Do the I'm Han Solo Dance!

• 108 results
#1 Edited by jjnen (661 posts) -

I know this is a duplicate thread but since the other one got locked as a YouTube spam I felt the need to spread the word of the amazing content this game will provide to longtime Star Wars fans.

After seeing this gameplay video I can honestly say I was lost for words. I didn't expect a lot from Kinect Star Wars at any point but this was still too much. Problem with Han Solo dance is that it takes franchises probably best character (opinions, I know) and makes him do a insanely stupid mirror dance with the player while some autotuned dance music plays on the background. It doesn't fit Han Solo's character nor does it fit to the Star Wars universe at all. The second part isn't as big of a deal since the whole franchise has already sold-out to death by attaching Star Wars name to every product Lucas and his super best friends can think of but why take Han Solo and make him dance with the player? This serves no-one as new people to the franchise probably don't give a shit about Han Solo and I doubt that people who do care just get enraged by this.

Now I know this game is supposed to be fun game for the whole family and shouldn't be taken seriously but... Ugh

Edit. Seems like I'm a typo-ing machine, fixed that.

#2 Posted by randiolo (1091 posts) -

oh..OH GOD....what?....oh jesus christ the lyrics... this is just murder..

#3 Posted by Snail (8604 posts) -

People who thought this was a good idea were given the power to officially release a product under the Star Wars name.

I don't think I even know how to react to that.

#4 Posted by Tylea002 (2295 posts) -

I'm all for this. The Star Wars name has meant nothing for a long, long while. This just takes it to hilarious extremes.

#5 Posted by hidys (1029 posts) -

Words don't actually exit to describe this.

#6 Posted by DonChipotle (2753 posts) -

I dunno, I thought it was catchy

#7 Posted by TooWalrus (13197 posts) -

@Rappelsiini: This is really fuckin' awful. I expected a parody of "The Real Slim Shady", and I'm disappointed beyond... well, even that would have been totally lame. Fuck Star Wars.

#8 Posted by Mars_Cleric (1594 posts) -

oh god...

#9 Posted by PolygonSlayer (426 posts) -

Horrible idea mixed with a horrendous song. Yummy!

But to be honest, Star Wars has gotten so abused that I have stopped caring really, for me now they should just go as far as they can go. Put a hundred Jar Jars into the next re-release of 'A New Hope' for all I care.

#10 Edited by Imsorrymsjackson (855 posts) -

I think this is amazing, anything that hacks off Trekkies is good in my books.

#11 Posted by Gatehouse (623 posts) -

@Snail said:

People who thought this was a good idea were given the power to officially release a product under the Star Wars name.

I don't think I even know how to react to that.

This

#12 Posted by selbie (1903 posts) -
#13 Posted by Brendan (7806 posts) -

This catapulted over being bad to becoming fucking amazing.

#14 Posted by Slaker117 (4842 posts) -
@Tylea002 said:

I'm all for this. The Star Wars name has meant nothing for a long, long while. This just takes it to hilarious extremes.

Yep. I love the original Star Wars movies, but have long since realized that the franchise built around them as isn't made for people like me. I just enjoy the insanity of it.
#15 Posted by RVonE (4638 posts) -

I'm sorry but this is the best thing ever.

#16 Posted by WalkerD (462 posts) -

What? Someone doing something incredibly shitty with the Star Wars IP? I don't believe this.

#17 Posted by Willtron (243 posts) -

@Tylea002 said:

This man gets it. This shit is awesome. Star Wars hasn't meant shit for... dear Christ, ages. AGES. And everyone needs to just move on, then this won't offend. To be honest, it wasn't that hot of shit anyway. [/troll]

But seriously, this is hilariously dumb. Star Wars has been skullfucked to the point that it's got Stockholm Syndrome, so I'm not gonna have sympathy anymore. I'm just gonna laugh at this instead. Makes my life much easier. There's some nerdy things to justifiably rage over, but Star Wars has been so far gone for so long, the fight ain't worth it.

#18 Posted by jonc151 (70 posts) -

I think I just went blind and deaf.

#19 Posted by bartok (2480 posts) -

You think people would learn that George Lucas does not give a fuck about how you bitch about how he is handling the Star Wars Franchise.  How many of these angry Star Wars fans are still going to get this game just because it comes bundled in with a fancy new Xbox designed to look like R2D2?

#20 Posted by Nadafinga (958 posts) -

Anyone seen the Star Wars Christmas Special from 30 years ago? This franchise has always been a product aimed at kids, don't know why this newest development would surprise anybody. It's a friggin' kids game for chrissake, who gives a shit if it "fits Han's character."

