Do the I'm Han Solo Dance!

• 108 results
#51 Posted by laserbolts (5331 posts) -

The most entertaining star wars thing I have ever seen.

#52 Edited by AndrewB (7663 posts) -

@Cloudenvy said:

This is the best thing I've seen related to Star Wars in a long, long time.

This. Better than any of the prequels. By default, actually. I mean, it has creepy virtualized never changes facial expressions Han Solo dancing.

#53 Posted by RTSlord (1201 posts) -

@selbie said:

WHAT HAVE YOU BASTARDS DONE!?!?!?!

#54 Posted by jozzy (2042 posts) -

I bet the Gaintbomb guys can do some amazing stuff with this.

#55 Posted by Zealousadonis (133 posts) -

This is the most fantastic thing I've ever seen. For the first time ever I am legitimately sad that I don't have an xbox and kinect.

#56 Posted by JeanLuc (3590 posts) -

See something like this is funny when fans do it, because they're, well... fans. Its something they do on their own time and its clearly a parody that's done out of love. The second it becomes an official product endorsed by Lucasarts it takes on a whole different meaning and becomes depressing.

#57 Posted by SeriouslyNow (8534 posts) -
@Gamer_152 said:

@WinterSnowblind said:

@Gamer_152 said:

I feel like it almost seems dumb to say this, but thank you Rappelsiini for being someone who managed to post a funny video to the boards without just typing a couple of sentences of "Look at this video, isn't it funny". Really though, I find it surprising that so many people have become that angry at this. I was never that invested in Star Wars to begin with, but the franchise has been producing tacky merchandising for a long time now, it's been lampooned for years, it's been seven years since the last Star Wars film, let alone the last properly acclaimed one, this is obviously not meant to be taken seriously, from a gameplay perspective the dancing looks better than any of the other stuff in the game, and many fans declared the franchise dead a long time ago. If it's gone from "dead" to "funny" that's an upgrade in my book.

Like someone in one of the previous threads said.. Put in some swear words and this is no different from one of those Star Wars parodies.

The brand official means nothing these days and this is just ridiculously funny. I really don't get why some have such a problem with it.

I think this is better than one of those Star Wars parodies, I love this for the same reason I love the Star Wars Holiday Special. "I'm a hologram girl and this is my ship". That's fucking art.

Sir, you are wrong.

#58 Posted by connerthekewlkid (1844 posts) -

@SeriouslyNow: what did i just watch?

#59 Posted by SeriouslyNow (8534 posts) -
@connerthekewlkid said:

@SeriouslyNow: what did i just watch?

Art.  Musical Art.
#60 Posted by Hailinel (25179 posts) -

It's like the Star Wars Holiday Special in video game form.

#61 Posted by Irvandus (2881 posts) -

@Brendan said:

This catapulted over being bad to becoming fucking amazing.

Yeah, I think I hate it but kind of adore it at the same time.

#62 Edited by Gizmo (5389 posts) -
#63 Posted by connerthekewlkid (1844 posts) -

@Gizmo: somebody already used that

#64 Posted by morrelloman (608 posts) -

WHAT THE shit is that. Is that really in the game? That is out of control so bad it's good to the max.

#65 Posted by Lotus (214 posts) -
The Danger of Fan Entitlement.
#66 Posted by AngelN7 (2970 posts) -

I'm not even that big of a Star Wars fan but I don't know if I should be crying or laughing my ass off with those videos ....

And they're catchy too wich makes it even worse.

#67 Posted by adoggz (2070 posts) -

@AngelN7: this is clearly the best thing to happen to star wars since the empire strikes back.

#68 Posted by Duder_Me (307 posts) -

@sharma55: Footage from our dear good friends at GameSpot!

#69 Posted by theredcoat24 (218 posts) -

the "YMCA" take is a fucking travesty....

#70 Posted by theredcoat24 (218 posts) -

god dammit... why you so catchy!?

I want a mp3 of this,...

#71 Posted by fox01313 (5078 posts) -

For me it's the music much more than the dancing that the overall painful thing, kind of reminds me when some music company decided to take some rather normal songs (for adults) & tweak them slightly for kids to sing for some stupid kids collection which always just sounded odd. I'm sure that there's going to be a quick look of it but I hope that there's 2 picture in picture elements beyond the gameplay, one is whoever is playing it on kinect and the other is the reaction of whoever else is in the quicklook at the gameplay (hopefully they haven't seen this yet to get the first reaction to the finished product of kinect dancing in star wars).

#72 Posted by benspyda (2038 posts) -

Star Wars is pretty lighthearted so its not that crazy and considering how Lucas has butchered the franchise I'd say its no worse.

I'll just continue to ignore everything but the first three movies just like how I pretend that The Matrix was the only movie in the series.

#73 Posted by Rhombus_Of_Terror (2130 posts) -

OH GOD THEY ACTUALY REWROTE LYRICS. THEY REWROTE LYRICS O_O

#74 Posted by EarlessShrimp (1660 posts) -

Wait, is he han solo? Or lando?

#75 Posted by fusrodah (95 posts) -

@Gamer_152 said:

I feel like it almost seems dumb to say this, but thank you Rappelsiini for being someone who managed to post a funny video to the boards without just typing a couple of sentences of "Look at this video, isn't it funny".

I feel like that bit was probably directed at me, I posted the original thread. Did what this guy wrote really make that much of a difference? People care about the embedded video, I don't really understand why the rest matters. I'm not really attempting to be contrarian here, the fact that my post was labeled "spam" really baffles me.

