Gamestop lists Kinect price for $150

#1 Posted by Apathylad (3065 posts) -

Saw this on engadget. I thought it was really strange that no price was officially announced. According to the Gamestop listing, you can purchase Kinect by itself for $150, buy it with an Arcade bundle for $300, or an Elite bundle for $400. None of the prices sound appealing though... 

Gamestop
#2 Posted by LiquidPrince (15610 posts) -

Hmm, well there goes a bunch of money.

#3 Posted by Warfare (1632 posts) -
#4 Posted by JDW519 (148 posts) -

Well either i get the new 360 or the Kinect...I'd rather get the new 360  

#5 Posted by Apathylad (3065 posts) -

Dammit, I didn't check the 360 boards...I'm flagging my post!

#6 Posted by PufferFiz (1369 posts) -

I just got a email from Amazon about it. Their product page shows 150 and are allowing preorders.

#7 Posted by tracerace11 (286 posts) -

yea.... Amazon has it for 150, and it has already become #1 bestseller in video games..... so microsoft looks like they found the price point with the public..... sadly

#8 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -

They also have a little warning saying that  

Official pricing has not been announced by the publisher. This is an estimate only and subject to change. Worry Free Guarantee - if the price decreases between the time you place your preorder and the release date, you’ll receive the lowest price.

#9 Posted by EpicSteve (6442 posts) -

It compares to Sony's Move. With a full Move set racking at $80 in addition to the camera the price gets pretty insane with multiple people in mind. However, I still think it should've been $100

#10 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -
@EpicSteve said:
" It compares to Sony's Move. With a full Move set racking at $80 in addition to the camera the price gets pretty insane with multiple people in mind. However, I still think it should've been $100 "
A lot of people where saying 50 bucks would be perfect for it. 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.