Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Kinect Party

Game » consists of 1 releases. Released Dec 18, 2012

Double the fun of Double Fine's Double Fine Happy Action Theater, Kinect Party is a set of 36 crazy Kinect-centric activities featuring crazy costumes and ridiculous dubstep. ("Where's the drop?!")

Game is out, but everything is a trial, and you can't buy it?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

vhold

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By vhold

Anybody else seeing this? 

Edit: You have to also go to Extras inside the XBLA store and also download the "Kinect Party" item there.  That's the unlock.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#2  Edited By csl316

I just went straight off Xbox.com.  A search gave me a 500mb result, then a 108kb result that  I assume is the unlock file.

vhold

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By vhold

Yup, I just figured that out, you have to go to "Extras" in the store and get that file also called "Kinect Party".  Works great. 

asger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By asger

So if I get it now, I will own it forever? Og is is like a timed trial and I then have to pay, if I want to keep it next year?

WulfBane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By WulfBane

@Asger Full version is completely free as long as you download & unlock it before the end of the year. Just like with regular XBLA downloads, you're first downloading the 'trial' version and then you're getting a key for the full unlock. Also, another way you can get to the full version unlock is when you fire it up in demo mode, in the upper right portion of the screen should be an "unlock full version" monitor. That takes you to where you would 'buy' the full version. It's just that it is 0 points to get now for the promotion. I saw this topic before I got home to download this and noticed the download info does mention the "unlock full version" in game menu item but its easy to miss on that page and I think I only saw it because I was making sure I didn't miss something in that text after seeing the original post.

ocdog45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By ocdog45

@vhold said:

Anybody else seeing this? Edit: You have to also go to Extras inside the XBLA store and also download the "Kinect Party" item there. That's the unlock.

Thanks for the tip. I was having issues trying to unlock. it would take me to a blank screen all the time.

rotten_avocado

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By rotten_avocado

Thank you. I was kinda pissed when the "pay to unlock" stuff started popping up.

bluesun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By bluesun

At least you guys have it:

http://www.doublefine.com/forums/viewthread/8249/

cconniee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Can this game not be bought in stores? I'm looking everywhere online to by the disc.....

FinalDasa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#10 FinalDasa  Moderator

@cconniee: It's digital only. Also locking this thread, please don't necro 2 year old threads in the future.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.