Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Killzone Trilogy

Game » consists of 2 releases. Released Oct 23, 2012

The Killzone collection includes a remastered HD version of Killzone with a full set of trophies, Killzone 2 and Killzone 3 with all multiplayer map packs included for both games.

Totally getting this

Emiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Emiel

Who's with me?

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#2  Edited By TheHT

It'd be nice to play Killzone 1, but I already own 2 and 3, so I'll pass.

FriedConsole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By FriedConsole

I really like Killzone 1 better than 2 & 3 but I played Killzone 1 in 2006 so I don't know how it will hold up. Killzone 1 was the only story that was coherent to me. The gameplay was of its time so I don't know how it will hold up.

Killzone 2 & 3 entire story seemed like nothing characters yelling "OH SHHHIIIIIIITTTT".

Killzone 1 had some great levels and then some levels were like "did they finish this"? There were like empty spaces where it seemed like something should go but they ran out of time. The ending boss was hilariously bad with just a poorly textured dude who spins in circles you just shoot a few times.

Emiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Emiel

I never played 1 and I'd really like to replay 2 and 3.

Marcsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Marcsman

@TheHT said:

Ditto

huntad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 13

#6  Edited By huntad

Not saying this looks bad, but just wanted to say Sony's really been going at it with these HD collections. Do they lock down third party HD collections exclusively as well (like Splinter Cell and Prince of Persia)? I usually end up buying the last gen games cause they're dirt cheap when these collections come out!

Anyways, no I'm probably not going to get it. Have fun with it though. I enjoyed the 2nd and 3rd ones.

Avatar image for deactivated-63f899c29358e
    deactivated-63f899c29358e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I already own Killzone 2 and 3, but I would like to play the first... Nah, forget it, I'm not getting that.

Also it's almost too many HD collections by Sony. What will be next? Uncharted HD Trilogy Collection?

DarthOrange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 19

#8  Edited By DarthOrange

I have not played any of the previous Killzone games, I was always a Resistance man myself. Hell yea I'm getting this!

landon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By landon

The Killzone games were all kind of boring shooters.

mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

#10  Edited By mosespippy

I'll probably get this. I only played KZ1 as a rental. I never owned it despite liking it. My roommate stole my copy of 2 and sold it (and 9 other games of mine) to pay for his cell phone bill. My brother in law has been playing my copy of KZ3 all day (in 3d) and it would be nice to be able to play multiplayer with him

@FriedConsole: The story for 2 and 3 is likely incoherent for you since the set up for the invasion of Helghan is Killzone Liberation.

RE_Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By RE_Player1

I sold 2 and 3 so I'll pick this up so I can have them again along with all the dlc and Killzone HD.

Emiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Emiel

@mosespippy said:

I'll probably get this. I only played KZ1 as a rental. I never owned it despite liking it. My roommate stole my copy of 2 and sold it (and 9 other games of mine) to pay for his cell phone bill. My brother in law has been playing my copy of KZ3 all day (in 3d) and it would be nice to be able to play multiplayer with him

@FriedConsole: The story for 2 and 3 is likely incoherent for you since the set up for the invasion of Helghan is Killzone Liberation.

Your roommate sounds like a great guy

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 5

#13  Edited By JasonR86

I'm good. I have KZ2, have no interest in KZ1, and will likely buy KZ3 for much, much cheaper through Amazon.

RazielCuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By RazielCuts

@TheHT: I can imagine they'd release them separately on PSN. if thats the case I might pick up the 1st one, was fun at the time.

WightnNerdy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

#15  Edited By WightnNerdy
    @Marcsman said:

@TheHT said:

Ditto

Same here.
    Spoonman671

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Spoonman671

I know that the first Killzone will not be fun to go back to, and I already have platinums in 2 and 3.

mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

#17  Edited By mosespippy

@Emiel said:

@mosespippy said:

Your roommate sounds like a great guy

The one good thing I can say about him is that he cherry picked all the garbage that I was least likely to play again. For example;

• God of War for PS2 since the PS3 GoW collection was also on the shelf
    • Driv3r
    • Killzone 2, since Killzone 3 was on the shelf
    • Medal of Honour: Frontline
    • Brutal Legend

Unfortunately I am the sort of person who could grab any game off my shelf and play it for nostalgia, no matter how bad a game it was. The only good game that he took that I didn't have a sequel or remastered version of was Red Dead Redemption.

lego_my_eggo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#18  Edited By lego_my_eggo

@RazielCuts said:

@TheHT: I can imagine they'd release them separately on PSN. if thats the case I might pick up the 1st one, was fun at the time.

They are.

I already own all 3, and i didn't really like KZ1, so i have no reason to buy this collection. But i am definitely looking at some of there other collections, getting that god of war collection for sure.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.