Get Live With Giant Bomb & Kinect

Posted by Jeff (3479 posts) -

Bam, here it is.
It seems like everyone's been on pins and needles in anticipation of the Kinect launch. I get the impression that there are a lot of people waiting to see how it all turns out. Some of you are genuinely interested and hopeful. Some of you seem like you're just lining up to tear it apart. Me, well, I've had some good times with the Kinect so far, but it's always been in controlled situations. Tomorrow, the Kinects we ordered from Amazon will show up here and we'll get to find out for ourselves. And since we're all in this together, I figured hey... what better way to do this than to find out live, on the Internet, all damned day long?

So that's the plan. We're not 100 percent sure when the Kinect is going to show up, but once the mail gets here, we're going to crack it open, walk it over to the green screen, and start running through every game we can get our hands on. So far, that list includes...

I expect that by the time tomorrow actually comes around, this list will have grown a bit bigger. Ubisoft has Your Shape, Motion Sports, and Fighters Uncaged, for example. Konami has Adrenalin Misfits, too. Either way, we're going to probably play this stuff almost all day. At 4PM (Pacific time!), we'll tag out of Kinectland and get into GoldenEye 007 on the Wii for our regularly scheduled Thursday Night Throwdown. Then, after that, if there's still more to see, we'll get back on the 360 and check out some more Kinect stuff. Hopefully, by the end of the day, we'll all have a clearer idea about what, exactly, the Kinect is capable of.

Personally, I'm still really interested in this stuff, even if some of it's clearly aimed at younger players. Dance Central's been fun, and the bowling in Kinect Sports felt totally functional. Faint praise, I know, but that's largely because we haven't been able to see this stuff in our own office yet, and it's been really tough to get a feel for the long-term appeal of the Kinect launch lineup during all of the little events and demos Microsoft has been doing since E3.

So, just to recap, we'll be doing this for HOURS tomorrow. We'll have the chat open and stuff, so come by and get educated about what this magic camera demon can do!
Staff
#1 Posted by Jeff (3479 posts) -

Bam, here it is.
It seems like everyone's been on pins and needles in anticipation of the Kinect launch. I get the impression that there are a lot of people waiting to see how it all turns out. Some of you are genuinely interested and hopeful. Some of you seem like you're just lining up to tear it apart. Me, well, I've had some good times with the Kinect so far, but it's always been in controlled situations. Tomorrow, the Kinects we ordered from Amazon will show up here and we'll get to find out for ourselves. And since we're all in this together, I figured hey... what better way to do this than to find out live, on the Internet, all damned day long?

So that's the plan. We're not 100 percent sure when the Kinect is going to show up, but once the mail gets here, we're going to crack it open, walk it over to the green screen, and start running through every game we can get our hands on. So far, that list includes...

I expect that by the time tomorrow actually comes around, this list will have grown a bit bigger. Ubisoft has Your Shape, Motion Sports, and Fighters Uncaged, for example. Konami has Adrenalin Misfits, too. Either way, we're going to probably play this stuff almost all day. At 4PM (Pacific time!), we'll tag out of Kinectland and get into GoldenEye 007 on the Wii for our regularly scheduled Thursday Night Throwdown. Then, after that, if there's still more to see, we'll get back on the 360 and check out some more Kinect stuff. Hopefully, by the end of the day, we'll all have a clearer idea about what, exactly, the Kinect is capable of.

Personally, I'm still really interested in this stuff, even if some of it's clearly aimed at younger players. Dance Central's been fun, and the bowling in Kinect Sports felt totally functional. Faint praise, I know, but that's largely because we haven't been able to see this stuff in our own office yet, and it's been really tough to get a feel for the long-term appeal of the Kinect launch lineup during all of the little events and demos Microsoft has been doing since E3.

So, just to recap, we'll be doing this for HOURS tomorrow. We'll have the chat open and stuff, so come by and get educated about what this magic camera demon can do!
Staff
#2 Posted by _k1_ (199 posts) -

Cool

#3 Posted by Buman (32 posts) -

cool

#4 Posted by Jeff (3479 posts) -

cool

Staff
#5 Posted by Skald (4367 posts) -

cool

#6 Posted by KaosAngel (13765 posts) -

There gonna be a limited edition Quest tomorrow?

#7 Posted by SomeGuy890 (122 posts) -

Cool
#8 Edited by InfamousBIG (3200 posts) -
@Sil3n7 said:
" Cool? "

@CptChiken said:
" COOOOOOOOOOOL "

@Jethuty said:
" cool "

@rjayb89 said:

" COOL "

@Timmy said:

" cool "

@Leptok said:

" cool "

@SomeGuy890 said:

" Cool "

@AjayRaz

said:

" cool "

@_k1_ said:

" Cool "

@Buman said:

" cool "

@Jeff said:

" cool "

@extremeradical said:

" cool "

#9 Posted by AjayRaz (12424 posts) -

cool

#10 Posted by Wildfire570 (719 posts) -

Coolness!

