Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Killzone Trilogy

Game » consists of 2 releases. Released Oct 23, 2012

The Killzone collection includes a remastered HD version of Killzone with a full set of trophies, Killzone 2 and Killzone 3 with all multiplayer map packs included for both games.

what is the best killzone??

gazcrawfo8692

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By gazcrawfo8692

what is ur favourite killzone and why??

impartialgecko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By impartialgecko

3. Because it doesn't feel clunky unlike 1 and 2 did. Rico was also less of a dick, although not by much.

jayjonesjunior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By jayjonesjunior

3 overall, liked the SP in 2 but the MP was horrible.

mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

#4  Edited By mosespippy

Killzone Liberation. The top down view allowed for you to be more tactical. Things like staying in cover and moving into position to silently kill the guy with the radio for back up made the gameplay more dynamic. The variety of enemies is pretty good. I don't think they've used spider mines or dogs since. It had loads of vehicles (hover craft, jet pack, dune buggy, tank and maybe something else). If you had squad mates you could give them orders like defend this position and they wouldn't just shoot the wall like they did in KZ2.

Eight player online is the perfect amount of players. It's big enough that things are going on but small enough that you can coordinate with your team. The fact that everybody spawns with a syringe that they can use to heal other players but not themselves is great because it encourages teamwork. You could set the starting default weapon to any weapon in the game but all weapons had a weapon that would defeat it if you went up against it. Revolver was strong to the LMG, LMG was strong to rocket launcher, rocket launcher was strong to the assault riffles, and so on.

I really wish they'd release the KZ:Liberation multiplayer on PSN for PS3. With the hacking on the PSP people use cheats like fully automatic sniper riffles, infinite grenades, increased run speed, and many other things that just make that game fucked. It was good for the three or four weeks before there were hackers though.

metalmoog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By metalmoog

I thought Killzone 2 had the best multiplayer and Killzone 3 had the best single player. If Guerrilla could merge the best from both we would have one hell of a game. Still waiting for a Helghast campaign too, the ISA are lunkheaded dicks.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#6  Edited By Justin258

2, since it's the only one I have completed.

Masha2932

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Masha2932

@mosespippy: Oh man, I really enjoyed Killzone Liberation. The game fit the platform so well. Only killzone game I've played as well.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#8  Edited By nightriff

Never completed 2 because the final boss was fucking terrible so......1 or 3 are the best Killzones.

freakin9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By freakin9

2 was the best one. 3 wasn't really that great. 1 had awful pixelation going for it.

bchampnd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By bchampnd

I really liked KZ3 because I'm terrible at shooters so the campaign was manageable for me (read: it was easy) and I was able to find a role for myself in multiplayer (engineer).

I really wanted to like KZ2 more because Visari was such a great villain. I just had a very difficult time with the single player near the end of KZ2 which spoiled the fun for me.

mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By mosespippy

@Masha2932: Did you play the downloadable expansion for Liberation or just the main game? They put out 4 extra missions about 6 months after the game came out so not a whole lot of people played them. Probably 3 of the best missions in the game are in the expansion.

Levius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Levius

I fell into a deep Killzone 3 multiplayer hole, and any campaign that can be played co-op is a big plus for me. So Killzone 3 for me.

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By mordukai

@jayjonesjunior said:

3 overall, liked the SP in 2 but the MP was horrible.

I am the complete opposite. I really dislike the SP in Killzone 3 and I think the changes they made in the MP, while clearing many issue the 2nd one had, is not as strong as the second one.

Overall I think Killzone 3 was a major step down from Killzone 2.

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#14  Edited By Sackmanjones

I prefer KZ3 over 2 but still I still quite a good game

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 10

#15  Edited By GunstarRed

2 for the great campaign and 3 for the great multiplayer.

handlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By handlas

Killzone 3's singleplayer was absolute rubbish. Terrible story. 2 wasn't great but certainly better.

2 also had better MP because the maps were just far better and there was more strategy I thought since one of the classes could throw down grenades to spawn teammates. 3 was just a chaotic mess and the maps didn't have very good layouts. I think most people felt the same becasue the MP maps that came out as DLC didn't seem to get many players. At least when I bought them barely anyone played them (when they first came out).

Been thinking about trying Killzone 1.

MarvelousMehki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd say Killzone 2 is the best because it has a better multiplayer then number 3 and the game was much harder then any other Killzone. Then I'd say number 3 because its still a pretty hard story mode but not that much of a good multiplayer as number 2 and then I'd say number 1.

Otacon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Killzone 3 is a great game and turned my view around on the franchise. Me and a friend played through it on co op and had an absolute blast. I pretty much got to the last boss in 2, realised it had got late and stopped playing, then never bothered to put the disc back in again. It annoys me a bit when people label killzone as a sci fi FPS created to tick boxes, like cliffy b did on the live stream. Sure it might have started that way, but it's actually become a great franchise since.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.