What Ever Happened to "Joy Ride" for the 360?

#1 Posted by sup909 (159 posts) -

Remember this game announced last year? It was supposed to be a free avatar base kart game. It has sort of just disappeared off the face of the planet.  Anyone have any word on what happened to this thing? I was looking forward to it at the time since the 360 could use a good kart racer. 
#2 Posted by Yukoei (1878 posts) -

What ever happened to ModNation Racers?

#3 Posted by Kiemoe (1055 posts) -

I totally forgot about that!

#4 Posted by WinterSnowblind (7616 posts) -

Well the 360 does have the best version of Sega All Stars Racing, which is actually quite good :)
But yeah, I was somewhat looking forward to this.  Has the potiential to be really good and it finally gives the Avatars some more use, outside of 1 vs 100. 

I assume it's just still in development..  perhaps we'll see some mention of it tonight at the X10 event.

#5 Posted by Red (5995 posts) -
@Yukoei: It had a Beta. It's still coming out.

But, I do think that Joy Ride is still coming out, it just didn't have enough of a splash at E3 to garner enough attention.
#6 Posted by Yukoei (1878 posts) -
@Red said:
" @Yukoei: It had a Beta. It's still coming out.  But, I do think that Joy Ride is still coming out, it just didn't have enough of a splash at E3 to garner enough attention. "
Thats great news, I am strangley hyped for ModNation Racers.
#7 Posted by Kaz_Hooray (25 posts) -

Microsoft is scared of black avatars doing hoodrat things with their friends.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.