Killzone comes to PlayStation 4.

3 videos 3 different approaches

Darji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Here are 3 different videos from the same scene but each with a different approach. I think it is a good showcase for this game

Badass:

Stealth

Keyser

Overall I am pretty impressed by this game. I hope this is what the future of shooter will be in terms of linearity^^

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Top of my play list on launch day.

PufferFiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 6

daammmnn it why do all the launch bundles have to be sold out!!!! :(

thebunnyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That actually looks pretty damn cool and fun. I just hope there is a good amount of what is being shown in these videos.

zaccheus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

It's surprising how little choice it takes to make me more interested in a new FPS.

Dallas_Raines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By Dallas_Raines

Yeah, I'm not playing stealth if it's all breaching.

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By glots

This is looking pretty swell, indeed. Here's hoping that my KZ bundle got reserved in time...

roboculus92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Consider me cautiously optimistic.

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
    TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 14

Already bought my copy from Gamestop. It'll probably be the first thing I play on my Ps4. It only seems fitting given the very first game I played on my Ps3 was Killzone 2.

Bane122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't understand how the first and third videos were really that different.

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#11  Edited By Sooty

Ouch, dat framerate.

Looks pretty, as most Killzone games have.

Avatar image for colourful_hippie
    colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Looks cool other than the stealth parts being relying too heavily on the CoD breach style bullshit of slowing down all the time.

mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

this game increasingly looks awesome.

i just really hope they nail the story

me3639

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

Having just finished Deus Ex HR Directors cut so glad there is another title, in the realm of Crysis, giving you that choice of how you want to play.

kishinfoulux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's very much giving off a Crysis 2 vibe, which is great. If I were getting a PS4, instead of an XB1, this would be my title.

Avatar image for mycroft_ampersand
    Mycroft_Ampersand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I noticed in the stealth version that it was mentioned that some of the hostiles escaped at the end, but not in any of the others. I wonder if that is something that will actually matter in the game and make your choice of play cause different situations later?

pweidman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By pweidman

Damn that was impressive. Really reminds me of Crysis more than KZ though, lol. Too late to get a PS4 for next week?

Andorski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Andorski

Call me crazy, but I don't think bursting through a door and shooting up everyone in the room is considered stealth. The player even shoots and breaks a window in the first breach.

Also, what's the difference between "badass" and "keyser"?

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
    deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

@andorski said:

Intentional sadism, I assume.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#20  Edited By musubi

Yeah, that looks okay. But see that is just the problem. Killzone games are always "okay" or "alright" and never anything more.

Darji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Darji

@andorski said:

Call me crazy, but I don't think bursting through a door and shooting up everyone in the room is considered stealth. The player even shoots and breaks a window in the first breach.

The difference is how you approach with these zip lines for example.

Avatar image for killer_meatballs
    killer_meatballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I think it's pretty cool you have different options. Definitely freshens up the gameplay.

Krullban

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I still want a Killzone game where I can play as the good guys.

Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#24  Edited By Pie

The music in this is real weird. What's with the "fummmmmmm" every 7 seconds?

Looks pretty cool anyway

Bane122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darji: The zip line's the only big difference though, this really is two approaches with a slight variance on one of them.

AlexGBRO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@demoskinos: well with a good multiplayer this could end up a good game, i know it is hard to face with COD and BF,

the stuff with the create game and costom rules could keep player coming back and also the dlc maps are free so KZ::SF can sell 2/3 mil copies a good number in my opinion

Grissefar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Grissefar

@andorski said:

And what is the deal with the magical handcuffs?

Anyway, I guess it's cool to see enemies through walls, use bullet time etc.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

@alexgbro: This game won't sell 2 Million. The entire install base of the PS4 would be lucky to break 3 million before. The end of the year.

Kain55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Kain55

Well I think this game actually looks pretty cool. I'm curious to see how it turns out. It seems like a lot of people are dismissing it out of hand just because of the Killzone name which seems like a shame to me.

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darji said:

Overall I am pretty impressed by this game. I hope this is what the future of shooter will be in terms of linearity^^

I know it's not really a shooter (kind of) but Human Revolution and even original Deus Ex were both way more open than this. I don't get why games like Killzone don't attempt more of the hub stuff, at least early on, use a hub type open world with less action focus and then build into the larger conflict which can result in lots of shooting and massacring generic soldiers. Not every FPS needs to start doing that from the beginning, it's a trope at this point.

Maybe this is their attempt to do that.

Spoonman671

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Those Helghast are rocking some sick kicks.

DeF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@andorski said:

Glad I'm not the only one who isn't impressed by this. The difference between Badass and Keyser was that in the latter, they used that flying robot device to stun the bowling pins ...errr AI.

I would've preferred a fourth option where the player does NOT turn on cheat-vision and bullet time any chance they get. See if that winds up looking fun.

fr0br0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Did the AI seem frustratingly stupid to anybody else? You kick in a door and they turn in the opposite direction from where the door is. You blow open a wall with explosives and the Helghast in that room don't budge or bother to find cover as if the explosion was somebody ripping one.

Darji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sooty said:

@darji said:

I know it's not really a shooter (kind of) but Human Revolution and even original Deus Ex were both way more open than this. I don't get why games like Killzone don't attempt more of the hub stuff, at least early on, use a hub type open world with less action focus and then build into the larger conflict which can result in lots of shooting and massacring generic soldiers. Not every FPS needs to start doing that from the beginning, it's a trope at this point.

Deus Ex was more an RPG than a shooter that is why it was so open. Killzone is a pure shooter.

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
    MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By MariachiMacabre

@darji said:

@sooty said:

@darji said:

Deus Ex was more an RPG than a shooter that is why it was so open. Killzone is a pure shooter.

That doesn't really answer his question at all. Being a shooter doesn't mean it can't have some sort of hub area.

EuanDewar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Im probably gonna be getting an X1 come Chrimbo but this game does look cool, very pretty indeed.

SomeDeliCook

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sooty said:

@darji said:

Because slowly building from fighting 2 or 3 guys at a time to 20 more elite enemies at a time near the end of the game is also a generic trope.

Duke Nukem Forever had a slow start with hardly any action and let you roam around and interact with stuff before FINALLY getting into action levels, and that was one of the biggest faults people had against it.

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Sooty

@somedelicook said:

@sooty said:

@darji said:

Because slowly building from fighting 2 or 3 guys at a time to 20 more elite enemies at a time near the end of the game is also a generic trope.

Not really. There's a difference between simply having a few enemies for the first hour to ease you into the game vs making it fit properly into the narrative. Most games just throw people at you because shoot things.

sjwho2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aw i could have just dropped off the side of the building? GAH WHY DIDN"T I THINK OF THAT!!!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.