Killzone Multiplayer any Good? (poll)

DonPixel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By DonPixel

Poll Killzone Multiplayer any Good? (poll) (98 votes)

Badass 40%
    Bonkers 22%
    Bananas 23%
    Bastardy Bad 12%

I have a few extra cash, so I may buy a PS4 and fall for a next-"gen" console. Problem is the only game I'm remotely interesting is Killzone Shadow Fall, mainly because I enjoyed KZ2 and KZ3 multi-player quite a bit.

For you guys playing next gen matches is this any good?, Did Guerrilla kept the multi player killzon-ess in shadow fall or is it a COD clone now?

Cheers.

• 
    jimmyfenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By jimmyfenix

You should have put Banderas in as a poll choice to make neogaf happy.

DonPixel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By DonPixel

You should have Banderas in as a poll choice to make neogaf happy.

damm it! missed it

dezvous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

There's nothing about the new multiplayer that feels like anything but Killzone, rest assured. It's just as unique and awesome as it always has been, I too really enjoyed the break from the norm that Killzone has always provided.

If anything it feels like Halo, but not in gameplay, just in game customization. The custom warzones are an awesome idea and it's going to take a bit before some fun and creative new warzones surface but I'm confident they will. I've already played a couple of interesting configurations.

If you liked Killzone and you've got the money, Shadow Fall is pretty great.

DonPixel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dezvous said:

There's nothing about the new multiplayer that feels like anything but Killzone, rest assured. It's just as unique and awesome as it always has been, I too really enjoyed the break from the norm that Killzone has always provided.

Nice! good to hear this!

Nefarious_Al

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It is pretty fun.

ep_driver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

Maybe it's because I was playing Battlefield all day before it, but Killzone's multiplayer felt "empty". Not in the sense of player count, it just kind of seemed lifeless to me. I guess it just comes down to game design or atmosphere? Then again this is my first Killzone game so the way the game feels might just not be my thing. Looks pretty though!

SSully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Maybe it's because I was playing Battlefield all day before it, but Killzone's multiplayer felt "empty". Not in the sense of player count, it just kind of seemed lifeless to me. I guess it just comes down to game design or atmosphere? Then again this is my first Killzone game so the way the game feels might just not be my thing. Looks pretty though!

I had the same feeling after playing battlefield. I dont know if that is it or if its the game, because I remember killzone 2 being super hectic. I only had one match that had that feeling in Shadow Fall, the rest had that 'empty' feeling. I had fun with it, but it just made me want to play battlefield.

sjwho2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've had good experiences with it.

I'd say not better than killzone 3 for one small reason: less people. Other than that and every class being balanced, its better. I prefer my support to be support, i prefer my assault to BE an assault. In this game no matter what class you pick they generally all play the same outside of whatever they drop on the ground.

7v7 matches are fine, but man do some of the maps need that 12v12 action for how big they are. Takes me awhile to find people sometimes.

Haruko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9  Edited By Haruko

The multiplayer seems awesome but Jesus Fucking Christ do they NEED to do some balancing on teams because I have in 4 hours of play time to win a match or even a round as I always wind up playing against some fucking assholes who all have the same fucking tag in the PSN name.

ll_Exile_ll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@ssully said:

@ep_driver said:

I had the same feeling after playing battlefield. I dont know if that is it or if its the game, because I remember killzone 2 being super hectic. I only had one match that had that feeling in Shadow Fall, the rest had that 'empty' feeling. I had fun with it, but it just made me want to play battlefield.

So far the 14 player servers are the ones listed on the front page, but I think they're going to start promoting the 24 player servers shortly.

As to the original question, if you like Killzone's specific brand of multiplayer, Shadow Fall is a better looking version of that.

Zirilius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11  Edited By Zirilius

I have to say that for the most part I am not enjoying the multiplayer at all. I can't quite put my finger on what it is cause I really liked Killzone 2 and 3's multiplayer quite a bit but there is definitely something amiss.

I think my biggest gripe is how quickly I feel I die. Might be a latency thing since I'm playing over a wireless connection (which mind you I've had minimal issues with before). Maybe I just really suck that bad but I feel like I'm largely working against the system. It just feels like I take less bullets to get dead than in previous KZ games and that's not a good thing with how slow the players move.

The unlocks to me seem pretty lackluster as well. I like the abilities but there are some fundamental changes that I don't like. I dislike that when I stealth as a scout I can't use any other weapon but the knife. I dislike that a large population of the players only use turrets or drones. I dislike no open voice chat as it really makes certain game modes hard (beacon, search and destroy attack/defend).

For the meantime I am done playing the multiplayer for now though. Maybe I'll get back into it but we'll see. Got other things to tide me over such as Assassin's Creed and hopefully Battlefield next week.

TaunT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think the "# of challenges completed" as a persistent progress marker is weird. I have found while it keeps a good track of the challenges I have completed the other stats it has are just kind of wrong. The number of games I have played, win/loss ratio, kills, deaths, etc is pretty off.

The game itself for at me at least suddenly got a lot harder. It rewards you for knowing which guns, attachments, and perks to use and really punish you if you don't. I may just be really bad at this game but you can't treat it like CoD in the future. I think it's pretty fun, looks great, and I just played the 24 player team deathmatch warzone thing and enjoyed it, even if I did terribly, my team barely scraped by a win, and my profile didn't count it.

frankiebeanz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

its way too slow and nothing about it stands out about it for me its just a mess. wish I bout NFS

Opus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#14  Edited By Opus

The multiplayer redeems what would otherwise be a middling game. I really appreciate that you don't have to grind 30 levels to get that awesome gun, and all of the maps have a nice degree of verticality. I achieved my first drop-down melee in "The Parlor" map and it was incredibly satisfying. "Yeah, that just happened guy. Wait for your respawn"

I think turrets and sentry drones have a bit too much health though, combined with how frequently you can set them up it makes the support class pretty friggin' powerful. It takes two shots of the anti-automata launcher attachment to take them out, there's such a long reload on that thing that it makes it all seem really excessive.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like the word "bastard" a lot.

Spoonman671

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Spoonman671

I went with "bonkers". The game is a lot of fun, but the maps are much more cramped than previous Killzone games. Lines of sight are extremely limited. There is some frustration with apparent one-hit-kills and bullet-sponges, both of which I assume are the result of latency. Still can be quite satisfying in a hectic mayhem sort of way. The game lets you do crazy stuff too, like emergency teleport and call in all kinds of different drones.

Side Note: Why doesn't Giant Bomb's spell check recognize the word "teleport"?

thebunnyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I went Bananananas....idk why. I like Killzone Shadow Fall's multiplayer, it has a nice deliberate pace and warzones are cool. The class abilities are nice and the maps seem to be alright. I would be playing this alot more if Battlefield 4 wasnt so damn good.

mpgeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By mpgeist

I've been playing a bunch of it and I like it quite a bit. Honestly I'd be playing Battlefield 4 more, but that crashes about 10 minutes into every match I play so it's been nice having Killzone.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.