Kinect review

#1 Posted by hamburgAir (16 posts) -
#2 Posted by JeanLuc (3577 posts) -

I don't know how wise it is to review something that isn't out yet for a couple of months.

#3 Posted by Borodin (416 posts) -

I thought it was kind of surprising how the Microsoft PR guy seemed to be suggesting that 'controller games' were for the 'hardcore', or did I read too much into that? Or maybe I've just failed to realise how far away I am from being in the target demographic for kinect? :s

#4 Edited by Mr_Skeleton (5139 posts) -
@wasteguru said:

"I don't know how wise it is to review something that isn't out yet for a couple of months. "

Exactly what I thought, especially when most of the Kinect games arent ready. Also this was obviously a very Microsoft controlled area where they reviewed it, I doubt many people have such a big room in their house and you can see that where the Kinect mat is is probably the optimal distance which is quite far away.
#5 Posted by SirBlimE (167 posts) -

Just read the first impressions from the biggest Danish review site. And they are very mixed.

http://www.gamereactor.dk/artikler/79518/Redaktionen+spiller+Kinect/

Some are very impressed, some call it eye toy 1,5. 

They all think the Adventure game is great, but none of them can see themselves playing kinect on their own. 

If you guys are very interested, I can dig out further impressions.

#6 Posted by gosukiller (2324 posts) -

Calling that a review is deceitful.

#7 Posted by hamburgAir (16 posts) -
@gosukiller: You can play with words but it's pointless. Call it "first impressions" then...

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.