Question on multi-player

sarahsdad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 21

#1  Edited By sarahsdad

I tried out the MP this weekend, and while some of it was fun, I found a fair number of times that I was unable to tell who was or wasn't on my team until it was too late. I know that the primary colors for the teams are red and blue, but there were more than a few times that I couldn't make out the color until I was getting shot at, and by then it was usually too late.

I've never been a FPS fan, but with the switch in systems (had a 360, now moved to PS4) and change in generations, I want to give MP in games another go. Since I'm still "green", it's entirely possible that I was too taken up with trying to learn the loadouts, weapons, skills, etc. to see something that more experienced folks would easily pick up on.

Short form: What other cues could I look for, besides red / blue lights, and "shoot that guy who's trying to kill you"

SSully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

Besides the colors the biggest clue is just the uniforms/character design. ISA troops have various blue lights on their uniforms and have a cleaner design overall then helghast. Helghast on the other hand always have red eyes and wear black. They usually have a dark industrial design. Just know which team you are on and go from there.

spraynardtatum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By spraynardtatum

I usually just shoot at the people that don't have a green name above their head. Also you could quick check the radar or use the aoe recon ability that allows you to spot enemies for your whole team. I almost always just shoot to make sure. An x will show up on your reticle if you're hitting an enemy.

On top of that you could remember if you're on the team with the helgan masks or the team without the helgan masks.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

The helgan and ISA have pretty distinctive silhouettes. You just need to play a bit more to pick up on it.

sarahsdad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 21

@spraynardtatum:

I may have to tinker with the color or some other setting in the game; I rarely noticed what color the names above their head was; maybe bumping contrast up if I can find it.

Thanks for the note about the recon ability; I tried it a few times, but couldn't tell if it was working. Does it highlight all soldiers in range, or just the enemy?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.