Killzone comes to PlayStation 4.

Is Killzone:SF worth $40?

bobcat1794

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I recently got a PS4 and picked up AC4 and BF4 and although they are plenty to keep me entertained I see that Killzoen is on sale. I've heard mixed things so I was wondering if it was worth the decreased price.

SomeDeliCook

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I think it's the most disappointing game I have (AC4, BF4, Ryse, Deadrising 3, Killzone SF) by a huge amount.

It's pretty, and thats it. I also think the multiplayer is incredibly dull and slow. Assassin's Creed 4 is definitely the best of the bunch, so stick with it and BF4 for your multiplayer

wallee321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No, I don't believe its worth that price. The controls felt awkward, I couldn't stop noticing how short the main character is, the platforming is bad, anything more than a handful of enemies is terrible, talk of the free falling section aren't an exaggeration it really is horrible and the last couple missions are a HUGE drag. This was my first Killzone game and I wanted to like it, but I really think it is bad game, shame really.

With that said their are couple scenes where the game looks absolutely stunning (both space stations, helicopter, ect..), but I remember another user putting it best, "I knew this game was a Bimbo, but damn is it stupid."

I can't speak for the quality of the multi-player part of the game.

Hunkulese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Hunkulese

Do you like multiplayer? It's probably the best multiplayer shooter on the console but if we're talking single player value $40 is probably about $25 too much.

Mustainium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Mustainium
    @hunkulese said:

It's probably the best multiplayer shooter on the console

No Caption Provided

Shadow Fall has no redeeming features. None.

I have no idea how Sony let such an awful game slide out, they're usually somewhat on top of the quality of their exclusives.

Seriously OP, don't do it. Buy Injustice if you're yearning for another PS4 title, it's on sale as well.

SomeDeliCook

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No, I don't believe its worth that price. The controls felt awkward, I couldn't stop noticing how short the main character is, the platforming is bad, anything more than a handful of enemies is terrible, talk of the free falling section aren't an exaggeration it really is horrible and the last couple missions are a HUGE drag. This was my first Killzone game and I wanted to like it, but I really think it is bad game, shame really.

With that said their are couple scenes where the game looks absolutely stunning (both space stations, helicopter, ect..), but I remember another user putting it best, "I knew this game was a Bimbo, but damn is it stupid."

I can't speak for the quality of the multi-player part of the game.

And I remember there was an interview where the developers said because of a new generation of hardware they are able to make the player 'taller'

Bullshit

SadPatrol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By SadPatrol

No.

Marcsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Marcsman

No. only PS4 purchase I regret.

PolyesterPimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bought it used, returned it for BF4 best decision of this generation. Worst decision? buying a ps4 so early. absolutely no games out for it but i shouldve known that

bwheeeler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By bwheeeler

I'd wait for it to go free on PS+!

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
    TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 14

#11  Edited By TheManWithNoPlan

I bought it day one with the mindset it was a launch title and wouldn't be perfect, and I can honestly say I legitimately enjoyed the game right up until the halfway point when it promptly shit the bed and became incredibly boring and generic. I'm sure others would say it was that way from the beginning, but to each their own.

I'm not joking when I say I was blown away by the game's visuals when I saw it in person. If you haven't been playing Pc titles for the past few years on a high end rig and want to see something that visually looks next gen then this game delivers, but if you're looking for a tight game all throughout then you'll be disappointed. I would say get it if you're really starved for games on your new console, but I don't know for 40 dollars. Maybe wait till it's 30, or better yet on Ps+.

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Got it as part of the PS4 bundle, so naturally I played it. Still playing, actually, since I got stuck in a reaaaally annyoing part and only continued from it yesterday. It certainly was better in the beginning of it, like mentioned in the previous post. Too bad other alternatives, Ghosts and BF4, don't really shine with their campaigns either, from what I've gathered. Never been that much into online gaming, so that doesn't count for much.

strainedeyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I enjoyed it and thought the multiplayer was fun.

spraynardtatum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes. The multiplayer is really great and all the DLC maps will be free. Also it's gorgeous.

It's the ps4 game I've been playing the most.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

No, play Battlefield 4 instead.

KillEm_Dafoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 6

I liked the campaign quite a bit. People have really blown some of it out of proportion. The last 2 levels are probably the worst part of the game, but I didn't think they were total shit or anything. It's not revolutionary by any means, nor would I consider it a great or must-own title, but it's not preposterously bad like some would have you believe. The multiplayer is pretty fun, too.

