughts: I should probably stop now, so I don't regret it later.

dibdab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By dibdab

To be honest i think it all depends how much multiplayer you intend on playing.  If you are going to get well into it then you may enjoy the feeling of achievement from gaining the unlocks. 

Alternatively if you will only play a little then at least you can use all weapons. 

From what I have seen online so far the weapons/abilities are no substitue for good play.  You could wander into a game with all the unlocks but if you suck then you will get punished.
    Sooperspy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 17

#3  Edited By Sooperspy

I don't think it ruins the multiplayer at all. Its just like hacking to 10th prestige in MW2, It won't affect the game at all. People are going to get enough unlock points to buy everything anyway, so if they want to spam the codes and get everything now, then its fine. 

Also, thanks for sharing this, because now I have the retro pack.

iDarktread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By iDarktread
    @Redbullet685: Hacking prestige in Modern Warfare 2 is a good example, actually. I got all the way to 9th prestige in the game before I stopped playing entirely, just to get all 10 custom class slots. After the fact, I realized that enduring the annoyance of losing all of my gear over and over again was not worth the payout, and ranking up was the only reason I continued to play that broken game to death. 

Do you know how many points are required to get all of the gear in Killzone 3? I'm trying to look that up right now.
    gold_n_eye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By gold_n_eye

Yes and no. By now, the vast majority of players have at least maxed out 1 class. Therefore, by having all classes maxed out, the only advantage it gives you is the ability to change classes on the go. Besides, I think we are all accustomed to a specific class, which depends on how you play this game (e.g. attacker vs. defender)

Andorski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By Andorski
    @iDarktread said:
    " @Redbullet685: Hacking prestige in Modern Warfare 2 is a good example, actually. I got all the way to 9th prestige in the game before I stopped playing entirely, just to get all 10 custom class slots. After the fact, I realized that enduring the annoyance of losing all of my gear over and over again was not worth the payout, and ranking up was the only reason I continued to play that broken game to death.  Do you know how many points are required to get all of the gear in Killzone 3? I'm trying to look that up right now. "
    Each section of a class can be maxed out with 6 points (1, 2, and then 3 point categories).  There are four sections in a class (2 abilities, 2 weapons).  There are 5 classes (marksmen, infiltrator, tactician, engineer, medic). 6 x 4 x 5 = 120 points.  I think that's right.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.