Announcement Trailer

#1 Posted by handlas (2548 posts) -

Looks pretty good compared to Resistance game and that Call of Duty trailer. Hopefully the story is decent... I thought Killzone 3 was pretty terrible.

eh that's all I got to say. Can't wait! More Vita games!

#2 Posted by EuanDewar (4513 posts) -

NEVER
STOP
PLAYING
NEVER
STOP
PLAYING
NEVER
STOP
PLAYING
NEVER
STOP
PLAYING
NEVER
STOP

#3 Posted by MooseyMcMan (9764 posts) -

FMV: The future of video games.

#4 Posted by handlas (2548 posts) -

@MooseyMcMan said:

Well... 1:20 is when gameplay starts. Just FYI if you ended it before then :)

At least they actually put effort into a Vita trailer tho with actors and costumes and everything!

#5 Posted by mosespippy (3752 posts) -

I've always gone to Killzone for the narrative. I like that there is a big political backstory to go along with the individual personal stories. It makes the small stories seem like a smaller part of the big picture. The notion that everything is done only for a cash payout makes this one seem shallow on that front. If you look at the big selling points of the Killzone games so far you've got:

• The fascists are invading
  • Liberate the planet from the fascists
  • They stole our nukes so we need to invade their planet to get them back
  • We are stranded on the enemy planet and need to find a way home
  • Pay me to kill people

One of these things is not like the others.

#6 Posted by MooseyMcMan (9764 posts) -

@handlas said:

@MooseyMcMan said:

Well... 1:20 is when gameplay starts. Just FYI if you ended it before then :)

At least they actually put effort into a Vita trailer tho with actors and costumes and everything!

I did watch the whole thing. The FMV was easily the most exciting part of it.

#7 Posted by adam1808 (1214 posts) -

Wooo more touch-screen shenanigans, because Golden Abyss didn't get slammed for overusing it.

Is it just me or is Sound Shapes the most interesting thing on the Vita at this point?

#8 Posted by Emiel (607 posts) -

I don't like the swipe-the-screen-to-kill-dude parts

#9 Posted by Venatio (4485 posts) -

@adam1808 said:

Wooo more touch-screen shenanigans, because Golden Abyss didn't get slammed for overusing it.

Is it just me or is Sound Shapes the most interesting thing on the Vita at this point?

Well I'm getting a Vita for Persona 4 Golden when it's cheaper but that's about it for me

The only thing I play on my PSP at this point is P3P, mostly use my 4S for portable gaming

#10 Edited by adam1808 (1214 posts) -

@Venatio: I'll totally give you that. Persona 4 makes whatever platform it's on more interesting. But that's almost a 4 year old game at this point even with the extra stuff they're doing to it. If you're talking NEW new stuff then what has the Vita got going for it at this point?

#11 Posted by TheGreven (30 posts) -

I hope the campaign is long

#12 Posted by Pastajensen (46 posts) -

Hmm, the video did not give me much. But I would love a decent fps on the vita.

#13 Posted by BlackLagoon (1324 posts) -

@Pastajensen: Not the first thing people think of when they say FPS, but Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath has a great Vita port and is actually a solid FPS.

#14 Edited by Pastajensen (46 posts) -

@BlackLagoon: Thanks for the tip, had heard of the game but I somehow thought it was a platformer. I will check it out :)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.