So, I was at one of those places where this was in a clearance bin and said, "why not?" If I do get PS4 I would want to play KZ so might as well pick play through the franchise. I was going to play this while listening to a charity podcast over the weekend.
Now, I think I had rented this when it came out on the PS2 probably in 04-05, but never finished it and don't really remember anything about it but the beach/boat scene. I'm not a terrible gamer or play that many games, but this kicked my butt. I don't know if the port is just atrocious or I need to never pick up a controller again.
- Controls are crazy, R2 is grenade... (quicklook pointed this out)
- Fog of war is about 2 feet, I don't remember PS2 fog this much.
- Zoom is useless
- There is no accuracy. you can keep the cross hairs on a fixed point and maybe 1 round out of clip will hit that spot.
- Animations are painfully slow, switching weapons is a 4-5 second action that involves a lot of death.
- No check point system what so ever.
- Hitboxes are really odd like shooting the arm is more effective than head.
- Everyone can absorb lead non stop but you.
- NPC's are beyond useless
The fog of war one is the really frustrating, made me break a controller, issue. So there are parts where this guy with a grenade launcher sits out of your view just a slight fog outline. Sure you can rest your sights on his head and fire one shot at a time and not one will hit him and it takes about 12 hits to kill him. One well placed grenade kills you too. This sequence is about 10 minutes into that level as well. So, had to redo it all. This one section took me 51 minutes to beat... At this point I'm like 13 hours invested and I haven't even shut the system off since I don't know if it is saving or not. I have no idea how far I am in. I don't even care about the story because the voice acting is annoying and just bad at this point. I had a lady friend of mine over on Sunday while we were winding down I decided to add some time into this. She was frightened by my anger and frustration as well I almost hit her with a six axis. She put pillows between us in the bed that night...
So, here I am it's a Wednesday at 4 AM and slightly drunk because I needed to drink in order to play this and I have to leave for work in a couple of hours.
Am I the only one that thinks this or tried to play this through?
Why am I forcing the RAGE on myself to beat this game? Guys, I need help...