Who's excited for this?

#1 Posted by Deranged (1837 posts) -

One of the only reasons I got a Kinect recently was to be able to get this game. I might be biased since I'm a massive Star Wars fan, but it looks pretty damn fun. Everyone's dreamed of using a lightsaber, cutting down some droids/stormtroopers and using the force.

Who else is buying this? Express your feelings below!

#2 Edited by Mastercheesey (219 posts) -

an on-rails star wars game, no thanks.

#3 Posted by nintendoeats (5975 posts) -

A: Lightsaber on.

B: I want that Xbox so very badly. God damn being a penniless student.

#4 Posted by alternate (2655 posts) -

maybe if I was like 8 years old

#5 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -

Who ISN'T excited for it? You get to lean forward in front of your TV and cool things happen on screen!

#6 Posted by Twinsun (462 posts) -

Be honest now, Microsoft sent you here right?

#7 Posted by Deranged (1837 posts) -

@Twinsun: Damn... I've been caught >.<

#8 Posted by Bollard (5025 posts) -

@mcderby4: Just you.

@nintendoeats said:

I want that Xbox so very badly. God damn being a penniless student.

The Xbox not so much, the controller, yes please.

#9 Posted by N7 (3570 posts) -

LIGHTSABER. ON.

#10 Posted by JRock3x8 (227 posts) -

the fact that there has been ZERO marketing for this game says so much.

Still, I will be the jerk who pays full price for this game and then bitches about how bad it was.

#11 Posted by Evilsbane (4335 posts) -

I like Star Wars, I don't like a single frame of this game that has been shown, Lightsaber ON!

#12 Posted by kmg90 (410 posts) -

@JRock3x8 said:

the fact that there has been ZERO marketing for this game says so much.

Still, I will be the jerk who pays full price for this game and then bitches about how bad it was.

I've seen ads somewhere on TV for Kinect Star Wars....

#13 Posted by JRock3x8 (227 posts) -

yah I guess it depends on what mediums you are looking for marketing.

The way marketing reaches me is through blogs talking about it or banners on websites, billboards on bus stops and that kind of thing. Star Wars TFU2 had a TON of that - this game has none.

TFU2 (sigh) - WTF happened to Star Wars? When did the whole thing just go to shit? :)

(pardon my Francais)

#14 Posted by BlackLagoon (1321 posts) -

I'm excited for this to come out so that Terminal Reality can start working on something I actually want to play, like a second Ghostbusters game.

#15 Posted by MariachiMacabre (6937 posts) -
@N7
LIGHTSABER. ON.
LIGHTSABER. CUT SHIT.
#16 Posted by Sackmanjones (4609 posts) -

From what I've seen of this game, given its not alot, looks terrible.

#17 Posted by GeneralZod37 (255 posts) -

What from I have seen it looks terrible, but I'm still going to be standing in line to play it this weekend at ECCC.

#18 Posted by adoggz (1952 posts) -

I CANT WAIT to dance with some stormtroopers!

#19 Posted by BonOrbitz (2089 posts) -

@mcderby4: I pre-ordered the R2-D2 style XBox back in January when it was announced. The dancing game looks downright embarrassing, but I'm looking forward to the lightsaber and space battles.

#20 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -
@Mastercheesey said:

an on-rails star wars game, no thanks.

With dancing now. 
#21 Posted by BonOrbitz (2089 posts) -

@BlackLagoon said:

I'm excited for this to come out so that Terminal Reality can start working on something I actually want to play, like a second Ghostbusters game.

No shit? I didn't realize it's the same developer... Get them on a second Ghostbusters game NOW.

#22 Edited by UnrealDP (1217 posts) -

I hate to be the asshole that crushes your excitement but....

I hate to break it to you guys, but it's far worse than just a couple of stormtroopers doing jazz squares....

#23 Posted by Imsorrymsjackson (855 posts) -

Fuck no.

#24 Posted by MideonNViscera (2257 posts) -

Seeing the E3 demo convinced me to never go anywhere near this game.

#25 Posted by Deranged (1837 posts) -

@bonorbitz said:

@mcderby4: I pre-ordered the R2-D2 style XBox back in January when it was announced. The dancing game looks downright embarrassing, but I'm looking forward to the lightsaber and space battles.

That's basically what I'm excited for with the inclusion of Pod Racing. The dancing bit is just absolutely ridiculous and hopefully completely avoidable.

#26 Posted by BrockNRolla (1702 posts) -

If you are a child with no sense of quality, then you're welcome to be excited.

For everyone else, your excitement is unwarranted and insulting to everything I find appreciable about Star Wars and Kinect.

