I hate "Better with Kinect"

#1 Posted by Apparatus_Unearth (3131 posts) -

I don't know why it bothers me, it just seems like they think consumers will buy it because maybe consumers think there are added features. Rarely. It's just supported by Kinect, and I think that's all that note should say up there.

#2 Posted by Turtlebird95 (2343 posts) -

This thread is Better with Kinect Sensor for Xbox 360.

#3 Edited by egg (1455 posts) -

I dislike it too. I never tried Kinect but it would be like if all Wii games said "better without classic controller". it's subjective, and obviously doesn't apply to all games. I think it's a load of crap.

#4 Posted by TheMatrixOnline (64 posts) -

@Turtlebird95 said:

This thread is Better with Kinect Sensor for Xbox 360.

Thread won, move along people

#5 Posted by ShaggE (6403 posts) -

Have you ever seen the bottom of a non-Kinect game's shoe?

Exactly.

#6 Posted by BestUsernameEver (4825 posts) -

@Apparatus_Unearth said:

I don't know why it bothers me, it just seems like they think consumers will buy it because maybe consumers think there are added features. Rarely. It's just supported by Kinect, and I think that's all that note should say up there.

Marketing, that's all it is. Of course it's false, but they need to sell this thing somehow to people without making it seem like a big investment. So to make it seem like they're not buying something useless, it's of a veil of 'enhancing' the game, so the extra purchase is viewed like a 'bonus'.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.