Lightsaber ON

#1 Edited by zudthespud (3326 posts) -

Just wondering, did the "Lightsaber On!" voice command from the e3 demo make it into the final game? In case you don't remember, skip to 30 seconds in:

#2 Posted by Mr_Skeleton (5195 posts) -

It was confirmed back then there wasn't any "Lightsaber On!" command.

#3 Posted by Snail (8768 posts) -

@Mr_Skeleton said:

Wait, so there never was a voice command for turning on your lightsaber? So the guy shouts that out in the video just because he's supposed to look like he's really into it or something?

#4 Posted by Lunar_Aura (2824 posts) -

E3 press conferences are just massive focus testing platforms. Didn't you all know that by now?

#5 Posted by KarlPilkington (2764 posts) -

There was never a command.

#6 Posted by Village_Guy (2743 posts) -

There never was a voice command, the guy doing the demo decided for some reason to get really into it and shout "Lightsaber on!", revealing his lack of knowledge about the Star Wars universe - it wasn't in the script, he just made it up all of a sudden during the demo.

#7 Posted by James_Giant_Peach (756 posts) -

Even if it wasn't, I'll say it anyway.

#8 Posted by MooseyMcMan (11869 posts) -

Well, it may not be in there now, but it will be after George Lucas re-edits all the films so that people always say that whenever they turn their lightsabers on.

#9 Posted by DudeSupreme (233 posts) -

@MooseyMcMan said:

Well, it may not be in there now, but it will be after George Lucas re-edits all the films so that people always say that whenever they turn their lightsabers on.

Trying to dub in Alec Guiness whispering lightsaber on before his end at the hands of Darth Vader. Yessss

#10 Posted by Mr_Skeleton (5195 posts) -

@Snail said:

@Mr_Skeleton said:

Wait, so there never was a voice command for turning on your lightsaber? So the guy shouts that out in the video just because he's supposed to look like he's really into it or something?

From what I understand he wasn't even supposed to shout anything at all. I guess he is just really into giving fake demos.

#11 Posted by fox01313 (5172 posts) -

It would have been good to at least see this instead of 'press start' on the main menu on every star wars game.

#12 Posted by zudthespud (3326 posts) -

I kind of guessed it was never in the game, but I feel like it should have been after that demo. Just cuz.

#13 Posted by lightsaberon (2 posts) -

did anyone come up with the idea that they asked the demo kid to say those words yet?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.