#27 Posted by JeanLuc (3518 posts) -

I love the concept of a lightsaber kinect game but the execution looks awful so I'm going to pass.

#28 Posted by Moncole (636 posts) -

I'm excited for the QL

#29 Posted by WinterSnowblind (7612 posts) -

@UnrealDP said:

I hate to be the asshole that crushes your excitement but....

I hate to break it to you guys, but it's far worse than just a couple of stormtroopers doing jazz squares....

I find it hard to care about anything involving Star Wars these days, Old Republic killed any love I had left for it.

But this is so bad, it's good. I really hope the whole game is done in a similar style.

#30 Posted by James_Giant_Peach (751 posts) -

For perhaps the only time in my life, I could be described as 'super pumped'.

#31 Posted by hughesman (312 posts) -

I can't wait for the giantbomb guys to rip this game apart. :)

#32 Posted by Grillbar (1772 posts) -

i am, they have to do a QL thats the hole purpose of that game, after that nobody will care

#33 Posted by Mikemcn (6875 posts) -

I'm going to hunt down George Lucas and stop him before this gets any worse.

#34 Posted by Voxus (282 posts) -

No, it looks fucking terrible.

#35 Posted by fusrodah (95 posts) -

"I'm Han Solo" is why Quick Looks were invented.

#36 Posted by Lumley (927 posts) -

Reviews are starting to appear, as predicted it's getting a luke warm response.

IGN - 55

Eurogamer - 50

Averaging 57, it's got a couple of 80 reviews and some that are below the Eurogamer score.

#37 Posted by laserbolts (5309 posts) -

It's a star wars game and it uses kinect. How could I be excited?

#38 Posted by Codeacious (957 posts) -
@Moncole

I'm excited for the QL

Now this is something I can get behind. I can't wait for Ryan or Jeff to get their hands on this.
#39 Posted by EchoEcho (807 posts) -

This game sounded pretty cool when it was first announced. But then they showed gameplay footage.

#40 Posted by Jolt92 (1529 posts) -

Who's excited for this? That's a very good question.

#41 Posted by kpaadet (409 posts) -

Have you ever wondered what the bottom of a jedi shoe looks like?

#42 Posted by thetenthdoctor (291 posts) -

Buying it tonight to play with my son. I'll probably be mildly amused (I'm a bit worried after seeing some of the crap reviews today), but it's mainly for him.

Same goes for the entire Kinect, honestly. My wife and I like the voice controls for Netflix and the dashboard, and have had some goofy fun with Kinect Sports and Dance Central. For those of you without kids though, it's hard to understand just how AWESOME this thing is them. My son is losing his shit because he knows I'm coming home with that game tonight, and no amount of animation lag or tracking issues will stop him from enjoying the crap out of "lightsabering bad guys".

Kinect is a really cool idea that suffered from tech compromises. The next generation with a better quality camera and onboard processor should be neat.

#43 Posted by Fasckira (62 posts) -

This is really one of those games where you need a full 360 conveyor belt with surrounding plasma screen to actually enjoy and have the game work the way it should.

The podracing idea sounds fun but it wont be nearly as fun as the actual arcade machine was:

They had one of these in my local pub years ago, was great fun!

#44 Posted by thetenthdoctor (291 posts) -

It's better than the reviews say. The Kinect occasionally has a problem detecting my 5 year old doing the "dash" motion, but it otherwise works great. I was pleasantly surprised at how granular the recognition was during the pod racing- it's able to see very slight movement of your arms forward and back, making precision steering better than I expected.

#45 Posted by ptc (615 posts) -

This.  It's hard to explain how great Kinect and a game like DF Happy Action Theater is until you've seen a bunch of kids ages 2-8 playing, experimenting, and generally loving every second of their interaction with the technology.

@thetenthdoctor said:
For those of you without kids though, it's hard to understand just how AWESOME this thing is them. My son is losing his shit because he knows I'm coming home with that game tonight, and no amount of animation lag or tracking issues will stop him from enjoying the crap out of "lightsabering bad guys".

Kinect is a really cool idea that suffered from tech compromises. The next generation with a better quality camera and onboard processor should be neat.

#46 Posted by JRock3x8 (227 posts) -

@kpaadet: bam.

I told my wife I'm buying this game and I already know that it's terrible - she said then why are you going to pay $50 for it?

I said because I'm a bad person.

#47 Posted by DrMcKittrick (231 posts) -

I want to get my 5 year old daughter into Star Wars. Maybe this is one way to do it.

#48 Posted by DrMcKittrick (231 posts) -

However, when we first saw this game at E3 awhile back it looked like the pinnacle of the Kinect experience and the ultimate SW game to be played. Then all we get is a subpar story and dancing. What has the world come to?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.