Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Killzone

Franchise »

A sci-fi first-person/third-person shooter franchise for Sony platforms, developed by Guerrilla Games.

Best Campaign?

Afroman269

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By Afroman269

Which campaign did you prefer the most, Killzone 2 or 3? 

I'm siding with Killzone 3 just because I think that it's more memorable than the second game. I barely remember what went on in Killzone 2's campaign. I only remember the ending of it where your hate for Rico multiplies by 100. Also the diverse environments in 3 were pretty cool.

KarlPilkington

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#2  Edited By KarlPilkington

3 definitely, I enjoyed the set pieces more, and everything in general was improved gameplay wise. The more varied environments helped aswell.

Spoonman671

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Spoonman671
    @Afroman269 said:
    " Which campaign did you prefer the most, Killzone 2 or 3?  I'm siding with Killzone 3 just because I think that it's more memorable than the second game. I barely remember what went on in Killzone 2's campaign. I only remember the ending of it where your hate for Rico multiplies by 100. Also the diverse environments in 3 were pretty cool. "
    I agree with you, but I also think that Killzone 2's campaign was more polished.  I can't say for sure which I prefer until I spend some more time with 3.
    Afroman269

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Afroman269
    @Spoonman671: Polished in what way? I'm tempted to go back into it to just compare and since it has the high precision update it wouldn't be too bad. Killzone 3 did have some rough spots though, I noticed a bunch of the audio being cut off like people stop talking mid sentence. Also the one part where you're suddenly thrown into a vehicle sequence was kinda sloppy.
    Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
    deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

Don't read if you don't like spoilers! 

Afroman269

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Afroman269
    @Bucketdeth: I completely agree. If you're judging based on story, Killzone 2 wins, but I think KZ 3 is just superior in terms of content. I enjoyed the campaign quite a lot despite the sad story elements and essentially making most of the Helghast look 100% british space nazis. The developers seem to really not care about their fiction. I didn't like Killzone 2 as much just because most of the areas you're traveling through seem to blend together. 
    Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
    deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@Afroman269 said:
    " @Bucketdeth: I completely agree. If you're judging based on story, Killzone 2 wins, but I think KZ 3 is just superior in terms of content. I enjoyed the campaign quite a lot despite the sad story elements and essentially making most of the Helghast look 100% british space nazis. The developers seem to really not care about their fiction. I didn't like Killzone 2 as much just because most of the areas you're traveling through seem to blend together.  "
    Yeah the story was a let down but at least the environment's were mixed up a little with a arctic type area and a an insanely incredible looking jungle to the classic industrial Killzone style areas. I still think the game is great and the multiplayer is awesome.
    damswedon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#8  Edited By damswedon

I can't effectively put into words how much I hate Killzone 3's single player. But my first thought after seeing the ending was "I hope everyone responsible for this campaign got sacked or gets sacked." 
    Killzone 2 had problems of blandness but compared to 3 it is fine art.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.