Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Kinect Support

Concept »

Kinect is a camera and depth sensor-based peripheral for the Xbox 360 that allows users to interact with and play games using their whole bodies, rather than using a standard controller.

Dutch Retail: Natal is now Wave and cheaper than the Edge rumor

617_jbug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By 617_jbug

Can't wait for E3. 80 Euros is close to $100 US. Also gets a release date
     Can't wait for E3. 80 Euros is close to $100 US. Also gets a release date
    SolemnOaf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By SolemnOaf

I'm pretty sure Natal was the nail-in-the-coffin for my enthusiasm for the 360's services and games.  While I can't blame Microsoft and Sony for trying to get a piece of Nintendo's massively successful casual pie, It's a pretty bum deal to hear the manufacturer of your console say "Hey thanks alot for all your support so far, but instead of rewarding you for it, we're going to make this thing that you won't care about and isn't at all aimed at you.  That's just how we show gratitude."   

I can't even imagine how much money has been spent into the creation and marketing of Natal, but I can imagine that maybe some of that money could have been used to keep Ensemble in buisness, or FASA, or convinvced Bungie to stick around rather than having them leave to go make deals with the devil.  There's been a major lack of the focus that used to exist on hardcore gaming and hardcore games.  With all the useless features that have been added to Xbox Live, that "Your In the Movies" thing they did, and now Natal I wonder if Microsoft thinks they can simply coast along at this point.  The hardcore gamer doesn't matter anymore because they've already been assimilated to the consumer-base, so all you have to do is throw them a bone every once and awhile and you're free to divert your attentions to a different segment of the market. 

IMO that's bullshit.  I won't support them anymore to fund their foray into the circus that is casual games.  The price of the thing, ultimately, is inconsequential.
    Coombs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By Coombs
    @SolemnOaf: It's called business.
    Marketing isn't for people who are customers, It's to get customers.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.