Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Killzone: Shadow Fall

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Nov 15, 2013

Killzone comes to PlayStation 4.

Lack of "clearness" for fonts in the game. (TV issues?)

Strife777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Strife777

Final edit: Nevermind! S'all good! Wow, I can't believe I played all the way through AC4 and Knack with my TV like this. Looks like I jumped from SD to HD, FINALLY! Thanks again.

Edit 2: Well it seems the webpage where I would get said firmware update doesn't want to load. It's just a blank white page for me.

Edit: This title doesn't seem to make any sense.

So I noticed when I booted up my PS4 for the first time last week, that the fonts and other things, such as icons, seemed to be jaggie, as in aliased. I didn't think too much of it, since it was easily readable and my settings were saying it was spitting out at 1080p.

Today though, I started playing Killzone, and I noticed the same issue with the font, especially with the objective window, which is written smaller. I can make out what it says, but it's hard to read, to the point where an upper case i is practically non-existent.

So my question is, is it the same for everyone? Am I just being somehow picky and or crazy? Is my TV perhaps not set up properly?

Thing is, I've never had any issue with my PS3. The XMB is super clean, clear and crisp. So dude, I don't know.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

I took this from my iPad, so it might not look the best in the first picture, but that's basically how I see it. As I said, I can tell it says "Infiltrate the purification plant" but this seems weird if it looks as intended.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

@strife777: Try adjusting your TV's sharpness setting.

Berserker976

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Berserker976

I'm guessing your TV is a Sony? It looks like an issue people have had with PS4s on certain Sony TVs.

Thankfully you can completely fix it by updating your TV's firmware.

Opus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Opus

This was totally the time to use the share button on that first picture, and it flew over your head.

I actually had the same problem, all text visuals on the PS4 looked jagged on my screen. The fix I had to perform seems asinine even today; I needed to update the firmware of my TV by plugging in a flash drive with only the software on it.

I'm still trying to figure out the logic of how that fixed everything when the update only contained some sleep/wake mode options. But by god it worked like a charm.

Strife777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By Strife777

@opus: I actually thought about it, but it seemed to not have the problem somehow. It looked fine, so I had to take a picture myself.

I do have a Sony TV, and now that you guys mention it, I also remember hearing about those issues, can't believe I didn't think about it.

I'll get right on it, thanks a bunch guys.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.