Kinect To Hit This November?

Posted by BradNicholson (812 posts) -
Kinect and a slew of games for the hands-free controller were announced last night, but the important details, the price and the release date, were left out of the short presentation. But like the ad last night, a piece of marketing (via MCV, via Kotaku) has possibly outed Kinect the release date, revealing that the device could be coming as soon as this November 2010. 

This. 
So, how about that price? New whispers and rumors have been swirling since the reveal of Kinect. Some say multiple SKUs with different prices will be announced, others seem set on the idea that a lone Kinect device will be released and will cost $150.

These rumors should be either quashed or confirmed in a couple of hours as Microsoft takes the E3 2010 press conference stage. We'll be liveblogging the event, so definitely stick with us.    
#1 Posted by BradNicholson (812 posts) -
Kinect and a slew of games for the hands-free controller were announced last night, but the important details, the price and the release date, were left out of the short presentation. But like the ad last night, a piece of marketing (via MCV, via Kotaku) has possibly outed Kinect the release date, revealing that the device could be coming as soon as this November 2010. 

This. 
So, how about that price? New whispers and rumors have been swirling since the reveal of Kinect. Some say multiple SKUs with different prices will be announced, others seem set on the idea that a lone Kinect device will be released and will cost $150.

These rumors should be either quashed or confirmed in a couple of hours as Microsoft takes the E3 2010 press conference stage. We'll be liveblogging the event, so definitely stick with us.    
#2 Edited by TheSmilingDude (92 posts) -

yes? and yes, i am totally obnoxious

If the Kinect is 150,- however, it's going to be a five hundred and ninety-nine dollars moment.

#3 Edited by MjHealy (1828 posts) -

Kinect is a weird ass name.

EDIT: Damn! My first attempt.

#4 Posted by dvdhaus (355 posts) -

No matter when this hits...it's not for me!

#5 Posted by Lydian_Sel (2480 posts) -

Just in time for my birthday.

#6 Posted by ToadRunner (277 posts) -

Connect Four is coming to xbox 360?

awesome! i hope gameloft does the port

#7 Posted by schizogony (974 posts) -

I'll buy it when it goes on clearance.

#8 Posted by Meteora (5787 posts) -

I've been hearing all sorts of price ranges for the Kinect. Hopefully it doesn't exceed the $100 mark, because otherwise it may not seem attractive to buyers.

#9 Posted by GilbertMordinAndSullivan (442 posts) -

I only play games that have full Wii Move Kinect support.

#10 Edited by Tomzombie (396 posts) -

its dumb why would you change the name when every one in the media knows it and you promoted it last year as Natale retarded move Microsoft  well maybe that name dues make more scene the kinetic like kinetic energy.

#11 Posted by gosukiller (2324 posts) -

That.

#12 Posted by MrBlowfish (84 posts) -

Wondering is it will recognize this as a valid input: ,I,,

#13 Posted by sander_dutch (49 posts) -

So will the Kinetic set be cheaper than a harddisc?
It's really hard to say if MS will try to overprice this peripheral like its HD's or try and go for the mass market with a reasonable price

#14 Edited by mosespippy (4047 posts) -

Was just watching live.twit.tv and they are on site during a rehearsal on the E3 floor and the person doing the rehearsal said it'll be available in November and Price is TBA. 

EDIT while watching TWiT: Will be able to play multiplayer on Live. It takes pictures of you and you can post those pictures to facebook. "It's for teen girls."

#15 Posted by Milkman (16541 posts) -

$150 seems like a lot...

#16 Posted by Sogeman (866 posts) -

Sure it's November, it says so right on xbox.com

http://twitpic.com/1wsem6

#17 Posted by TeejIV (40 posts) -

This seems soon, doesn't it?  Don't get me wrong, I'm happy to shorten the hype cycle, but still. 

#18 Posted by VarkhanMB (159 posts) -

November seems.... too soon indeed

#19 Posted by Hoursofbs (88 posts) -

$150 ? Do not want. 

#20 Posted by Goblinoid (75 posts) -

For some reason I don't really believe it's going to be succesful..

#21 Posted by DudeFromJersey (52 posts) -
@schizogony:  Same here.
#22 Posted by MightyMayorMike (423 posts) -

I wonder who Kinect is for? I have zero interest in it. I guess they're probably targeting players younger than myself.

#23 Posted by pweidman (2303 posts) -

I'm so getting this in November....Not!  Lolly, it's for the casuals, and I thought MS showed enough for me to see what they're driving at.  The exercise game looked legit, as well as the dance game, as did the voice/motion overall funtionality and usefullness of Kinect.
#24 Posted by redjacked (47 posts) -

Is that the Walmart font?  It's always going to be overpriced.  Always.

#25 Posted by daelakk (6 posts) -

I don't think it'll work up to expectations... but that's just me.. maybe it will

#26 Edited by TheSilentTruth (1106 posts) -

Legos are more fun than Kinects.

#27 Posted by FoulMouth (3 posts) -

$150 is a little to much for me. $99 sounds so much better. I never purchased a Wee-Wii because it's a P.O.S. made for children and grand-ma's. Maybe the wife and I will get a few hours of use out of this... Anything to get her interested in playing.

#28 Posted by Origina1Penguin (3500 posts) -

I'll wait for it to impress me first. It hasn't done a good job so far with live proof.

#29 Posted by Rasgueado (710 posts) -

November is already cramped.

#30 Posted by Dark_Lord_Spam (3166 posts) -

Hooray nonsensical PR-employable name!

#31 Posted by YoungFrey (1321 posts) -

Without a truly astounding game (legendary genre inventing works), or several great ones, I don't see this working.  So far I've seen nothing I even would want to play if it was free.  So selling me on $150 peripheral plus games is a huge gap I've seen nothing to bridge.

#32 Posted by Lawrens (688 posts) -

150 dollars to play kinect sports jumping around all by myself at home, or add 50 dollars and get a wii to play super mario galaxy, oh my what a tough choice.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.