#21 Posted by Village_Guy (2575 posts) -

WE. NEED. AN. ENDURANCE RUN. OF. THIS. GAME! NOW!!

For fucking fuck fucks sake - fuck this - Star Wars has been dead to me for years, but this is crossing the line... Nay! It isn't crossing the line. This is crossing the line, coming back and shooting the line in the head after which you anally rape the line and then crossing it again!

#22 Posted by RollingZeppelin (1971 posts) -

Poor Han Solo, forever doomed to be prostituted by Georgie boy for cash.

Just look away.

#23 Posted by TheSouthernDandy (3866 posts) -

I've checked out at this point mostly, you can only take so much. Doing Han Solo like this though...I feel that anger bubbling to the surface again. I know he's just as much fair game as any other character but still. Han Solo! Come on!

#24 Posted by stryker1121 (1439 posts) -

And Lucas has said this moment fits into canon, too. Rage, nerds! Rage!

#25 Posted by adoggz (2067 posts) -

THIS IS THE BEST THING EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i need like 5 copies of this game!!!!

#26 Posted by iAmJohn (6120 posts) -

Wait I'm sorry, I'm confused. Who is this guy again?

#27 Posted by Krakn3Dfx (2490 posts) -

Is this cannon?

#28 Posted by Faltru (113 posts) -

That sure is a video game.

#29 Posted by demonbear (1859 posts) -

I think I can finally put words on how I feel since I saw this. Couple of years ago, there was this Monica Belluci movie called Irreversible shown at Cannes Film Festival. In that movie, there's a pretty hardcore rape scene and it was reported at the time that it was so hardcore that people were leaving the theater.

This is exactly like that. I feel like I'm watching a corporation raping a franchise, very hardcore and its hard to watch.

#30 Posted by Gamer_152 (14077 posts) -

I feel like it almost seems dumb to say this, but thank you Rappelsiini for being someone who managed to post a funny video to the boards without just typing a couple of sentences of "Look at this video, isn't it funny". Really though, I find it surprising that so many people have become that angry at this. I was never that invested in Star Wars to begin with, but the franchise has been producing tacky merchandising for a long time now, it's been lampooned for years, it's been seven years since the last Star Wars film, let alone the last properly acclaimed one, this is obviously not meant to be taken seriously, from a gameplay perspective the dancing looks better than any of the other stuff in the game, and many fans declared the franchise dead a long time ago. If it's gone from "dead" to "funny" that's an upgrade in my book.

#31 Edited by themangalist (1735 posts) -

I think the song's pretty alright.

#32 Posted by Snail (8604 posts) -

@Nadafinga said:

Anyone seen the Star Wars Christmas Special from 30 years ago? This franchise has always been a product aimed at kids, don't know why this newest development would surprise anybody. It's a friggin' kids game for chrissake, who gives a shit if it "fits Han's character."

The Christmas Special was an embarrassment to George Lucas, he has always said that he didn't want his name attached to the project, and has even collaborated with Robot Chicken in a spoof commercial where he undergoes psychological treatment to get over the trauma of the Christmas Special. It was something terrible and a reason for shame.

This is being advertised as a selling point.

#33 Posted by sharma55 (458 posts) -

There's a lot more where that came from:

#34 Posted by fox01313 (5072 posts) -

Want to find whoever did the music for this & then avoid anything they ever do, true I'm not a fan of pop music like this but still I'll hold a grudge forever against who made this music as I just couldn't stand listening to it in the trailer & would hate to have to QA test the game or play this part of it. I used to think that Star Wars kind of recovered from the point of where they were throwing out tons of crappy star wars games out every other month (with the last generation of consoles), now looks like they've dived head first into that mindset again. The podracing & jedi combat stuff looked average but okay for this game but this is just all kinds of pain to think it'd be fun to play/watch. Wondering how many bad awards this game will be nominated for/win on GB game of the year event.

PS-Guess what Star Wars franchise?? This kind of stuff is what pushed me even more into the Star Trek franchise.

#35 Edited by connerthekewlkid (1832 posts) -

this is so terrible it went from incredibly bad all the way to amazing. GIVE ME 10 COPIES

p.s why does everybody keep on saying its been dead for years for them and say how they moved on there not trying to please you anymore so why do you think they care?