#76 Posted by Donkeycow (556 posts) -

My childhood is hurting right now... please make it stop

#77 Posted by fulcilivez (83 posts) -

Why not use the MC Chris song?

#78 Edited by Hailinel (25179 posts) -

@fusrodah said:

@Gamer_152 said:

I feel like it almost seems dumb to say this, but thank you Rappelsiini for being someone who managed to post a funny video to the boards without just typing a couple of sentences of "Look at this video, isn't it funny".

I feel like that bit was probably directed at me, I posted the original thread. Did what this guy wrote really make that much of a difference? People care about the embedded video, I don't really understand why the rest matters. I'm not really attempting to be contrarian here, the fact that my post was labeled "spam" really baffles me.

It's against forum policy to simply create a thread by posting a Youtube video without meaningful text meant to spark discussion.

#79 Posted by fusrodah (95 posts) -

@Hailinel: The existence of the policy has been made clear to me, but if the video itself sparks discussion without an accompanying paragraph, why cut off that discussion?

#80 Posted by ShiftyMagician (2130 posts) -

@fusrodah said:

@Hailinel: The existence of the policy has been made clear to me, but if the video itself sparks discussion without an accompanying paragraph, why cut off that discussion?

Because this site wants text to be the key element in starting the discussion. I shouldn't 'have' to watch the video to get an idea of what the discussion is actually about first and it lets people decide if the video is worth watching after the explanation. Simple as that so do your best to follow the rules.

#81 Posted by Mars_Cleric (1595 posts) -

@fulcilivez said:

Why not use the MC Chris song?

see, I actually llike this because there is love and effort put into it

#82 Edited by Deathmachine117 (377 posts) -
#83 Posted by Zoibie (7 posts) -

@AngelN7: No wonder Stromtrooper armour is so weak: needs to be flexible.

#84 Posted by Tictocbehemoth (62 posts) -

Oh my god. This is the worst and best thing I have ever seen. I think the fact that this isn't just a parody video on youtube makes it absolutely golden. Someone in charge of this thought it was a legitimately good idea. I love it so much.

#85 Posted by CaptainTightPants (2834 posts) -

"Im so happy the carbonite is gone, I'm moving on. I'm jumping in my Falcon, Wookie at my side." 

Amazing. Simply, amazing.

#86 Posted by Deusoma (3017 posts) -

You know what? This is beyond stupid, but I felt precisely the same way about the Yoda dance video they included as an easter egg in one of the DVDs a while back, and everyone seemed to think that was awesome, so I don't even know what to think anymore.

On a side note, not that I wish to support this in any way, but how could they not have C-3PO doing The Robot in the background?

#87 Posted by GlenTennis (3145 posts) -

I love this so much.

#88 Posted by Mr_Skeleton (5145 posts) -

This redeems the whole game.

#89 Posted by Red (5995 posts) -

The part of me that still loves Star Wars is offended.

The rest of me finds it hilarious.

#90 Posted by Phatmac (5726 posts) -

Yeah more stupid Star Wars shit.

#91 Posted by Sooty (8082 posts) -

The best thing about this is the outrage of the Star Wars fans pretending that universe hasn't already had its license dragged to hell and back.

Jedi Academy 2 & Kotor, only things I enjoyed with the Star Wars name!

#92 Posted by Sbaitso (553 posts) -

@Sooty: You should play the older games as well. Dark Forces is still really good actually, if you like those old FPS games. Mysteries of the Sith is a favorite of mine as well.

This continues to blow/crush my mind.I kind of love that this exists really, at this point. The names of the moves are particularly amazing. Thought went into this!

#93 Posted by jillsandwich (762 posts) -

Yeah, Star Wars has been ruined for a while now. If it's going to be driven into the ground, this is the most entertaining way to do it.

I've said this before, and I'll say it again. Star Wars can not be fixed until George Lucas is dead. When that happens, then the original trilogy will be remade. I look forward to that.

#94 Posted by Origina1Penguin (3501 posts) -

I'm ashamed to admit I've listened to this at least five times so far... I can't help it. I think my brain is in disbelief of its actual existence.

#95 Posted by ComradeKhan (687 posts) -

I'm so happy the carbonite is gone.  
I'm movin' on.

#96 Posted by kristov_romanov (461 posts) -

I have never felt more comfortable with being into Trek than I do right now.

#97 Posted by BeachThunder (12084 posts) -

Yay, incoming QL :D

#98 Posted by huntad (1955 posts) -

I don't even know what to say.

#99 Posted by Vorbis (2750 posts) -

All credit to Justin McElroy.

#100 Posted by Draxyle (1874 posts) -

@jillsandwich said:

Yeah, Star Wars has been ruined for a while now. If it's going to be driven into the ground, this is the most entertaining way to do it.

I've said this before, and I'll say it again. Star Wars can not be fixed until George Lucas is dead. When that happens, then the original trilogy will be remade. I look forward to that.

That's the tragic thing about all this. There's so much evidence that he allows this kind of crap on purpose for some sort of twisted reason; I can only argue that he outright hates the original trilogy. You don't see parody being allowed for his precious prequels the way he does for the OT.

I know the artist has every right to alter his own work, but Lucas did not make those movies alone. Those hundreds of people in the credits of those movies have no say in these matters, and I don't think that's right. Lucas didn't even step on the set for Episode V last I checked.

But either way, I'm mostly done being mad about Star Wars. Lucas has shown his true colors, and I'll let him have his fun. It's his own fault if he is remembered poorly for it.

On the plus side, the quicklook is going to be awesome.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.