I would recommend BF4 as an overall better game, though.

TheHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#17  Edited By TheHBK

Not even close.

scroll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

People really hate this game huh? I found the single player to be... Tolerable, I got lost a few times which is unfortunate since the combat is pretty satisfying when its done right.

I gave up on the multiplayer purely because I don't stick with multiplayer games for long but the sniper rifles felt pretty nice.

AMyggen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By AMyggen

@scroll: I can only speak for myself here; I don't hate the game, I just think it's pretty bad. Played it at a friend's hourse, and the only good thing I can say about the single player is that it looks really good (even though some parts don't look that hot, but overall it's the most impressive current gen game, visually). But holy SHIT is the game some generic, run of the mill stuff. The first 2/3 of the game is okay for what it is, but it falls to absolute shit after that with bad level design. It's pretty obvious that they were rushed trying to get the game out at launch. They also do fuck all with what is a pretty interesting universe, the story is straight up bad.

Heard some good things about the multiplayer though, which I haven't touched.

So, the SP isn't worth nearly $40.

Spoonman671

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Multiplayer is fun.

chrissedoff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For $40? Better to wait for when it's $4.

Hunkulese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mustainium: You clearly didn't play the game. Sure it has some flaws but it does plenty of great things and the multiplayer is legitimately awesome. I know it's more fun though to jump on the internet hate train without constructing your own opinion, so have fun with that.

crithon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#23  Edited By crithon

So Killzone 3 went free to play on it's multplayer, is that going to be likely with shadowfall?

Fierrze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Fierrze

I would say yes, it is worth it. I got this with the bundle and i have to say the game is really pretty if nothing else. I also enjoyed the gameplay, because it was more freeform than earlier Killzones and wasn't always up your face about the objectives and routes you have to take through the levels. Too bad that the couple of last levels are pretty shitty.

Multiplayer is pretty fun, but it is weird that most of the maps are so small and with the 24 player count they can sometimes get little bit too chaotic.

In the end i think this is the best Killzone, because it is the first one i have ever finished to the end and also had fun doing so.

Mustainium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Mustainium

@mustainium: You clearly didn't play the game. Sure it has some flaws but it does plenty of great things and the multiplayer is legitimately awesome. I know it's more fun though to jump on the internet hate train without constructing your own opinion, so have fun with that.

What would I possibly have to gain by lying about playing this game?

MetalBaofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#26  Edited By MetalBaofu

As far as the campaign goes, no, it's not at all worth it. I played very little of the multiplayer, so I can't really comment on that.

Bloodgraiv3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

I'd say so, yes.

natedawg_kz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

Just depends if you are a multiplayer guy or not? Killzone is only really popular for it's fun multiplayer . l'd say it's worth the price for the multiplayer alone tbh. Unfortunately the campign is garbage so it really comes down to if you're fan of multiplayer. If you are l'd say it's a must.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I actually enjoyed Shadow Fall I thought it was fun. Though some parts of the game is a pain in the ass, but overall the game wasn't bad to me.

ll_Exile_ll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#30  Edited By ll_Exile_ll

@crithon said:

So Killzone 3 went free to play on it's multplayer, is that going to be likely with shadowfall?

Killzone 3 was never free to play. They released a free multiplayer trial that let you play to level 15, at which point it cut you off.

Quarters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Quarters

I thought it was pretty great. Weird ending, but outside of that, I enjoyed it.

crithon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ll_exile_ll: I did say the multiplayer, you can pay 15 bucks to have custom games and access botzone.

ll_Exile_ll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#33  Edited By ll_Exile_ll

@crithon said:

@ll_exile_ll: I did say the multiplayer, you can pay 15 bucks to have custom games and access botzone.

But it was just a limited trial. World of Warcraft let's you play to a certain point without paying, but no one calls that free-to-play. They didn't have free-to-play hooks and once you got to the trial level cap you had to pay or you couldn't continue playing.

Lava

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 8

I love the multiplayer in Shadow Fall. Controls feel great and have a weight to them not like other games currently on the console. I will say that the single player is not very good. I haven't even finished it, I gave up a few hours in. But I've sunk a lot of time into the multiplayer and am still doing so.

crithon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ll_exile_ll: Your right, but I was just asking if they would try to do something like that in splitting up multiplayer again.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.