#36 Posted by WinterSnowblind (7616 posts) -

@Gamer_152 said:

I feel like it almost seems dumb to say this, but thank you Rappelsiini for being someone who managed to post a funny video to the boards without just typing a couple of sentences of "Look at this video, isn't it funny". Really though, I find it surprising that so many people have become that angry at this. I was never that invested in Star Wars to begin with, but the franchise has been producing tacky merchandising for a long time now, it's been lampooned for years, it's been seven years since the last Star Wars film, let alone the last properly acclaimed one, this is obviously not meant to be taken seriously, from a gameplay perspective the dancing looks better than any of the other stuff in the game, and many fans declared the franchise dead a long time ago. If it's gone from "dead" to "funny" that's an upgrade in my book.

Like someone in one of the previous threads said.. Put in some swear words and this is no different from one of those Star Wars parodies.

The brand official means nothing these days and this is just ridiculously funny. I really don't get why some have such a problem with it.

#37 Posted by ProfessorK (824 posts) -

This is delicious!

#38 Edited by maskedarcstrike (701 posts) -

After Lucas gave a quote a couple of months ago that he doesn't care about Star Wars or it's fans anymore it seems like at this point he's trolling us. Hopefully we can get a QL on this.

The names of the dance moves are cringe inducing as well, I mean cmon the "Chewie Hug" and the "trash compactor"

Edit: Can't the developer get sued for sampling Christina Aguilera or Gwen Stefani? I know like with Weird Al you can rewrite lyrics but they are straight up sampling melodies.

#39 Posted by Excast (935 posts) -

I think I will go watch this on youtube and do a running diary of my thoughts.

0:00 This can't be as bad as people are saying.
0:10 Graphics aren't bad.
0:15 Umm, why is R2-D2 hanging out with dancing storm troopers?
0:16 Lando...teeth..smile
0:18 Oh no, what is this music?
0:30 Ok, it's Han Solo.  Something cool must be about to happen.
0:38 Han, what's wrong?  Oh my god.  Please Han, stop.  You're scaring me.
0:45 No, you're not Han Solo!  That's not true!  That's impossible!
0:58 Stop thrusting your crotch at me!  What?  That move is called "The Speeder"?  
2:34 Oh joy..some Speeder from Lando now.  

I can't handle anymore.  In the words of the immortal Ryan Davis.  This is the worst.  Seriously, is there anything that George Lucas won't do to absolutely whore out this series for a few more dollars?  Do we have Star Wars brand condoms yet?  Death Star brand bug spray?  Princess Leia approved feminine hygiene products?

#40 Posted by Icemo (642 posts) -

Oh Hutt, you cheeska slimo...

#41 Posted by Breadfan (6590 posts) -

It's so horrible, that it is somehow amazing.

#42 Posted by Cloudenvy (5891 posts) -

This is the best thing I've seen related to Star Wars in a long, long time.

#43 Posted by EuanDewar (4910 posts) -

All credit for this goes to Ben Pack:

TEACH ME HOW TO CHEWIE, TEACH ME HOW TO CHEWIE, TEACH ME HOW TO CHEWIE

#44 Posted by Gamer_152 (14077 posts) -

@WinterSnowblind said:

@Gamer_152 said:

Like someone in one of the previous threads said.. Put in some swear words and this is no different from one of those Star Wars parodies.

The brand official means nothing these days and this is just ridiculously funny. I really don't get why some have such a problem with it.

I think this is better than one of those Star Wars parodies, I love this for the same reason I love the Star Wars Holiday Special. "I'm a hologram girl and this is my ship". That's fucking art.

#45 Posted by NegativeCero (3001 posts) -

I can't tell if this game is for kids. It's just too goofy

#46 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -

Xbox magazine gave it a 5...

#47 Posted by Soap (3591 posts) -
#48 Posted by ViciousAnchovy (742 posts) -

@Breadfan said:

It's so horrible, that it is somehow amazing.

I agree. I don't think the developers put this out with the thought that this was genuinely good. I mean, look at it. Also, this is not the first time a Star Wars game has had a bonus dancing feature in it.

#49 Posted by MikkaQ (10288 posts) -

@Nadafinga said:

Yeah but that was disowned, versus now where they're producing content that shitty on a regular basis.

#50 Posted by ArbitraryWater (11726 posts) -

This has crossed the line from offensively bad to unintentionally hilarious. If you can shout "LIGHTSABER ON" to turn on your lightsaber the game wins. Sure, it's an assault on my childhood and an assurance that the kids of today will see this and that clone wars TV series as their memories of Star Wars, but at this point I don't really care. Watching a parody of contemporary pop music that is theoretically about Han Solo clearly represents the nadir of this franchise. There is literally nothing that can top this in terms of sheer irreverence towards the source material, which means by consequence there is no reason to make a Star Wars spoof ever again.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.