Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Kinect Support

Concept »

Kinect is a camera and depth sensor-based peripheral for the Xbox 360 that allows users to interact with and play games using their whole bodies, rather than using a standard controller.

I'm not sure what to make of this other than kinect sucks

Godwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Godwind

So apparently this video has gone viral. 

There are a lot of people doubting this as being legit.  So the guy apparently made another video.

A lot of people thought it was fake, so he decided to make another video in response.

So here are the guy's theory on how the game works. 

-Apparently the game doesn't work well when sitting (Not to say it won't work at all).  While standing up and sitting down to play creates two different results. 
    -Believes it is an intended feature to known as Lazy ass mode.  He tried hiding his hands and different things but producing the same results. 

Either way, even without this video, I am not sure why they made an effort to put out kinect.  I don't hate the Xbox360, but kinect doesn't seem to have those "chops" if you will.  I think Nintendo decided to add motion controls and a touchpad to combat piracy, which did a pretty good job for awhile.  However, Kinect seems like some bad rip off. 

LiquidPenguins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

#2  Edited By LiquidPenguins

The kinect is fine, it's just a shining example of bad software. I'm not saying there are any good games on the kinect, just that the hardware is fine but there aren't any worthwhile games.

Emilio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By Emilio

Yeah, wow, that sucks. Why would anyone buy this? 

No, really, somebody tell me. 

What does Kinect do that is just so gosh darn amazing? I'm the controller? No, my controller is the controller... 

Avatar image for alwaysbeclothing
    alwaysbeclothing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By alwaysbeclothing

I don't really view that video as a failure of the hardware as much as that's how the people who developed the game wanted it to be.  Obviously the Kinect can tell the difference if it can see a player's feet or not and the developer decided to make it auto-pilot.  The other thing is the feature may have been developed so players unable to physically stand can still enjoy gaming aka non-discrimination.

That said, other than Dance Central the games need to be better than shovelware like the shown racing game.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.