Game is out, but everything is a trial, and you can't buy it?

#1 Edited by vhold (447 posts) -

Anybody else seeing this? 

Edit: You have to also go to Extras inside the XBLA store and also download the "Kinect Party" item there.  That's the unlock.

#2 Posted by csl316 (9421 posts) -

I just went straight off Xbox.com.  A search gave me a 500mb result, then a 108kb result that  I assume is the unlock file.

#3 Edited by vhold (447 posts) -

Yup, I just figured that out, you have to go to "Extras" in the store and get that file also called "Kinect Party".  Works great. 

#4 Posted by Asger (200 posts) -

So if I get it now, I will own it forever? Og is is like a timed trial and I then have to pay, if I want to keep it next year?

#5 Edited by WulfBane (197 posts) -

@Asger Full version is completely free as long as you download & unlock it before the end of the year. Just like with regular XBLA downloads, you're first downloading the 'trial' version and then you're getting a key for the full unlock. Also, another way you can get to the full version unlock is when you fire it up in demo mode, in the upper right portion of the screen should be an "unlock full version" monitor. That takes you to where you would 'buy' the full version. It's just that it is 0 points to get now for the promotion. I saw this topic before I got home to download this and noticed the download info does mention the "unlock full version" in game menu item but its easy to miss on that page and I think I only saw it because I was making sure I didn't miss something in that text after seeing the original post.

#6 Posted by ocdog45 (675 posts) -

@vhold said:

Anybody else seeing this? Edit: You have to also go to Extras inside the XBLA store and also download the "Kinect Party" item there. That's the unlock.

Thanks for the tip. I was having issues trying to unlock. it would take me to a blank screen all the time.

#7 Posted by Rotten_Avocado (83 posts) -

Thank you. I was kinda pissed when the "pay to unlock" stuff started popping up.

#8 Posted by bluesun (237 posts) -

At least you guys have it:

http://www.doublefine.com/forums/viewthread/8249/

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.