#11 Posted by Leptok (942 posts) -

cool

#12 Posted by rjayb89 (7720 posts) -

COOL

#13 Posted by MooseyMcMan (10864 posts) -

Neat. 

#14 Posted by AllanIceman (1322 posts) -

cool

#15 Posted by Darkerkamikaze (54 posts) -

cool?

#16 Posted by Sil3n7 (1178 posts) -

Cool?

#17 Posted by Timmy (52 posts) -

cool

#18 Posted by MattDementous (103 posts) -

cool

#19 Posted by CptChiken (1987 posts) -

COOOOOOOOOOOL

#20 Posted by Jethuty (1023 posts) -

cool

#21 Posted by zitosilva (1840 posts) -

hot

#22 Posted by Atlas (2435 posts) -

Looc

#23 Posted by PirateNeal (268 posts) -

C-C-C-C-COMBO BREAKER!

#24 Posted by Evil_Alaska (293 posts) -

So uncool

#25 Posted by louiedog (2335 posts) -

chill

#26 Posted by ESREVER (2682 posts) -

Sounds radical man.

#27 Posted by Victor018 (175 posts) -

tubular

#28 Posted by MegaGoat (219 posts) -

moist

#29 Posted by Livebythesword (80 posts) -

cool........ beans. fuck had to do it....

#30 Posted by TonyBlue87 (293 posts) -

cool

#31 Posted by OmegaPirate (5523 posts) -

Picked a good week to be off work :) 

Looking forward to seeing how the kinect stuff works out of a controlled environment and in a more 'home like' setting. 

I got the chance to try it in an argos store over the weekend playing kinect adventures, and to be fair, it didnt work as well as i figured it can - there were people all over, cars going by, lots of interference and a queue so long that they didn't really get the time to calibrate it properly (that's the impression i got anyway) 

Heres hoping it's not another 'flash in the pan' - i refuse to add  'Kinect' to my online dictionary of words until its proven to me it will be around long enough to warrant me typing it! and these damn red lines underneath it are driving me insane

#32 Posted by Kear (109 posts) -

cool

#33 Posted by JJWeatherman (14558 posts) -

ice-cold

#34 Posted by Choi (540 posts) -

Name the tiger Kudo only if you want to see the bottom of his paw. <WBAM!

#35 Posted by Djeffers03 (2545 posts) -
@InfamousBIG said:
" @Sil3n7 said:
" Cool? "

@CptChiken said:
" COOOOOOOOOOOL "

@Jethuty said:
" cool "

@rjayb89 said:

" COOL "

@Timmy said:

" cool "

@Leptok said:

" cool "

@SomeGuy890 said:

" Cool "

@AjayRaz

said:

" cool "

@_k1_ said:

" Cool "

@Buman said:

" cool "

@Jeff said:

" cool "

@extremeradical said:

" cool "

"
Cool
#36 Posted by Cheapoz (1064 posts) -

Good to hear you guys are coming in with an open mind on it. I could care less for a video of sarcastic comments and dissenting attitudes towards new tech.

#37 Posted by Blair (2503 posts) -

Ceuhhhhlll.

#38 Posted by Jeffsekai (7027 posts) -

cool

#39 Posted by Huecomundo21 (47 posts) -

hot

#40 Posted by MattyFTM (14366 posts) -

coolio

#41 Posted by weegieanawrench (1937 posts) -

Cool

#42 Posted by Duffyside (888 posts) -

Cool

#43 Posted by Kibblez (702 posts) -
@Djeffers03 said:
" @InfamousBIG said:
" @Sil3n7 said:
" Cool? "

@CptChiken said:
" COOOOOOOOOOOL "

@Jethuty said:
" cool "

@rjayb89 said:

" COOL "

@Timmy said:

" cool "

@Leptok said:

" cool "

@SomeGuy890 said:

" Cool "

@AjayRaz

said:

" cool "

@_k1_ said:

" Cool "

@Buman said:

" cool "

@Jeff said:

" cool "

@extremeradical said:

" cool "

"
Cool "
cool
#44 Posted by nintendoeats (5975 posts) -

cool

(by which I mean, no more motion controllers please)

#45 Posted by CharlesAlanRatliff (5417 posts) -

Looking forward to it! Though, once my own Dance Central arrives, I'll probably have to close out the stream! Hopefully I will be able to watch the archive.

#46 Posted by Tru3_Blu3 (3202 posts) -

looc

#47 Posted by Dark_Jon (581 posts) -

Awesome! It's about time we got some serious Kinect coverage! Uh...I mean...

cool

#48 Posted by willr (15 posts) -

cool
#49 Posted by Choi (540 posts) -
@Cheapoz said:
" Good to hear you guys are coming in with an open mind on it. I could care less for a video of sarcastic comments and dissenting attitudes towards new tech. "
O yeah, that too. 

Cool!
#50 Posted by Alphazero (1536 posts) -

This keeps the hot side hot and the cool side cool. Sub-zero wins.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.