Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Killzone Mercenary

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Sep 04, 2013

PS Vita-exclusive Killzone title from Guerilla Games Cambridge. A side-story to the original Killzone trilogy.

Seriously? You cannot save during missions?

Stete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Ok I know that giving players the convenience to save whenever they want and not waste their time is no longer considered a necessary feature by most game developers, but not allowing you to even save on the fucking checkpoints during missions is just downright bullshit. What kind of cuntery is this? I got so much internet rage right now that this message would have been in all caps if my tablet did not have the decency to make things semi legible.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Fredchuckdave

Does this play like the PSP game did? That was kind of "old school hard" so it would make sense. if it's just an FPS then that's pretty silly.

Stete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fredchuckdave:

Nah, unlike Liberation it's an FPS through and through, a pretty decent one I might add, but this crappy way it handles it's saves is bad for any game let alone a portable one. Admittedly if they wanted to make it challenging then yes I could definitely see the reason to be stingy with save points but the fact that the game frequently checkpoints and yet not saves is just ridiculous. Thankfully it does save your money and gear purchases so not all progress is lost but it's still super annoying that you have to replay huge chunks of the game alongside cutscences which, of course are unskippable.

squiDc00kiE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Umm... the vita can sleep. As long as the battery doesn't die, you never really NEED save points

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Umm... the vita can sleep. As long as the battery doesn't die, you never really NEED save points

If you want to play another game though, or even open certain other apps, you have to close the current open game.

Stete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Stete
    @xyzygy said:

@squidc00kie said:

If you want to play another game though, or even open certain other apps, you have to close the current open game.

Pretty much this. Killzone Mercenary is pretty and plays ok, but it can get boring pretty fast so if you want to keep playing then you either boot up another game and lose your progress or slog through the mission and keep playing a game which currently doesn't stimulate you which turns gameplay into a chore.

squiDc00kiE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By squiDc00kiE

@stete: Good point, I didn't think of that.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.